Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 05:47 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,126,024 times

Advertisements

good morning everyone
it's Monday already !!!
I was hoping to get up early enough to take Lola for a walk before it got to hot
But didn't roll out of bed till almost 7 and rushed to get the trash out because the pick up times keep changing every week

today is refrig guy somehow last weeks apt never made it on the schedule I requested an early apt so I am kinda house bound till he gets here
but I will use that time to "play" in the garden
my lemon daddy hydrangea that I have in a pot in the screenroom has just exploded in blooms so I think it is time to put it out in the garden so I will be moving a few things around
I will also do some weeding & trimming back the damage from the hail last week
so my exercise will be they garden type

we have a follow up apt with the ortho this afternoon I am going to explain the whole work S/T disability issue to him and let them handle it
the funny thing is they can give him remote access and he can easily work from home

So whats your plans for today
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2008, 05:54 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,045,949 times
My plans are to sit in this soon-to-be air conditioned room, post on City-Data and save my energy. Given 100 degree temps today and tomorrow, under normal circumstances, I'd LOVE to get out there and enjoy a good long sweaty walk. But I'm still in what I consider a recovery stage - so I'll go out next on Wednesday.

Remote access from home sounds like a great option. I hope that works out for everyone!

How about everyone else?

Charley

Old 06-09-2008, 06:12 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,388,477 times
No plans for today, either.
It's already too hot outside so right after picking DS up from the day nursery I will put him into his baby pool. He loves that very much and play quite a long time in there. That's good for me b/c I can sit in the sun and watch him.

Tonight's time for some more ironing. Already finished a big basket full yesterday evening.
I also intend to cook something nice for tonight's dinner.
Maybe I can pursuade DH to go for a short walk with DS and me...

Have a sunny and cool day.

Old 06-09-2008, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMTAD View Post
My plans are to sit in this soon-to-be air conditioned room, post on City-Data and save my energy. Given 100 degree temps today and tomorrow, under normal circumstances, I'd LOVE to get out there and enjoy a good long sweaty walk. But I'm still in what I consider a recovery stage - so I'll go out next on Wednesday.

Remote access from home sounds like a great option. I hope that works out for everyone!

How about everyone else?

Charley
Charley, good to know you're recovering well. Only some more time and you'll be back to normal... Keep my fingers crossed.

Old 06-09-2008, 06:32 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,622,031 times
Hi everyone! Charley, nice to see you back. Hope your recovery continues to go smoothly. Charley and I have the same weather reports so at 100 degrees, I'll be laying low today. My kids will have a half day because of the heat and I'm going to try and squeeze in an upper body work-out this morning before it gets any warmer. Diana, you could sit right next to your little one in the pool to stay cool. Have a great day everyone!

Old 06-09-2008, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannie216 View Post
Hi everyone! Charley, nice to see you back. Hope your recovery continues to go smoothly. Charley and I have the same weather reports so at 100 degrees, I'll be laying low today. My kids will have a half day because of the heat and I'm going to try and squeeze in an upper body work-out this morning before it gets any warmer. Diana, you could sit right next to your little one in the pool to stay cool. Have a great day everyone!
Jeannie, how I wish but the pool is too small, I just can't fit myself in. But he's splashing everything out anyway so I might get wet one way or the other

Old 06-09-2008, 06:57 AM

Thanks Jeannie. Yes, we do share the same weather. I'd so much rather be out enjoying a nice long sweaty walk at the lake but I'm not ready for that yet.

Wednesday should be better. I think I'll be trying to drive for the first time on Wednesday. My car needs an oil change and I absolutely need a haircut!

Old 06-09-2008, 07:06 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,126,024 times
wow 100 degrees !!!!
I can't believe it is going to be hotter up north than here in FL !!!!!
they are calling for it to only go to 92 today

Jeannie
they have "heat days" wow
when does the school year end ?
Our schools last day was June 5th which is actually late
they changed it last year, the kids use to get out of school in May

oh lol almost forgot
woooo hoo mr karlas incisions have healed enough that he can take a shower !!!!!!

I think he is over giving himself sponge baths out of the bathroom sink

Old 06-09-2008, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
woooo hoo mr karlas incisions have healed enough that he can take a shower !!!!!! I think he is over giving himself sponge baths out of the bathroom sink
Boy do I understand THAT! For me, being able to finally take a shower was like winning the lottery! You go, Mr. K. Enjoy it!

Old 06-09-2008, 07:29 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,622,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
wow 100 degrees !!!!
I can't believe it is going to be hotter up north than here in FL !!!!!
they are calling for it to only go to 92 today

Jeannie
they have "heat days" wow
when does the school year end ?
Our schools last day was June 5th which is actually late
they changed it last year, the kids use to get out of school in May

oh lol almost forgot
woooo hoo mr karlas incisions have healed enough that he can take a shower !!!!!!

I think he is over giving himself sponge baths out of the bathroom sink
our last day is June 20th, I believe, but becuase of the heat and no ac in the schools, they are making it 1/2 day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals