Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2016, 07:58 AM

2,605 posts, read 2,717,922 times

Advertisements

This week was crap. It all started Monday when I decided to stop by my parents house to drop off a spare TV had in my house for their basement. I found them moving furniture & getting the house ready for guest. I decided to skip gym and help them move. Cleaning is a good & useful workout. That motivated me to clean up my house, especially since I had suspicious there was unexpected guest (bugs) in the house. So TUESSDAY I again decided to skip gym and go vacuum my house & do a deep cleaning. All this cleaning and dusting set off my allergy & WEDNESDAY I found myself sick with runny nose/itchy throat/& super hungry appetite. Now its Thursday and I am still sick, I don't think I will get any workout this week

I don't even know if I should try because I need to get my body healthy first
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2016, 09:01 AM

596 posts, read 429,580 times
Cleaning is good for your house and your own sense of well being. It's not a "good and useful workout". It burns about 29% of the amount of calories that running does over an hour.

I've found that, aside from being bed ridden, even a mediocre run with a cold/sniffle/mild flu helps me out especially if its before bed and I take a warm shower after the run before heading off to sleep(maybe some medicine for the symptoms too, if needed).

When it comes to fitness it really should take a front seat. Cleaning and vacuuming should be spread out and done in small increments during the week (to leave time for workouts)with maybe a deep clean on your off workout day...but it will never take the place of an actual workout.

You're doing great, make sure you don't let yourself get away with putting up artificial barriers to your own success.

Good luck.

Old 05-23-2016, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottPlake View Post
Cleaning is good for your house and your own sense of well being. It's not a "good and useful workout". It burns about 29% of the amount of calories that running does over an hour.

You're doing great, make sure you don't let yourself get away with putting up artificial barriers to your own success.

Good luck.
Thank you, that was a good reminder and helped me get back to reality. as mentioned above last week was a bust. I skipped the first 2 days workout with the honest intention of cleaning up house and doing "useful" things. I always felt bad using up energy at gym and then crashing at home when I could have used up the same amount of energy at home & got sooooooooooooo much done. But it doesn't work that way.

Following my 2 days of intentional slacking and 2 days of being too sick to even think about working out. I decided, WTH, I might as well continue this for rest of the week. I helped my parents with cleaning up basement on Friday and Sat. Sunday I needed a day off to be just me. I did not eat well. actually I ate really bad & I gained almost 2lb in this week of slacking off. But that's ok, I am back this week with a vengeance. Although I am still suffering from runny nose & itchy throat. I will still go as planned. Eat salad, brown rice, vegy .. Walk 10K steps everyday & exercise 2 days a week

Old 05-25-2016, 08:40 PM

This week going great. i was motivated on Monday & Tuesday. i ate healthy lunch, i did 1 hour workout + took 2 walk brake during the day, i had breakfast food for dinner and I lost the 2 lb I gained last week by Tuesday. Felt great and i feel like I am floating on air. But today i been dreaming, craving something yummy, something good and tasty. At this point in time 2 days of heavy focus, one day light to recoup and then get back at it is good balance. So today I figure its middle of the week & I will pick up food i enjoy (not totally unhealthy but maybe not 100% healthy). I went out for dinner and had amazing chicken with rice from my favorite restaurant. i should have gotten side salad now that I think of it but it was sooo good i finished without thinking.

Then we took walk at the park. i had my 11k steps and i had healthy lunch. I am happy about the tasty dinner I treated myself to. Hopefully i keep up this attitude and balance rest of the week

Old 06-01-2016, 08:23 AM

4th & final week of May - HOLDING same weight.

The good - Went to Zumba class, loved it as usual. Worked out on my own on Tuesday heavy duty workout. Had all the intention to workout on Wednesday but I keep finding excuse
The bad - with the holiday weekend, I had lot of family event & eating wasn't my top priority. When I remembered I had vegy and salad but most times I munched on food while cleaning house and prepping
The Ugly - I am angry at myself.

Month of May - Zumba class became my staple. 2 workout/ week has been established but weight wise I have not lost much. I seem to be holding the entire month. I have been fluctuating between 166-165lbs. One week I gained to 167 but really I been holding my weight at 166. I need to break free & amp something up.

Goal for Jun - For me, fasting season is coming. That changes my entire diet/workout plan. For Ramadan the goal is to get 10K steps in & do at home exercise at night. I need to create pinterest on workout to do at home. Also eat lot of fruits

Old 06-01-2016, 08:55 AM

I reviewed my weight chart since Jan 31st. Here is how it went

1.5 weeks (1/31 - 2/10) lost 2lbs
5 weeks (2/10 - 3/17) lost 5lbs
3 weeks (3/17 - 4/7) on HOLD ~ no weight loss
4 weeks (4/7-5/5) lost 4 lbs (can't seem to lose that one lb to make it 5lb)
4 weeks (5/5 - now) on HOLD ~ no weight loss

I need to break free

Old 06-06-2016, 02:03 PM

1st week of JUN- Finally 2lb lost at 163. Woohoo, this was my mini milestone. I will go buy myself a gift

The good - After last week frustration I went back to my diet. I purchased a bag of Asian chop salad, which I had for lunch 2 days this week. I purchased a bag of frozen veggy & lots of fruit. I had 2+ fruit everyday, made salad/vegy. The only thing I didn't make was brown rice but I cut down on carb. I also purchased yogurt so had that for dinner with cashew nuts. Diet wise it was great week, I did indulge on Thursday while visiting a relative but I skipped dinner as result
The bad - I did not workout, no Zumba, no weight lifting. But I did walk a lot. I walked 15,000 steps few days and on average I had 12K steps.
The Ugly - nothing this week, I am happy finally seeing progress. hope it continues

Old 06-13-2016, 02:12 PM

2nd week of JUN - Not sure how I am doing. My clothes are fitting well, I got few compliment on losing weight but I haven't checked my weight. Will update next week on how Ramadan and trying to eat more fruits and keep walking has been going. Goal is to hit 160# now

Old 06-20-2016, 08:17 AM

3rd week of JUN - Have been weighting 162-163lbs. I am happy that I finally crossed over to OVERWEIGHT from OBESE. Never in my life do I want to be on the other side. I expected more results due to fasting season but I am not moving much, I am really busy with family/extended family that I feel like I haven't spent enough time with myself or on myself.

I wish I can say, now on I am going to focus on myself. But I have a wedding coming first week of July that I am part of & 5 other wedding before September. Between family and friends, I seem to be putting myself last. The turning point will happen when I get fed up but for now I am not there yet.

Old 06-28-2016, 07:52 AM

4th week of JUN - I am officially tried of spending time on other people. I need rest. Sleeping better, making sure fruit is one of the first 3 items I pick up during breakfast (fast break time when we have many yummy fried food). Having fruit early on makes me full and less likely to grab unhealthy options. Also making sure to fill half my plate with salad during dinner. On negative side, I am not moving much & sleep could be better. I am at 161#, so losing 1lb per week. Hoping to be below 160 by end of the month
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals