Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2010, 06:00 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,130,642 times

Advertisements

they are calling for another 96 degree day

oh joy right now the humidity is at 93% hmm do they add them together to get the feels like then yay then it should feel like 189

No breakfast out today I don't think I want to get looks should I go into a coughing fit

So not sure what we are going to do today probably movies
I do need to run to the drug store later

What fun things are you all doing so I can pretend along with you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2010, 06:42 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,270,731 times
Hi, there. Well, DH just left for a B&N run. Did NOT feel like going with him, so I'm staying home. Usually, if I'm home, I leave the garage door open, but I finally realized that my neighbor Millie only comes over and asks to borrow $$ if he's gone and I'm home alone, so I had him close the garage door when he left. She's borrowed twice from me and I hear she's been around the neighborhood this week looking again. Plus, rumor has it she hawked her wedding rings (diamonds) and has been asking to "borrow" other women's diamonds because her husband's been asking where her rings are. Now, give me a break. They've been married for 60+ years and he won't recognize her rings??? Anyhow, I don't want any part of it. I like her and all, but I'm no longer going to be a part of this. Besides, we're on fixed income too and, while we're living comfortably, we can't be handing out $$ like that. And the sem-annual lot rent is due July 1, which is a nice chunk. So I'm "hiding out" today. That's fine.

It's going to be another hot one here, too. We hit 97 yesterday. It's already 78, with a 90% humidity, making it feel like 84. So I will do very little today. I have a load of towels in the wash, but that'll be about it. For some reason, I feel the need to wash towels on Sundays! I guess it's from all those years of working and having chores to do on the weekend. I think I'll do some reading, watch some trash tv and go to the pool. Oh, I'm feeling ambitious, so I'll pull some 'sketti sauce out of the freezer and thaw that!

Have a great day, all. Karla, hope that trip to the drug store helps.

Hugs to you all.

Old 06-13-2010, 07:29 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,225,809 times
Karla, feel better!
Pattie, my goodness you have quite the mixture of neighbors! Does the neighbor's hubby realize she is borrowing money and pawning her expensive jewelry? Maybe he does not know the state of his finances???
I'm finishing up on the cleaning, laundry right now and clean sheets will be done shortly. Then off to pick up hubby at 1:00, glad it was a short trip. Lol, he stated that he did not need to have a beer for months to make up for the reception. His dad is still very weak but he did make it to the wedding, some of the reception and a little while at his grandson's b-day party yesterday. Bob sounded pretty worried about him, but shoot he had serious surgery and then pancreatitis also, so he is going to take some time recovering.
I've got a roast for dinner that will be hitting the crock pot shortly and that will be it. Cassy is just happy that I have not gone to work the last few mornings She is not used to being alone since hubby has been unemployed. Wonder what she will do once he gets a job?
Have a great day all and I am with the ranks of humidity=staying inside.

Old 06-13-2010, 08:32 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,244,197 times
Morning peeps!

It is Africa hot here. Our heat index is already 94. Ugh! We got a 10 minute rain yesterday that kicked the humidity up through the roof.

Shadow still has not eaten. She is MUCH brighter this morning. We took a fairly long walk and exercised half a dozen squirrels along the way. Normally she asks for breakfast when we get back from our walk, but she just went & laid down. Hopefully she will eat today. If not, well, she has an appointment at the vet tomorrow anyway.

Not much on my list today. I will plop on the couch in front of the race at 1:00.

Old 06-13-2010, 12:18 PM

Sandy, he has no idea. From what I understand, they have separate finances. She's in charge of certain things, he's in charge of others. I don't understand the deception and sneaking around just so she can keep up appearances. She does things like this: Last year, she had her entire yard re-sodded. Well, the guy who did the siding is her next door neighbor. Nice guy, not too bright, just does odd jobs around the community, so lawn care is not his expertise. Well, she had to resod because they had slugs. Now, this guy didn't do any treating after he pulled up the old sod, just went ahead and resodded. Well, this year, the grass is just as bad. She's going to pay him to redo it again. I keep telling her, it's just grass. What's the big deal? Everybody's lawn looks bad, just leave it be. Mind you, the houses here are all on leased land. We don't own it. I like to have a nice lawn, too, but c'mon. Oh, well...not my problem.

Old 06-13-2010, 01:41 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,539,160 times
If she had grubs she probably could get someone out to treat for that. Some people ARE picky about their lawns, that's the way they are. Maybe she just can't face the fact that down there it isn't gonna happen.

Today I did the boot camp cardio thing.

It's very hot here too, and muggy. Poor Billy's car broke down the other night. Died at a red light. Had to get the alternator replaced, for about 400 buckeroos.

Anyway, have a good rest of the Sunday everyone. Hope Shadow gets her appetite back soon.

Last edited by fuzzymystic; 06-13-2010 at 01:53 PM..

Old 06-13-2010, 04:07 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,348,336 times
Hi everyone.

I'm sitting around today mostly, doing some laundry and vegging out.

Hope the new drug works Karla.

Pattie, you have a strange neighbor. I wouldn't want to live that kind of life keeping up with everybody. Seems like she would get tired of that.

Glad Shadow is perking up and walking and will hopefully eat soon. Is she at least drinking something?

Old 06-13-2010, 05:37 PM

That's what she has - grubs, not slugs! Thanks, fuzzy. Sorry to hear about Billy's car. He hasn't had much good luck lately, has he?

Cheryl, if she isn't over it by now, she'll never get over it. Not at 80+.

The garage door worked. No visits!

Old 06-14-2010, 05:44 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,130,642 times
morning ladies
Wow seems like everyone is having "WTH it's not even summer why this heat" weather

We went to walgreens and they had their generic version of Zertic buy one get one free so I ended up with 60 for $14 I took one and it did not make me drowsy
it did seem to help especially with the cleaning fumes (lol don't ask)

We watched 3 movies
The men who stare at goats -I dozed off & on it really didn't hold my attention
It's complicated - Meryl Streep was terrific this was a very funny movie
The Lovely Bones - this was good I had my doubts at first but enjoyed it

Pattie I keep saying they need to make a reality show out of your neighbors

Well I better go and get my ? thread started before the ? peeps come looking for me

Back in a bit
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals