Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 05:41 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times

Advertisements

Sleep till 7 am

so now I am way behind

I woke briefly around 4 but said "nah" and went back to sleep
the weather says it is going to be around 84 today so I need to get out in the garden to finish before it gets too hot
shhh you know who woke a bit cranky this morning so I will probably be getting the mulch myself

going to take the dogs for a quick walk right after I get the ? o' day posted

YAY!!!!! its friday

so whats your day going to be like
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2008, 05:47 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,044,320 times
It's a little drizzly in New York this morning and I woke up pretty achy. I'll check the weather.com hourly forecast to see what time might be a good time to go for a short walk. The temperature got up to the 70's yesterday and it was beautiful. Today, it's back to 40's - 50's and overcast. Oh well.

I hope everyone has a productive day today!

Charley

Old 04-11-2008, 05:48 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
LOL...we must have been posting at the same time. Sorry - hope I didn't step on your toes.

Old 04-11-2008, 05:49 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,620,439 times
good morning Karla. I've been told by my realtor that I need to get the curbside appeal going on my home. Any advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated like, what do you do with all the dead growth from the year before? My thumb is as far from green as it gets. Do I just pull out all the old stuff or will the new stuff just push it away? Oh and yes, I'm totally serious.

Old 04-11-2008, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannie216 View Post
good morning Karla. I've been told by my realtor that I need to get the curbside appeal going on my home. Any advice you can give me would be greatly appreciated like, what do you do with all the dead growth from the year before? My thumb is as far from green as it gets. Do I just pull out all the old stuff or will the new stuff just push it away? Oh and yes, I'm totally serious.
I'd pull out all the old dead growth. That will also give the new stuff room to grow.

One thing that I do that helps with curb appeal and exercise is the following: Take a nice healthy walk around the neighborhood. Look at the "curb appeal" of all the homes you pass and note what you like and what you don't. Then go back and look at your house again and see if there are elements of the "likes" and "dislikes" that you saw on your walk. That will give you a few ideas about what you can do - if necessary - for the front of your home.

... and, you'll get a nice walk done at the same time!

Charley

Old 04-11-2008, 06:16 AM

now that is great advice Charley, thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMTAD View Post
I'd pull out all the old dead growth. That will also give the new stuff room to grow.

One thing that I do that helps with curb appeal and exercise is the following: Take a nice healthy walk around the neighborhood. Look at the "curb appeal" of all the homes you pass and note what you like and what you don't. Then go back and look at your house again and see if there are elements of the "likes" and "dislikes" that you saw on your walk. That will give you a few ideas about what you can do - if necessary - for the front of your home.

... and, you'll get a nice walk done at the same time!

Charley

Old 04-11-2008, 06:17 AM

Quote:
It's a little drizzly in New York this morning and I woke up pretty achy. I'll check the weather.com hourly forecast to see what time might be a good time to go for a short walk. The temperature got up to the 70's yesterday and it was beautiful. Today, it's back to 40's - 50's and overcast. Oh well.

I hope everyone has a productive day today!

Charley
Charley, you and I seem to have the same weather reports, we must live fairly close. Good morning nms!

Old 04-11-2008, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannie216 View Post
Charley, you and I seem to have the same weather reports, we must live fairly close. Good morning nms!
I'm in Rockland, just above Bergen county.

Old 04-11-2008, 06:39 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times
hey all
I was over in OT posting the ? o the day

nms how sweet of course you did not step on my toes you silly !!!!

jeannie can you either post or dm me a picture of the front of your house ?
there are some things you can add now that will give you a burst of color

what is the "dead stuff" your talking about ? so we will know if it is "cut it back" or " pull it out"

I am sooo sore I think I may skip the wogging and have the yard work count as my exercise today

Old 04-11-2008, 06:43 AM

Quote:
I'm in Rockland, just above Bergen county.
Well, I grew up in Bergen County, Ridgewood, and now in upper Passaic County, right next to Oakland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals