Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2008, 04:32 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,128,548 times

Advertisements

Its Thursday which means off to school in 2 hours
Today the kids are going to make Monarch butterflies that will be "migrating" to Mexico with all of the other Monarchs from all over North America.

It is really a cool program, we send them down to a school that is in the city the butterflies migrate to . They will then winter there and the kids will send them back in the spring. Since the "butterflies" that return are different the kids will then send a letter to the school that they originally came from to let them know that their butterfly came to Florida and they are taking care of it.

I will be ellipticling when I get back from school
I do not seem to be sore from yesterday 40 mins so I am going to increase it by 5 or 10 mins today
lol I am going to have to find a new book since I picked up yesterday book last night and oops finished it

so what are you going to do today
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2008, 04:55 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,622,635 times
Good morning Karla! Missed you guys! I seem to have missed quite a bit, is that a new piece of equipment you have? I did my first Taebo work-out in weeks yesterday and it was pretty hard. We have a beautiful work-out facility here so I"m going to have to take advantage of it. I think another Taebo work-out for me this morning. Have a great day!

Old 09-11-2008, 05:46 AM

19,922 posts, read 11,046,835 times
Hi Karla and good to see you Jeannie!

I do plan to get out for my two mile walk again this afternoon. I hope everyone is doing well.

Old 09-11-2008, 06:08 AM

jeannie we have missed you also

yes I am the new owner of an elliptical machine
lol it took the place of the ladders in the library !!!!

morning charley I bet the temps are very nice for your walk today are the leaves starting to change yet ?

Old 09-11-2008, 08:28 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,242,333 times
Morning peeps!

Great to "see" you Jeannie!

Karla, the leaves are changing here already. Not a lot of them, but more & more every day. I bet Charley has some to look at while he is out there today.

Shadow & I have taken about a 20 acre walk this morning. Mickey decided to come along with us, and much of the farm is very scary to a kitty who has never seen HUGE open spaces. She was very brave and walked a lot farther with us than I thought she would. Mickey loves Shadow and when we lived in a neighborhood with sidewalks she would come along every morning when we walked. The last couple of years we have not lived where it was safe for Mickey to follow along.

So, the listing agent came in person to pick up my offer this morning. I hate the waiting part, to me it is worse than the hunting part.

Old 09-11-2008, 09:28 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,269,134 times
Hi, all.

Karla, I need you!!! Remeber I showed you the photo of our house w/the bushes that go up to the windows? I told DH back before the rainy season taht we really should cut those down. DH's idea of cutting bushes down is about 6 inches. Well, this morning, he finally decided it was time to cut them back. Rainy season's almost over, but what the hey. I told him we needed to cut them back quite a bit more than we did last time. Well, he took me for my word. He went all the way down to the knuckles of the bushes (I think that's what they're called)! So, my front yard looks really, really nekked! God bless him, he means well.

So my exercise for this a.m. was to put all the clippings in the wheelbarrow and drag them to the curb for the horticulture guys to come pick up. Oh, and, of course, they came and mowed our lawn while the stuff's all over the front of the house, so when the hort. guys come, we'll have a huge block of unmown lawn.

All my problems should be this bad, right?

Fingers still crossed for you, Evey. Hang in there. YOu're right - waiting is the worst.

Old 09-11-2008, 12:18 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,538,098 times
Wow-didn't we have this conversation not too long ago about men and 'trimming'? I cringe every time my dh looks at something and tells me that it needs a trim.

Anyway, I did this 10 minute cardio workout, twice, then turned on some music and the song YMCA came on so...had to do some more! Then did some ab, rear and a reduced version of my arm workout, since my shoulder is still acting up. It takes forever to see any results, but just a few missed workouts and BAM-it's almost like you're right back to the beginning.

Hope you all have a good day!

Old 09-11-2008, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
morning charley I bet the temps are very nice for your walk today are the leaves starting to change yet ?
The temps are great. The leaves have not started turning yet. Probably another three weeks or so in my area.

Old 09-11-2008, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
Wow-didn't we have this conversation not too long ago about men and 'trimming'? I cringe every time my dh looks at something and tells me that it needs a trim.
Trimming? Are we talking hair? Hedges?

Old 09-12-2008, 06:08 AM

hey all
wasn't able to get back on yesterday

pattie they are hibiscus bushes right ?
I have cut mine back almost to the ground and they have come back really nicely
I would give them a light feeding to encourage new growth and then I would tell Mr NMS that next time he wants to go on a trimming binge your "so gonna tell karla" lol

School was fun we showed then a video on butterflies it was interesting well at least the first 2 times lol by the 3rd class !!!!!!!!

When I got home I ended up on the phone for hours on my quest for the spaghetti dinner donations
A couple of the sauce companies will donate "fixins" but for some reason they won't send to FL lol and you know me if it can be done why does the state make a difference
I think I may end up going to have a chat with the owner of the pizza place I seem to spend a lot of time at he maybe able to hook me up with his distributor and I can talk them into "partnering" with us

any news on the house evey
I would love to "frolic" around 20 acres
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals