Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-13-2008, 03:34 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,113,982 times

Advertisements

Yup you guessed it

It is a SPECIAL DAY today !!!!!!!

It has been a challenging week on the exercise thread so I figured everyone needs a special day

It has been a while since we have had a "eat what you want it doesn't count" day

so today will be

THE DAY !!!!!!!!

So what won't count for you today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2008, 04:44 AM

4,620 posts, read 14,984,152 times
I'm still working on my 2 lb bag of peanut M&Ms, and today I won't think twice when I dig my hand into the bag multiple times and come up with fistfuls.

It's gonna be a happy day -- there's barely a hint of light in the pre-dawn sky and yet there's a cardinal out there singing merrily away.

Old 04-13-2008, 04:47 AM

hey mawipafl

it is raining here did you get any ?
rofl now all of the exposed dirt in the gardens from my reduction in inventory project is going to be muddy and you just know that Lola & ralph and going to decide to play in it .

ok time to hit the shower and go out for breakfast

I may get the "big breakfast today since it doesn't count

Old 04-13-2008, 04:51 AM

4,620 posts, read 14,984,152 times
Not raining here, but we must have had a little during the night because the patio is damp in places.

Your boy and his tomboy cohort will just gravitate to the mud ... um, maybe teach them how to take showers?

Old 04-13-2008, 05:30 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,361,498 times
Whoohoo ... we didn't get anymore snow during the night and they're saying none for today! I'm definitely doing a happy dance.

Heading out for my morning walk in a few. The light and the SUN rising are perfect (I hope) for the photos I want to take.

maw, how do you make a 2lb bag of M&Ms last that long? In my house they are inhaled by the hubster and son.

Karla, can we have a photo or two of the mud pups?

Old 04-13-2008, 06:36 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,043,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
So what won't count for you today ?
Good morning everyone,

My Sunday morning bagels won't count. I made a deal with myself that each week I lose more than my weekly weight loss goal, I'll have my Sunday morning bagels. I lost two pounds from last Saturday until yesterday and the goal was one pound. So bagels it is.

Wish everyone a great day ...

Charley

Old 04-13-2008, 07:54 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,231,607 times
Ohboyohboyohboy! I love "special day"!

The NASCAR race did not end until after midnight, which is several hours past my bedtime. I crawled out of bed about a half hour ago. Shadow walked all of 3 houses down and decided she wanted to come home. No argument from me.

It is all grey & gloomy here and the wind is blowing. There is some rain on the radar, but not very much.

We are getting ready to head out for breakfast, so I am thinking there might just be a hot fudge sundae on my list of "Karla said it doesn't count" items.

Old 04-13-2008, 09:23 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,260,249 times
Well, since I've been eating like every day is "No Count Day", I don't know yet. I'm a little nervous. Tuesday morning, I have to have my annual blood letting for the cholesterol test and all that other stuff. DH and I have been eating a lot of nasty stuff since we came down here, including lots of pizza (ya gotta love Papa John!), beef, sweets and, since it deserves its own category - ICE CREAM. bad, bad, bad.

Being Sunday, not much going on. We may go down to the Caloosahatchie River and watch the world go by, but the weather won't decide what it wants to do. We got a surprise rain shower this morning, adn there are some gray clouds out there, so I don't know what's going to happen. We weren't supposed to see any rain till after supper. Oh, well. It's ok. We need it. It's not like we don't get lots of nice weather here.

Enjoy, everybody. Oh, Evey - do you get peanuts in your hot fudge sundae?? Love it w/peanuts and whipped cream. Not chopped nuts - whole peanuts.

Old 04-13-2008, 09:23 AM

hey all
back from breakfast it was yummy !!!
my back is finally feeling better though, it is rainy and nasty 57 degrees so no lawn mowing for me

I think I am going to curl up on the sofa with a book and eat M&Ms casue "they don't count" today

since I got up at 4:30 I see maybe a nap in the near future

I will take a poppy seed bagel please

Old 04-13-2008, 10:24 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,231,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
Oh, Evey - do you get peanuts in your hot fudge sundae?? Love it w/peanuts and whipped cream. Not chopped nuts - whole peanuts.
Blech! Nuts belong in a bowl with other nuts. They do not belong on a sundae, in a brownie, in a cookie, in banana bread, or anywhere. I don't mind when other people eat them in things, I just don't care for them.

What I do is make them put fudge on the bottom, then some ice cream, fudge in the middle, then some ice cream, and fudge on the top. I guess I get enough fat & calories from that to make up for not having nuts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals