Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2011, 04:44 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,130,642 times

Advertisements

lol I decided I need a day off !!!

It is suppose to be a feels like day of 105 so that was another incentive

Running late to meet our breakfast friends (I didn't get up til after 6:30)
So I will be back to chat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2011, 07:09 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,270,731 times
Good morning. Karla....I don't think I remember you ever being late for breakfast!

Have to remember to be quiet this morning...Evey's sleeping in.

Got a 20% off coupon for anything we buy at Pet Supermarket, and it expires today, so we'll be going out for some Science Diet dry food that our kitties eat. That stuff's expensive and 20% off is a great deal.

Not sure what else is going on. I'm sure there'll be some housework done, besides the laundry that's out on the line right now. I think I mentioned that DH's sisters are coming for an overnight this week, so there are things that I don't want them to see, like the dust on our curio cabinet and its contents. I don't like to do that because they're expensive items that DH collected before I came along and, klutz that I am, I would feel so bad if I broke one. So it's a team effort on that one.

I'll be by later. Have a great day, all.

Old 07-31-2011, 07:15 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,225,809 times
Morning! It must be the day to sleep in I just got up not too long ago. Should be thinking about Church but heck it is too late to do that now.

Our day is going to be over at Kim's teaching her to can. We are doing stewed tomatoes and after that we will swim in the pool and wait to eat. Should be a fun day, btw I am going to supervise more than do the actual cooking of the tomatoes. I want to can up some spaghetti sauce in a few weeks too.

Yesterday's presentation went well. My friend was great and she did give me some samples and even tho I am poor I am going to log online and give her an order for some vitamins. Wow their make up is nice but no way am I going to pay that type of money! I did offer to host a real party for her (yes I offered, not that they suggested). I told Gin as long as it was before school began we could do this for her. Maybe I can talk Tricia into inviting some of her friends.

Pimento cheese sandwiches were to die for, and the chicken salad got raves but next time I make the chix I will not add garlic, just my personal preference. I am taking left overs to Kim's for her to try and the kids, hopefully it will be gone after that. BTW the dill bread was great! I think I am going to try the raisin bread next weekend for toast.

Evey the auction sounded great!

GOtta get. See everyone later and have a great day.

Old 07-31-2011, 10:00 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,244,197 times
Hey peeps!

Well, so much for sleeping in. I passed out on the couch a little after 8 last night. Not sure what timeit was when I crawled into the bed, but I was bright eyed & bushy tailed at 7:45 this morning.

Shadow, Mickey & I took a nice walk before it got too hot. We are now getting ready to plop on the sofa for the race.

Old 07-31-2011, 10:29 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,130,642 times
Hey all
Well back from breakfast & a few errands

Got he kitchen cleaned up the pantry straightened & a load of towels in

yeah so much for my "do nuttin" day

Hey does anyone else other than Pattie & I have the front load washer ?

Last night I did the "tub clean" lol I think it was the first time since we got them
There was a smell to the last load of laundry. After being washed I "think" it was from the sweaty outside clothes & hubbys (lets go golf with a heat index of 103 golf clothes"
So I did them again on the sanitary cycle

Then did the tub clean

I wanted to see if it did anything different but I started it before going to bed because I didn't know if it was like the oven when you self clean and it takes hours !!

This morning I noticed it did seems a little more "sparkly" in there and even the gasket by the door looked really clean

Yesterday at the Japanese steak house was nice I only ate the steak & chicken & the steamed rice
The "chop chop guy" was funny when I told him to give the shrimp & veggies to hubby
lol he looked at me and said "What u eat" ???

Lisa to answer your question yup I made my Mom crazy with my eating lol as I got older it was a "this is what we are having"
I actually use this to help teach my kids at school how important it is to try different foods
I tell them because I am so picky I can't go to friends houses to eat or go out with friends to different kinds of restaurants and I wouldn't want that to happen to them when they grow up

Pattie - canned air works good for moving the dust from shelves with fancy things on them

Evey - thats some good sleep you got !! I wish I could do that long of one once

Sandy- I am glad it went well yesterday I haven't seen any Amway parties down here. I remember when I was 18 someone took me to a meeting for Amway back when they were big on the "door to door" thing. This person said you have just the personality for this
even after all these years I remember the one demo they did for their drain cleaner. It worked on clogs & hair but to show how gentle it was they poured it into a styrofoam cup and it didn't eat through that
Why that stuck in my mind I have no idea

ok the washer is beeping back later

Old 07-31-2011, 10:53 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,270,731 times
LOL...Karla, that curio was WAY beyond the canned air treatment! ((blushing)) It doesn't get done often because I'm afraid to touch them and you know how men are about dusting. "Don't move anything - nobody'll know." DH and I were trying to figure out when was the last time it got dusted and we're not sure if we've done it since we moved here 4 years ago! I think it was done once. Oh, well. It's all sparkly clean now.

That's funny about the Amway drain cleaner. When they poured it into the styrofoam cup - all that means is that it won't dissolve styrofoam. Well, neither will Coca Cola, but we know how acidic that is. Anything with gas or oil type stuff will, tho. I found that out the hard way.

I find the washer gets funky if you don't leave the door open to let it dry out. I always stick a couple of paper towels in the gasket to soak up the leftover water and throw those out before I close it too. (Don't ask LIsa about the front loaders - she hates them! )

Evey...I consider sleeping after 6:30 to be sleeping in! Heck...6:00! Oh, that's a.m., not p.m.

Sandy, I used to buy the Amway detergent. I thought it worked great, but that was about 30 years ago.

Old 07-31-2011, 11:32 AM

12,981 posts, read 14,539,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomoresnow View Post
I don't like to do that ... and, klutz that I am, I would feel so bad if I broke one. So it's a team effort on that one.
I am SO going to use that! Just joking. I know what it's liketo be nervous around things like that.

After the big day yesterday, we went grocery shopping and then mh camehome, packed a bag and went out to spend the night on the boat and go for a ride today [or something...]. It's going to be hot hot hot here again, yuck.

I'm about to go do a quick workout, will be back.

Oh, here's a Reader's digest version of my Kirby story. We got the invite for the 'free carpet cleaning' and it was shortly after we'd moved in here. Well...heck, we moved EVERYTHING out of the living room so he could do the cleaning. It was in the kitchen, and wherever else. A friend of mine had an inkling of what we were about to experience, so she came over to, well, watch the show?

This guy was pushy as hell, and my spouse is a real and after a while, I was pretty much hiding in the kitchen. My buddy thought this was pretty hilarious, and I mean, she could have warned us! My husband told him GET OUT OF MY HOUSE, this kid says, I can't, my ride isn't here. Then mh's bff shows up, he's a great big dude, it just added to the overall mood. Live and learn.

And those poor Amway people, I hate to say it but it's so unfair to get people's hopes up that they're going to be making all kinds of money doing that.

edit to add I did 2 short workouts. One was a bellydancing workout-interesting, and a short "Natural Lift" workout, mainly upper body, lots of pushups. Other fun stuff like that. Pretty tough.

Last edited by fuzzymystic; 07-31-2011 at 12:54 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals