Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 04:31 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,134,994 times

Advertisements

make sure you have some fun today !!!!! Because you all know what tomorrow will bring
MONDAY !!!!!!

The friends we meet for breakfast on Sunday's have company so looks like we are on our own hmmm maybe Waffle House !!!!! We can't go there with our friends because they don't have "fake eggs"
Dang to bad we don't live closer to Evey we could go to breakfast with her and her crew

oops lol little ralph found one of hubbys socks and brought it into his bed, I though he was just laying there with it till I picked it up and realized it now had no heel hmmm I wonder who he learned that from

We have to go get Mr Karla measured for his tux today(not his idea of a fun thing to do) we can give the measurements to my sister and he can get the tux from the same place in Charleston that the other guys are using. I guess there is some kind of group discount because it would cost us $150 to rent one here and only $89 using the shop there. I joked that the savings will pay for the gas to drive up to Charleston.

My "fun" for today will be mowing the lawn but since I like do this it really does count as fun

So what "fun" thing will you do today?

hey nms want me to send you my tips for "eluding' the neighbor

ok off to post the ? o' the day lol I am hoping and idea for the ? will emerge by the time I get there
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2008, 06:55 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,273,979 times
Hey, Karla...for ? o the day, how about "How do you elude a nosey, annoying neighbor?" LOL

I told her I plan to do a small project every day and I mentioned changing the curtains in the bedroom and now she wants to help. GGGRRRRR. I think today's project will be to wash the car, get rid of those love bugs that committed suicide on it. After that, pool time.

It's pretty quiet around here, but I'm kind of liking it for now. Ask me again in a couple of weeks.

Karla, I've always wanted to try Waffle House. Can I come, too???

Old 05-04-2008, 07:10 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,365,986 times
WoW! I haven't been to a Waffle House in I don't know how long. All I remember was their menu tickled me pink when I first came to the States with its smothered, covered, splattered and scattered. "Hey, can I just have the food on my plate, please?"

I can see gardening in my near future. The green stuff that calls itself a lawn needs mowing. Plus there's a tree or two that needs to go timber. Don't worry, I am replacing them.

NMS ... we used to call those bugs the suicidal bonkers!

Have a great day everyone!

Old 05-04-2008, 08:30 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,247,938 times
K Pattie, Evey's tip for love bug removal: Lightly moisten a used (or unused) dryer sheet. Wipe bugs away. Rinse car. All the years I have lived in FL that is the very best way that I have found. If you leave them on too long they will eat the finish off of your paint. A light coat of wax will help keep them from sticking as badly and will make them easier to get off.

Ooooh! Waffle House? I love Waffle House! And I skipped breakfast with the crew this morning.

I slept way late, after being up late (well, late for me) watching the NASCAR race last night. Just got back from trying to walk my dog. It is 80 here already and she refused to step out of the shady areas. Can't say I blame her, since she wears a black fur coat.

Has anybody heard from tlb yet? jeannine said she thought she might be on vacation, but she has been gone from us for 3 weeks now. Maybe a mod can shoot her an e-mail........

Old 05-04-2008, 09:10 AM

Well, I finished my chore. Thanks for the tip, Evey. Unfortunately, I didn't see it till just now. Oh, well. I used one of those scrunchy body wash things - they work great. The car looks good, too, except for where I ran into it with the golf cart. Oops!

My annoying nosey neighbor came over while I was doing it and talked to me thru the whole thing. Of course, she sat on the golf cart, which was in the garage, and waited till I had the hose running before she'd say something. Naturally, I couldn't hear her, so I had to turn off the hose, ask what she said, reply and go back to the hose, at which time she'd start talking again. It would have taken me half the time if she hadn't been there. Oh, well. It ain't easy eluding your neighbor while you're washing your car!

Catch y'all later.

Old 05-04-2008, 09:45 AM
JnR

1,709 posts, read 851,263 times
Ouch, groan, moan... hubby and I stained our deck yesterday and I feel as if I did 5,000 squats!!! My butt, thighs and even calves are singing the blues this morning. Hubby made the comment that I am always saying I need more exercise... shall I beat him now?? LOL

So today, I will take it much more easy. I didn't get around to my container planting yesterday so maybe I will do that. Maybe I will lay around on the couch all day... who knows!!

Have a great day

Old 05-04-2008, 09:57 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,247,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JnR View Post
Ouch, groan, moan... hubby and I stained our deck yesterday and I feel as if I did 5,000 squats!!! My butt, thighs and even calves are singing the blues this morning. Hubby made the comment that I am always saying I need more exercise... shall I beat him now?? LOL
Oh yes, that is worthy of a beating.

Old 05-04-2008, 10:07 AM

Careful, tho...wouldn't want to hurt yourself more!

Old 05-04-2008, 11:31 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,541,258 times
Pattie, maybe the trick is to make yourself annoying to her! Crank up your stereo and tell her you couldn't hear her knocking or calling! That's a really sticky situation, you don't want to totally alienate her, but sometimes people just cannot take a hint. Rudeness doesn't even faze them-I don't do this but other people do. Too bad Miss Manners doesn't have a hotline!
Anyway, I got a few exercises in so far, might try to do some more, but I'm thinking Krogering is in the plans for later today, so that's a lot of walking anyway.
Have a good Sunday everybody!

Old 05-04-2008, 02:41 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,134,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
The car looks good, too, except for where I ran into it with the golf cart. Oops!
oops somehow we missed the story on this one
come on Pattie give

oh wait !!!! this could be a good topic for "? o' the day" for tomorrow

well never made it to waffle house we decided we eat way to much and then don't feel like doing anything , so we ended up going to hardees for b/e/c biscuit

we got his measured and stopped for dog treats then the grocery store and when we came home we had a surprise waiting at our front door

lol no it wasnt patties neighbor
but a 3' black racer snake lol I was ready to head for the hose but hubby shooed him away I got a picture on my cell phone

he is a good snake but good or bad he needs to visit elsewhere

it was too hot by the time we got home to mow so that will go on tomorrows list

evey lola pulls the shade trick on me when we walk sometimes I have to tempt her with treats

well I guess I need to start thinking about dinner *sigh*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals