Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 04:26 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone
In honor of memorial day it is officially "take the day off and relax" day

Will you be going to a parade or celebration honoring our service hero's?
Will your grill be working over time ?
or
Will you be spending some quality time with a good book and just hanging out ?

What ever your choice I hope everyone has a safe and relaxing holiday

remember today is an "exercise free" zone
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2008, 06:40 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,122,669 times
hmmm where is everyone ?
lots of views but no posts yet
my poor post is sooo lonely

Old 05-26-2008, 06:47 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times
Ok, here I am. I was on about 5 minutes ago, but the second I started to read your last post in yesterday's thread, the power went out! Wow, Karla, you really must have been upset in order to do that all the way from J'ville! LOL

Anyway....

You seem to be a day behind me this week for some reason. I already took yesterday off! I did ride my bike to and from the gym, with 30 min. weights session in between. Then I came home, did my morning chores (most of them - still have to unload the dishwasher) and, since the morning was nice and cool and low on the humidity side, I took the furniture and grill off our little patio and scrubbed the cement pad and the furniture. I've been waiting to do that for weeks, but it's been so hot and humid in the mornings down here. Today is just gorgeous.

Then I came in and had a fresh fruit salad - watermelon, cantelope, blueberries and green grapes. Pretty and delicious, too.

There's a bird nest in a tree at our next door neighbor's house and the babies are calling for food 24/7, but they sound like a dog whining. It's driving me crazy! LOL I guess there are benefits to having the windows closed sometimes!

Well, at noon, NN and I are going to the clubhouse for the picnic, then at 5, I'm on my way to the fried chicken dinner at the Elks Club, so you probably won't see much of me after this morning.

Have a safe holiday, all.

Old 05-26-2008, 07:22 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,238,078 times
Morning peeps!

Karla, your posts would not be so lonely if you would sleep in once in a while, especially on a holiday weekend.......

It is a few degrees cooler here this morning and Shadow dragged me around the golf course already. I was supposed to go massage a horse this morning, but the owner called and said she will be calling me tomorrow to reschedule. *heavy sigh* It would have been nice to make some $$$, but oh well.

No other plans for the day until dinner at the folks' house this evening.

Old 05-26-2008, 09:38 AM
JnR

1,709 posts, read 850,968 times
Good morning! Yesterday I went into town and bought more potting soil, planters, seeds and plants... guess what I will be doing today? Since Karla insists we take the day off I won't feel any guilt about not exercising. Gardening is too much fun to be considered exercise! LOL

Old 05-26-2008, 10:11 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,045,204 times
A few moments out of bed allows me to stop by to say hello to all my exercising friends. I hope everyone is having a wonderful Memorial Day weekend.

Charley

Old 05-26-2008, 10:15 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,238,078 times
Hey Charley! Great to "see" you! How are you holding up?

Old 05-26-2008, 10:51 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,344,251 times
Hey everyone.
Glad to see you post Charley. I posted yesterday what I'd be doing today. A day ahead of myself. Picnic time out by the pool.
For my dessert recipe, take some fresh pineapple and cut it into slices, put it on the grill and grill it. The night before, take 2 cans of condensed milk, put it in a casserole dish or oven safe bowl and add some rum to taste. We put in about a cup. NMS, it's not necessary to add rum but maybe add some kind of flavoring like vanilla. Put the bowl in another pan with water added. (water bath) and bake it in the oven at 425 for an hour. Chill overnight.
After grilling the pineapple slices, put a scoop of vanillla ice cream on it and then add the cream on top of that. Very yummy.
I love pineapple anyway.
Happy Memorial day to all.

Old 05-26-2008, 10:58 AM
JnR

1,709 posts, read 850,968 times
Hey Charley! Nice to 'see' you for a moment. Four short more days (if I remember correctly, surgery on the 30th) and then you will be on the way to recovery. Hang in there and know that we are thinking of you and sending you best wishes!

Thanks Song for sharing your dessert recipe. Hubby says we definitely have to give it a try. Pineapple and rum are two things he can never pass up! LOL Actually, that was the first cocktail he made for me... myers rum and pineapple juice. We sat out on his front porch, sipping the yummy cocktail, and watched the sunset together. Ahhhhh.... what a romantic devil he was! And still is...

Old 05-26-2008, 11:46 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times
Well, I was in a marathon this morning-my snowbird neighbor called and we yacked for a couple hours, so I guess that's a yackathon. Anyway, thanks for the day off, Karla!
Speaking of birds, the other day I saw the oddest thing. A big hawk was just gliding away and there were 2 much smaller birds flying around it-going in and trying to peck it, we watched it for a while, the hawk wasn't even trying to avoid them, just wearing them out, while they tried to divert it from their nests. Well, I think that is what was going on anyway. been noticing things lately, like all the squirrels seem to have disappeared, but I don't want to sound like the 'crazy cat lady' and say anything to people...but it's true. Very strange. Supposed to be in for some nasty storms up here, doggone it, better not mess up my flowers! Have a good holiday, everyone. Howdy Charley-get back to bed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals