Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2009, 06:21 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,126,024 times

Advertisements

As much as I would love to veg all day looks like that will not be in the plans
I have to go get my sisters b-day present she has started collecting a pandora charm bracelet PANDORA jewelry (http://www.pandora-jewelry.com/US.aspx - broken link)
it is very cool lots of different slides/charms you add
lol I may have to get myself the starter bracelet while picking up the charm for her birthday lol I am hoping I can find one that represents shopping !!!

The nice thing is if you go with the sterling silver it is not very expensive at all

Then we have to stop at Home Depot & maybe Sams
change in plans instead of everyone going out for diner tomorrow night she is going to BBQ at her house so I offered to bring the cake and want to get another of those fantasy fudge ones that I took to the meeting

They are saying tomorrow is going to hit 103 I don't think I even want to know what the heat index will be so we should probably put mowing the lawn mowed on today to do list

sigh can I come hide at one of your houses

are any of you doing anything special this weekend ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2009, 07:09 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,224,833 times
No Karla, just trying to stay cool. I am going to have my hair fussed with in a couple of hours! After that I have a trip to Wally World planned to get a new floaty thing for the pool, I also have to find something to hang my new hummingbird feeder with. I am so excited, I saw my first little guy last week and once I get this hung I am hoping that the word will spread in hummingbird land!
Need to get up to the mall and find hubby some new shorts too. Oh, and the car needs an oil change. So that will be my day!
I am trying a new version of orange chicken for dinner tonight. I saw Ingrid Hoffmann make it last weekend and it looked and sounded real good. I like her show, most of her food is fruity and fresh sounding, so I got a couple of her recipes and am going to try them out!
Have a good day, try to stay cool.
Sandy

Old 06-20-2009, 07:25 AM

morning sandy
oo you need to find one of those floating drink coolers I saw last year
you could attach it to your float lol

I think I saw a float in chaos's garage I may have to drag it out and take a little dip
he dad said I could use the pool but he also said if I go in chaos will join me so I would probably want to wait until he is done eating and back in the house

ooo fuzzy I know you havent posted yet before I forget you should try leaving a little piece of corn on the cob for your squirrels I bet it woudl be a fun treat for them I keep wanting to attach one to our fence for ours

Old 06-20-2009, 07:50 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,240,440 times
Morning peeps!

Oh Karla, you should swim with Chaos! It is lots of fun and he will love you even more for it!

Shadow, Mickey & I took a walk this morning. We stopped to chat with a neighbor. Shadow wandered up onto her porch and startled her kitties who were sitting under a bush. 2 large hissing spitting kitties hit the yard and Mickey, all 8 pounds of her, puffed up, growled, and charged to stand between her dog and these kitties. It was hysterical!

Nothing fun going on here today. Laundry and painting.

Old 06-20-2009, 08:03 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,224,833 times
Mickey the protector! Lol you must have gotten quite the chuckle out of that.
Karla, the floaty thing I had in NC already had the drink thing in it. I loved it I could float, half of me was in the water and I could have my huge glass of water and read for a couple of hours!
Cassy won't go into the pool. She does not like water, go figure part lab and part golden!

Old 06-20-2009, 11:39 AM

7,395 posts, read 19,345,786 times
Hi everyone.
My dogs don't particularly like water either although the sheperd mix will go in it more than our lab mix unless there are a couple of ducks in the lake and then they chase the ducks.
I went to the chiro yestrday so I'm a bit sore so I did start it up today which was 25 minutes. The program I'm on says if you don't feel well, at least try to do a low intensity version of start it up so I did.
Sandy, the chicken sounds good. I like trying new recipes too.
Karla, you can hang out at my place. It's warm but only in the 80's now. It will cool down alot by around 4.
I keep thinking today is Sunday.
Happy Saturday to everyone.
Where is NMS? She's usually one of the early posters.

Old 06-20-2009, 11:52 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,267,642 times
I know, song, I'm late. Sorry. Here's the scoop:

DH and I slept in till 6:30!! Wooo, what slug-a-beds we were! Went out, walked to the gym, but took the short way home, so 2 miles instead of 3. The air was like breathing thru a wet blanket, it was so heavy.

Got home, showered, then we went off for errands and just came back. Goodwill got a bunch of stuff from us that they're going to sell. Breakfast at Micky D's. We were THIS CLOSE to coming home with a scooter for DH to run around on. But I had to go potty really bad, so we left and he came to his senses. Actually, I wouldn't have minded getting one. And the prices were really good. Then we went to Lowes and Home Depot because we've decided to put new cabinets and countertops in the kitchen.

Evey, I can see Mickey protecting her big sister.

Sandy, I think Karla might be talking about a cooler type thingy that floats around the pool and you just pull your beer or soda out of it.

Good to be home. Hot out there. Karla, it's only going to be 97 here tomorrow w/heat index of 105. So you can come down here to cool off.

Going to a show that the community is sponsoring tonight. Should be good. Have a great Saturday, everyone.

Old 06-20-2009, 12:10 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,536,965 times
Hi everyone. I got up and well, it went downhill from there...not really just some unexpected delays. Dh had to run back out to work and get some stuff, I told him I'd help, and just went in my pig lady clothes, not for public consumption, and ended up doing nothing.

But I tried 2 new workouts-one a short core workout which I think was really a good one-plus the instructor, Marco is a cutie! Then I did a yoga/cardio workout-which sounds like an oxymoron, but boy oh boy, it was really something! There was a guy instructor on that one too, but I'm pretty sure he didn't get that body from yoga!

Oh, Karla, all winter long we put ears of corn out for the squirrels-our little redneck squirrel feeder, which is a nail driven into a piece of wood with the corn shoved onto it. They love it, so do the rabbits, and I've even seen birds plucking kernels off. This is common around here [these squirrel feeders]...yee haw. But when the weather gets nicer, they can fend for themselves more. Except ol' gimpy!

Old 06-20-2009, 12:27 PM

hey all right now it is 98 with a heat index of 105

got most of my errands done picked up a cute birthday cake charm for my sister
I am going to wait till they have the buy a charm get the bracelet 1/2 off to get mine

came home and hand watered all the potted plants that looked so sad from the heat

now I am doing laundry lol I realized the last white tshirt was in hubbys drawer so I needed to do the laundry

lol I can't imagine how crazy chaos would be in the pool I promised my sister I would try to stay bruise free until the wedding she was not pleased with my latest from moving things on the patio

song the 80s sound pretty good right now on my way

fuzzy I have some left over corn on the cob can I out that out for my animal friends ?

Pattie what kind of scooter !!!

sandy lol the one I saw held ice & a 6 pack !!!

I have no idea what the rest of the day will bring well other than laundry sigh

Old 06-20-2009, 01:36 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,345,786 times
Okay Pattie, I was just worried that you hadn't posted yet. Glad you're okay.
Karla, if I were you, I'd take an A/C break and sip a cold beverage.
Fuzzy, tell us more about the cardio/yoga workout. Sounds like something I'd like to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals