Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Daily update for exercise thread, running errands, waiting for inspector, interested in hearing other people’s plans for the rest of the day

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 06:30 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,118,863 times

Advertisements

Good morning
Sorry I am late
Had to run early to get hubbys follow up bloodwork done
I guess they want to see if the Cholesterol meds are working so I figured since we were already out and about might as well stop and renew the tag for the 4 runner which expired oct 31 lol
so now I am home and waiting for the sofa inspection guy rofl and you know I had to run the vac and make sure there were no surprises under the cushions

so what are your plans for today
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2008, 06:42 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,235,578 times
LOL Karla! Sofa inspection guy?

I ended up not doing any work on the house yesterday. I went over there and was just too tired to crawl around on the floor scrubbing baseboards. Instead I went and bought the actual paint that I would have been ready for in 2 rooms today if I had done any work yesterday. Oh well, I can have colored paint tomorrow.....

Shadow & I have taken the big walk this morning. She is now sleeping on the couch and I would like to join her, but I will motivate today. *heavy sigh* I think I forgot how much work a house can be.

Old 11-03-2008, 06:46 AM

9,724 posts, read 14,264,687 times
Good Morning, Karla, Racelady and everybody!

Sounds like a busy day for all.....as usual, huh?

I spent longer than usual at Curves, got the weigh/measure thing done, and inches are coming off....if only 1/4 inch here or there! Body Fat Index is still going down, and the printout they gave me shows % of body fat keeps dropping. So, that's a good thing! At the end of my workout, it showed I'm not working hard enough! I mean, what do they want??? I keep seeing that big sign on the wall that says '50% of the battle is showing up"....and, I do that! So, I guess I've got to make a concentrated effort to work up more of a sweat. On that step machine, when I grasp the stainless steel bar, it tells me my heart rate, which is always right on target or too high. So, I don't know how to even these things out.....Work harder, but slow the heart rate down???? It can be very confusing.

Anyway, hope you all get some exercise in and have a pleasant day. I'm off to work!

Old 11-03-2008, 09:11 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,362,673 times
rdlr ... keep up the good work!

Oh Evey I know how you feel. I thought that I would be put in my coffin with a paintbrush in one hand and a roller in the other!

How was your birthday Pattie? I hope you had a really good time.

Well, they're knocking down the old house opposite me. Lots of banging and crashing going on. How my hubster sleeps through it I don't know. They'll be building three brand new houses on the lot soon, so more banging to come.

Off walking soon.

Have a great day everyone!

Old 11-03-2008, 10:34 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,533,906 times
hmm...sofa inspection? Find any combs? (that's where ours used to hide!)

Today I did my arms, and ABC twice, and some aerobic stuff, and since it's looking really nice and sunny, I may go do some yardwork.

Pattie, I hope you had cake for all of us! (and I hope it was chocolate with chocolate frosting!)

Old 11-03-2008, 12:12 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,342,692 times
Hi everyone.
Sounds like you all have been busy today exercising and errands.
I have to agree. Houses are alot of work.
Pattie, I hope you had a good birthday and your sore goes away on your mouth.
I took a long walk today. It feels good to walk but I'm not bending my right leg too well so I'm hoping or keep hoping this pain will go away.
Dreading this politic thing. I went into the forum. Too many argumentive people.
Happy day to everyone.

Old 11-03-2008, 12:30 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,263,356 times
Hi, all. Busy morning. PT first thing, then we went to Cape Coral and I had a pedicure, then we went to a bookstore (I felt DH deserved to do something he likes instead of waiting for me). Came home, had lunch. Had to run an errand, andhere I am.

B'day was wonderful. I got to speak w/Mom and both sisters, which is unusual. The middle one usually forgets. I got to harrass them about the cold up there. Always fun.

DH took me to a bookstore, I got a John Lennon biography, then we went to Outback for an early dinner. I was starved! We each ordered a draft beer and, since it was Happy HOur, he brought us 2 beers each (darn!). DH ordered the Aussie cheese fries as an appetizer. The waiter asked if we wanted the 1/2 order. DH said we wanted the whole order, at which point, I knew I was in trouble. These are the bestest fries ever. OMG. And what a huge plate. Poor waiter. WHen he picked up the empty plates, he put the bowl of ranch dressing on top (it was almost full) and dumped it all over the floor and the poor couple behind hubby! He felt so bad and apologized thru our whole meal. Hey, things happen. We ordered before they brought us the fries, and DH ordered the 16oz. prime rib w/baked potato and broccoli. I ordered one of hte specials - the 4.5 oz. filet mignon wrapped in bacon with 2 shrimp and 2 scallops (grilled) on a bed of long grain/wild rice and asparagus. We both ordered our meats med. rare. Hubby's came back perfect. Mine was "blue", but it tasted good and I didn't want anybody spitting in my dinner, so I didn't send it back. I don't use much salt, so I'm really sensitive to it. There was some sort of seasoning onthe asparagus that was so salty I couldn't eat it. But that's ok. I really had plenty to eat. I was going to order their carrot cake, but there was no way. So I had some great food, but no cake. Oh, well, I'll make up for it, fuzzy, maybe w/ a double choc. cake!

It was a wonderful b'day and I enjoyed it very, very much.

OK, back on the subject of today's exercise. PT. She threw ina new one that I couldnt' quite do yet, so I'm sure I'll get to that later on in the week.

OK, gang. I just took 2 ES Tylenol, so I'm going to see if I can catch a nap to get this arm to feel a little better.

Tet, don' you hate when there's noise outside and there's nothing you can do about it? rdlr, do your best. It's obviously working, right?
Evey, take your time, dear. You don't have to do it all in one day.

Song, I hope your leg feels better. I stay away from political stuff and keep my opinions to myself for that very reason. Karla, I hope your sofa gets passed. Would hate to have them reject it!

Old 11-03-2008, 01:56 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,342,692 times
Glad you had a wonderful birthday.
As far as the politics forum, or political stuff, I don't like talking about it either but sometimes I like to mess with people, mainly trying to get them to lighten up some. Didn't work.
I hope my leg gets better too. This is driving me bananas.
I'm taking another walk this evening.

Old 11-03-2008, 02:25 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,362,673 times
Glad you had a good time Pattie.

Just got back from two hours at the dog park! My poor JRT is flat out at my feet. I'm just waiting for the snoring to begin!

What gyms do you guys belong to? I've been kicking the idea around for a while about joining one because I miss the structure and routine. I'm not getting very far on my own and I really need extra help to strengthen my knee and lower back. Any feedback you have would be helpfull.

Old 11-03-2008, 03:34 PM

9,724 posts, read 14,264,687 times
Hello again, ladies! Whew! I had an extra busy day, like you all have. Looking forward to a glass of cheap red wine and falling asleep looking at the news!

NMS....boy what a day you had! Tell you a secret! My hubby likes to get a pedicure, himself, about 3-4 times a year. It's a riot, and the only place he will go is WalMart! He started about 3 years ago when he had to go in the hospital and was embarrassed about his feet. He can't bend down and take care of his toenails, so that's what he does. And, he's a very "masculine" man! Whatever works, I say. I just don't go with him! Glad you had a wonderful birthday. I don't have them anymore. They magically went away with menopause.....Hormones, or something, I was told

Fuzzy, good job on the arms/abs. I really need to concentrate on those areas.
Song, I know what you mean about politics....soon, it will be over. I don't force my political views on anyone, and it's a turnoff when somebody does that to me. Yet, some people thrive on that sort of thing.
Tet...well, you know I go to Curves, and am going on 2 years as a member. All ladies there, and we're not there to be "friends" but there for a purpose. Some people are down on Curves because they say many don't really exercise, just gossip. Not my Curves. If you haven't been to one of those, the machines are arranged in a circle, with one spring board/recovery board between each machine. You do the circuit twice, then a 5 minute stretching to cool down. Total: 30 minutes. Pefect for me. Oh, and there's a wrist band and you scan it on each machine. At the end, you log in to their computer by the door, and it shows you a diagram of the body, with red/green dots, meaning areas you worked good, and those you didn't. Lots of other info on that computer, too, mapping your progress. Sorry to be so long. By the way, I have no affiliation with Curves, don't work for them, own them, or otherwise

Karla, hope things are going well today!
Almost time for the wine!

Last edited by rdlr; 11-03-2008 at 03:47 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals