Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 05:40 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,128,548 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone !!

Welcome to our "lets start this year off with a bang" new beginning !!!

We can use todays thread to outline what we hope to accomplish exercise wise

I am going to really try to get on the elliptical at least 3 times a week and add a few walks with hubby and the "kids"

Yard work will be extra credit because as my muscles are telling me this morning you do give then a workout

I will be realistic in the fact that I know I am not going to be able to completely cut out the "junk food" ( my sweets and such) but I am going to try to cut them back

I am also going to add more water to my daily routine
I think I am going to have a 10 am diet soda cut off after that I will switch to water

So this is what I plan on working on

What will your "plan of attack " be !!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2009, 05:51 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,225,338 times
Happy Monday!
Well my salad is made for lunch, and fish is in the fridge for my dinner. I gave up pop last year so lots of water for sure, only downfall is coffee with cream (have to start out my day that way) I made sure I got fat free creamer though.
When I get home tonight the exercise room will be calling, but I have to be honest, I don't think I will last but 10 minutes (I've been lazy lately). Walk with Cassy tonight also, if it is not raining.
Off to work now, good luck on the new start everyone.

Old 01-05-2009, 07:44 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,364,520 times
Good morning ... and welcome back to the grind!

My plan of attack is to think more positively about life in general, and not let the small stuff get to me. I also want to hit the gym at least four times a week supplementing that with daily walks with my Rusty. As for food, I'm going to decrease portions but treat myself each week with a little something.

I hope everyone gets off to a great start!

Old 01-05-2009, 11:35 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,389,111 times
Happy New Year, exercising friends!

I've had the most exhausting exercising today. We woke to inches of snow this morning and it was freezing cold. DS was very excited and we went to shovel snow from the sidewalks right at 8:30 a.m.

We also had to shovel snow from under my uncles car which got stuck in the drive of his house. No wonder - he didn't have wheels for such kinda weather.

This afternoon we went out for a walk with my cousin and her bf and DS to show him how to ride a sleigh. We were sweating afterwards and had lots of fun.

Now we've friends over, just ordered pizza - didn't we deserve this???

See you!

Old 01-05-2009, 01:28 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,538,098 times
Today I did 2 spark people bootcamp things-one from a while back, and a new one for a new boot camp they're doing now. I couldn't find the one for yesterday, and didn't want to waste time searching.

My son is in Kuwait now, he left on the third, flew to Bangor maine, then to a place in Germany then to kuwait. He called up this morning, collect at around 6 a.m. He is gonna be there for a few weeks, I guess, for whatever reason, then off to iraq.

Old 01-05-2009, 01:29 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,346,945 times
Hi everyone.
MM, I like the tongue sticking to the pole. That's funny.
New beginnings (again) today. I did the Leslie Sansone 5 mile walk dvd except I only did 3 miles.
I was doing really well with eating right most of the time and got off track so I'm back on it again today. So far, so good.
I've been off diet sodas for a long time. My goal is to get off diet food all the way and eat the full fat yogurt and milk. I've been reading where all this 'diet' food is bad and it's best to eat the full fat yogurt and drink the full fat milk.
I do drink alot of water though so I have stuck with that.
As soon as I run out of most of my supplements, I'm cutting back on those. I don't think it's necessary for me to take 50 tablets a day of different suppllements. I'll only take the ones I think I may need.
Tet, I like your idea about thinking more positvely about life and not letting the small stuff get to ya. I've been working on that too and sometimes it's hard but I know it can be done.
I'll be the big 50 in a couple of months and I've heard a lot of people say that you go downhill after that. I think the total opposite and although I can't (I don't think) do cartwheels, flips and somersaults anymore, or at least do them like I used to do them, I can still move and as long as we can move and breathe, we can make a difference in ourselves.

Old 01-05-2009, 01:34 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,346,945 times
Fuzzy, you and I posted at the same time.
I got an email about the bootcamp workouts too.
The one for yesterday was some kind of kickboxing workout. My internet service is slow so mine keeps cutting out so I've decided I won't be able to do workouts from a computer.
I do need to record my meals on sparkpeople. For some reason, I hate doing that but that's supposed to help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzymystic View Post
Today I did 2 spark people bootcamp things-one from a while back, and a new one for a new boot camp they're doing now. I couldn't find the one for yesterday, and didn't want to waste time searching.

My son is in Kuwait now, he left on the third, flew to Bangor maine, then to a place in Germany then to kuwait. He called up this morning, collect at around 6 a.m. He is gonna be there for a few weeks, I guess, for whatever reason, then off to iraq.

Old 01-05-2009, 02:04 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,538,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
Fuzzy, you and I posted at the same time.
I got an email about the bootcamp workouts too.
The one for yesterday was some kind of kickboxing workout. My internet service is slow so mine keeps cutting out so I've decided I won't be able to do workouts from a computer.
I do need to record my meals on sparkpeople. For some reason, I hate doing that but that's supposed to help.
On their previous bootcamp workout there was a 'printable' version, which is what I used since we didn't have high speed internet then. Maybe they have it for this one-at any rate, I know they did before.

Old 01-05-2009, 02:41 PM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,269,134 times
Hi, all. SInce this is my last week with PT and we have appointments 2 more days this week, I'm starting exercising next week. OK, so that's my story and I'm stickin' to it!

Asked the therapist what she thought the dr. would say when I told him I didn't want to play anymore and she said he'll tell me I still need to build up my weight strength, but that I could do it from home. So I'm ready for our conversation on Wednesday.

Then DH dragged me all over Lee County in a search and when we finally found it, he wouldn't buy it because "IT's too expensive." His funeral will cost even more. GGGRRRRR. Men! I am NOT a big "let's go shopping and just look in all the stores." I know what I need and I go get it and come home. We were out there from about 9:30 till almost 4. No wonder I drink.

Anyway...I guess I got some exercise from all that walking, eh??

Catch y'all tomorrow.

Old 01-05-2009, 06:35 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,225,338 times
Evening all,
I worked on the stair stepper tonight and I really feel it already, can't wait until tomorrow
Diet worked most of the day, my one biggest problem is going to be I LOVE sugar. At 3:30 I had to "visit" the candy lady in our office, a nice sucker was waiting for me!
Have a great night.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals