Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 06:29 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,126,024 times

Advertisements

Good morning my fellow exercise family !!
I was surprised that we had another cool morning I guess the weather folks were wrong and the heat moved back another day. Today it is suppose to hit 89 and 88 for the weekend high
Oh joy !!!

So I am going to head out in a bit to run to Home Depot to get a tomato plant then Petsmart to get Lola a new baby hopefully one with out a squeaky !!!
Then a stop at the nursery to see if they have Mums

One on one time on the elliptical later this afternoon

It is going to be an absolutely insane week next week so probably going to lay low this weekend

What will you be doing today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2009, 07:33 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,674,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karla with a K View Post
Good morning my fellow exercise family !!
I was surprised that we had another cool morning I guess the weather folks were wrong and the heat moved back another day. Today it is suppose to hit 89 and 88 for the weekend high
Oh joy !!!

So I am going to head out in a bit to run to Home Depot to get a tomato plant then Petsmart to get Lola a new baby hopefully one with out a squeaky !!!
Then a stop at the nursery to see if they have Mums

One on one time on the elliptical later this afternoon

It is going to be an absolutely insane week next week so probably going to lay low this weekend

What will you be doing today ?
Hi Karla.............Will be 71 here in Dover today. Not bad.

I know it's been a while since I posted on the excersise thread but I"m getting back into it starting monday.
Just got back from being away so there is wash and stuff today to keep me busy.
Need to shop for food....preferably fruits and veggies.

Will spend the day running around and playing catch up.

Thanks for the mum reminder......I need some too. I love love mums.

Happy TGIF

Old 10-02-2009, 07:33 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,380,574 times
Well I started the day off with a Vanilla Bean frap and a slice of banana walnut bread...now I'm sitting there thinking about all those calories and how I have to go to a black tie event in December and since I already brought my dress can't afford to gain a lot of weight...but it was soooo good.

I'm going to do the stairs today Not because I really want to but because the elevator in this building smells like rotted corn chips and I'd rather take the stairs then ride three floors in that putridness

Old 10-02-2009, 08:30 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,240,440 times
Morning peeps!

Shadow & I have taken a squishy, blustery cookie walk this morning. It poured all night and now the sky is that very bright blue that you only see this time of year.

We are heading out to First Friday later for their version of Oktoberfest.

Old 10-02-2009, 08:35 AM

16,199 posts, read 11,674,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Well I started the day off with a Vanilla Bean frap and a slice of banana walnut bread...now I'm sitting there thinking about all those calories and how I have to go to a black tie event in December and since I already brought my dress can't afford to gain a lot of weight...but it was soooo good.

I'm going to do the stairs today Not because I really want to but because the elevator in this building smells like rotted corn chips and I'd rather take the stairs then ride three floors in that putridness
Oh I know all too well the pangs of guilt for indulging. I've had 10 days of that.
Today it is back to my WW program.
I tablespoon of peanutbutter on english muffin
1 cup of stawberries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racelady88 View Post
Morning peeps!

Shadow & I have taken a squishy, blustery cookie walk this morning. It poured all night and now the sky is that very bright blue that you only see this time of year.

We are heading out to First Friday later for their version of Oktoberfest.
I love the way the sky looks this time of the year. Especially on a cool day when the sky is full of white puffy clouds.
Enjoy the octoberfest..........sounds like fun.

Old 10-02-2009, 08:53 AM

4,279 posts, read 10,364,011 times
Oh I miss Oktoberfest. The Germans sure know how to put on a party! Have a great time Evey.

It's been raining cats, dogs and a few frogs here. I can't complain because we desperately needed the rain. It's going to make for a soggy walk in a few.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday!

Old 10-02-2009, 09:27 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,267,642 times
I'd love to hit an Oktoberfest. Good beer. Yum.

You folks all should have been at my house this morning. DH bought me a new KitchenAid mixer and I was dying to try it. And I've been craving apple pie, so I decided it was time to make my own pie crust, rather than rely on Pillsbury. What I didn't stop to realize was that, while the mixer will put the crust together, it won't roll it out and put it in the pan. Bummer. Well, I got started. First thing I discovered was that DH had not put the shortening in the fridge after we bought it yesterday. So I had to chill that before I could go further. No problem. I'll wash the apples. Look out the window and who drives up but the guy down the way who does nothing but complain about his life. So 15 minutes of that, which cheered me up to no end (please insert sarcasm here). OK, back in the house. Well, it's a beautiful morning, so we'd let the cats out in the Kitty Kage. I went to see what they're doing and, as I'm headed to the front porch, Bandit, the boy cat, came in with a baby Gecko. I guess he wanted to show him the new kitchen. Well, I got him to drop it and the Gecko was pretty smart for a little lizard and started running under different pieces of furniture. Well, Bandit got him again for me. I had to force his little jaws apart to get the thing out of the cat's mouth. Finally did that, thought the Gecko was dead, but no....off he goes again. Finally caught him and put him outside. Bandit's not speaking to me. Back to the pie.... Got the dough all put together, cut it in half and put it in the fridge to "rest". Sliced the apples, was mixing them. DH is out back, planting a banana tree. "Hon, can ya c'mere a minute?" Sure...let me drop everything I'm doing. He's found a humongous rock that he is sure has fossils all over it. OK. And he wants me to tell him what to do with it. I have a suggestion....... So he decides it's time for a rest and comes inside. Meanwhile, I start rolling out the dough. I have NEVER been a good dough roller-outer. Well, my dough looks like the outline of Africa. He starts making fun of it. I want to kill him. Anyway.... not to bore you further, the pie is in the oven, but the apples don't want to cook! But it sure does smell good!

I hope it cooks soon...we have to run to Ft. Myers to the fleamarket for a couple things, grab some lunch, then go to VA for DH to get his flu shot and his follow up physical w/his dr. She won't be happy w/him - we have not been eating the right things since vacation and lack of kitchen to play in. We just haven't gotten back to food that's good for you yet (she says while her apple pie is baking). Hey, apples are good, right??

Anyway..best run.

Catch y'all later.

Old 10-02-2009, 10:13 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,240,440 times
Hahahahahaha! Pattie, an apple a day.......

Old 10-02-2009, 01:36 PM

17,833 posts, read 33,126,024 times
Hey all well made it to Home Depot got our little tomato plant as well as a new tomato cage which lol hubby has reminded me to put in the correct way this year
Also picked up a gift card for my nephews b-day I had been trying to get him these sandals he wanted but noone has them in stock so he said he would love a circular saw instead

The nursery doesn't have any mums in stock they only bring them in special order. Since they are a wholesale nursery they don't always have the more routine stuff

So I guess we will be going to my favorite retail nursery tomorrow

lol natalayjones trust us we al here are experts in overindulgence

elizamary welcome back !! and didn't you know washing & cleaning does count !!

evey I want to go to the party what time are we leaving !!!

Sue you can gladly send us some of your rain they were calling for 50% on Sunday so we decided not to go to the game them they moved it to 40 % on Sat now it is 20 % maybe on sat
So I will gladly take it off your hands

pattie your cats sound like my little guy he loves chasing the lizards most time he just like looking at them with his tail wagging

You know I dont I have even made a pie hmmmm might have to give it a try I have a stand mixer

I am not a raw apple fan but there is something about adding sugar & cinnamon and then that crumble topping yum yum

I may have to go see if I have a can of apples in the pantry

It is the little boy next doors birthday tomorrow they always invite me for cake & singing and I get to wear a birthday hat !!!

Old 10-02-2009, 01:56 PM

4,279 posts, read 10,364,011 times
So how's the apple pie Pattie? The hubster and I went to a well known chain restaraunt a few weeks back. I just had to order a slice of their apple pie with caramel. I was so disappointed as the slice had only two chunks of apple in it! Anyhoo, I am now craving a Granny Smith.

Luckily our mutt hasn't brought any lizzards, snakes or anything else home. He does take off and kill shrews though! My son on the other hand is a different story. Last time it was snails sliding around my glass coffee table. He thought they were just empty shells. Yuk!

Got soaked this morning and again this afternoon. My feet were waterlogged. The local newscaster said that we might see a flake or two next weekend... and I don't mean dandruff! Hey Karla, should I send that down to you instead of the rain?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals