Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 06:28 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,265,595 times

Advertisements

Hi, all!

We're taking the day off. No housework, no gardening, but we are going to Lowe's.

What's up for you today?

PS - Thanks for the recipe, Cassy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2009, 07:48 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,238,078 times
Morning peeps!

LOL Pattie! Another trip to Lowe's, huh?

Well, we managed to get the trailer unloaded yesterday without killing each other. I think each couple has certain things they should never do together. Moving stuff is one of the the things this couple should avoid.

It rained hard last night and is cold & windy today. Shadow was concerned for getting her toes wet, so we took a short walk this morning. Hopefully the sun will come out later & we can hit the riverwalk.

Old 04-03-2009, 08:27 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,344,251 times
Hi everyone.
We've been thinking about getting another dog and we saw one on Petfinder that would be a good match for us and Whiskey.
I gotta try to talk Charlie more into it. We both want one but we'll see what happens.

Old 04-03-2009, 10:21 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,363,333 times
Glad you're both still alive Evey!

Song ... a new pupster? Oh I hope you manage to talk Charlie into it We found our little fella on Pet Finder. Good luck!

Well, I hit a small goal of mine this morning. I actually ran a solid mile without my knee giving in on me! I was so chuffed, the rest of my workout was a blast. If I can raise my shoulders tomorrow it will be a miracle! I don't want to jinx myself but, I'm going to try and run a little once or twice a week now. Hopefully I will be able to build up from there.

Well Pattie I wish I could say no housework, but alas, the vaccum, duster, mop and washing machine are calling my name rather loudly!

Hope everyone has a fandabbydosey day!

Old 04-03-2009, 12:29 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times
You makin' those up or what? Be careful, running is a high injury exercise because it's so high impact, and those knees might be screaming at you down the line-although, I know a lot of people who've had knee replacement [of course, NONE of them were from jogging-unless it was to the bakery].

I did my 30 minute cardio, now I have to find some motivation to do something else.

Good luck Cheryl, Happy Friday everyone

Last edited by fuzzymystic; 04-03-2009 at 01:17 PM..

Old 04-03-2009, 01:11 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,363,333 times
Fandabbydosey is a real word! So is chuffed where I am from in England.

Old 04-03-2009, 01:16 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,535,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tet tea View Post
Fandabbydosey is a real word! So is chuffed where I am from in England.
Chuffed sounds like something you'd do to suede boots!

Old 04-03-2009, 04:31 PM

Yep, another trip to Lowe's and, not one, but TWO Home Depot's.

Glad to hear you and the hubster are both still among the living, Evey. First hubster and I should never have tried to play tennis together.

Song, best of luck with petfinder and the potentially new puppy.

Tet, I love your Britishness. Don't ever change, ok?? Oh, BTW, I only buy Tetley Tea, so when I have "a cuppa", you're with me in spirit.

fuzzy, that's a good description. chuffed and suede boots do sound like they go together.

Old 04-03-2009, 04:37 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,344,251 times
We got another dog!!
The one we went to look at is the one we got.
His name is Jasper, sheperd mix, looks like he has husky in him too, 1 1/2 old. Sounds like him and Whiskey were born the same month.
They're playing now and I'm keeping an eye on Jasper to make sure he doesn't start peeing everywhere. He's supposed to be housebroken so I'm hoping it's so.
He needs some leash training for sure and we'll see what he knows or doesn't know tomorrow.
I usually change the names of the animals I get but Jasper sounds like a good name so that might stick but his second name will be Rowdy.
I'll try to get a picture of him tomorrow and post.

Old 04-03-2009, 04:38 PM

Oh, great, song! We love pictures!

Jasper sounds like a great dog, and handsome, too. Can't wait to see him. Enjoy your new Fur Son.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals