Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 04:51 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,112,598 times

Advertisements

Good morning everyone

Happy Monday !!!

Yay today is the first day of "bug science camp"

Today the kids will be learning about sea turtles we are also going to be making sea turtle eggs with little hatchlings inside

I am hoping it is all inside activities today since it is going to be 98 !!

Woo hoo I found my whistle !!! with 18 kids running aorund this will come in handy

Dinner at my sisters last night was really fun, her hubby grilled nice rib eyes and your not going to believe this but I actually put some asparagus on my plate and ate it lol

I brought a dress and cashmere sweater with a mink collar for my niece that I found in my cedar chest that had belonged to my Mom from the 60's. She loves retro clothes and was so excited to have something that was her "goomaws"
We all had a chuckle over how the sizing has changed over the years the dresses tag said 12 but it equals a size 4/6 today

Oh I can finally say the screenroom shade cloth project is finally finished !!! What a difference it made in there already

So what fun stuff will you be doing today
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2009, 05:37 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,259,466 times
Oh, Karla, it's a good thing I won't be around you when you have that whistle. I think it would put a major dent in our friendship! :-}

Your niece must have loved that outfit. So...how'd you like the green stuff???

We went for a shorter walk today - only about 2 miles. Another hot, humid one here.

Today, the plan is to go into Cape Coral where I'll use the last of my gift certificates from the pedicure place. Hubster wants to go to the weekly shopper office to place an ad for some stuff he wants to get rid of. Karla, it's too bad we're not closer. He has 2 almost new work benches he wants to get rid of and some other woodworking tools.

I guess that's it for today. MIss Smokey just jumped up to say hi to everyone.

Take care.

Old 06-22-2009, 06:26 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,230,359 times
Morning peeps!

Karla, how brave of you to put something green on your plate! I notice you don't mention if you LIKED the asparagus or not..... Asparagus, when it is cooked right, is one of the few green things that I enjoy. When it is not cooked right, blech!

We are waiting patiently for the A/C man. He will be here at 10:00. My poor animals keep looking at me like "why won't you make it cool?". It was 86 in the bedroom when I went to bed at midnight. I have 2 big fans cranking away in there, and it was all the way down to 82 when I got up. YUCK!

Shadow, Mickey & I have been for a short walk. Later Shadow & I will head to the barn to hunt mousies, ride, and then dinner with some friends.

Old 06-22-2009, 06:31 AM

Evey, I know what you mean about the asparagus. Mom used to buy the stuff in cans. I ate it ok, but once I found fresh, fuggetaboutit.

Old 06-22-2009, 06:33 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,230,359 times
Eeeeeeeewwwwww! Canned asparagus is nasty! I think it should be child abuse to force kids to eat that!

Old 06-22-2009, 12:13 PM

I agree. Once we convinced mom that fresh is SSSOOOOO much better, she started buying it that way.....then she'd boil the heck out of it till it tasted just like the canned stuff! What is it with that generation that they have to cook the life out of everything???

Old 06-22-2009, 12:17 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,339,102 times
I like asparagus when it's cooked right but not the canned stuff. Canned anything to me is not very good.
Hope your a/c is working by now Evey.
I did the ramp it up thing today along with some major housework in 2 rooms.
I'm thinking about doing some cardio Richard Simmons style but that's all I've done so far is think about it.
Got to go to a meeting this afternoon. One of the local Indians thinks he can get a semi pow wow going here on July 4th so he's going to teach us some etiquette so we don't offend them. I already know the etiquette but I'm going anyway.

Old 06-22-2009, 12:18 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,530,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
We all had a chuckle over how the sizing has changed over the years the dresses tag said 12 but it equals a size 4/6 today
Well, that sort of explains Marilyn Monroe being a size 12!

Today I did a circuit training workout with that cutie Marco, and I got a bunch more rabbit food last night that I have to plant.

My neice made asparagus where she wrapped it in bacon, tied the bacon into a bow, and baked it.

Have a good one everybody.

Old 06-22-2009, 12:51 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,112,598 times
Hey all
Camp was sooo much fun
The presentation on Sea Turtles was amazing I learned almost as much as the kids !!!
There is a volunteer Sea Turtle watch group that marks the nests and follows up on the nest to make sure all the little hatchlings do as well as they can.

The asparagus wasn't bad it was fresh that she steamed I think it was a tad over cooked but I think I might try it wither on the grill pan or that wrapped in bacon idea fuzzy posted

The only canned veggie I will eat is corn , I don't like the canned smell that canned greenbeans have so I would think the canned asparagus woudl have the same tinny smell

right now it is 99 with a heat index of 106 so I think I am spending the rest of the day inside lol

pattie what kind of wood working tools ? woudl they fit int he flat rate post office priority box we may have to talk

o fuzzy I stopped at Walmart on the way home from camp remember when we were speaking about the misting fans ? well I found a really cool on it is small enough to hang around your neck and is only $3 I bought one for each of us

song how much fun does the pow wow sound !! I would love to attend one of those
what kind of etiquette rules do you need to follow ?

evey are you cool yet

Old 06-22-2009, 12:56 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,530,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
o fuzzy I stopped at Walmart on the way home from camp remember when we were speaking about the misting fans ? well I found a really cool on it is small enough to hang around your neck and is only $3 I bought one for each of us
Thanks!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals