Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 04:19 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,183,280 times

Advertisements

Good morning ladies
Happy Sunday

Heading out to breakfast in about an hour I might even wear one of my new tops and a pair of the new shoes lol our friends might walk right by us because I am normally very casual for breakfast, jeans t-shirt hair in a ponytail not a bit of makeup
and of course because they are coming from church she always looks nice

then it will be home to mow I think I may do the mowing this week might sound weird but I miss the edging I do a nice crisp edge

We have those nasties that were causing problem in the mid southern states headed our way this afternoon
look
Jacksonville JustWeather.com | Jacksonville Weather | Home
click on statewide
so I am hoping to the yard done by noon

What is everyone doing today ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2010, 06:41 AM

Location: Finally made it to Florida and lovin' every minute!
22,677 posts, read 19,306,422 times
Stay safe, Karla.

We should get together. I have so many tops but my shorts are getting faded. Time for new ones, I think.

Off to Marty's in a few minutes for coffee, then back home. I think I'll hit the pool this afternoon for a bit. They're having a pool party, so I'll be able to get a hot dog or maybe even a brat. Their burgers aren't that great for some reason, so I'll stear clear of those. Other than that, it'll be a lazy day. 75 here already. Yesterday was the hottest day of the year so far - 87. I haven't turned on the A/C since DH left, but I may have to today. It's supposed to be rather humid, thanks to the storms Karla mentioned. We're supposed to see some rain tonight and tomorrow, but I don't think it's supposed to be very severe here.

Have a great day, all.

Old 04-25-2010, 07:32 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,238,835 times
It was not severe here, but it was around us. Lots of rain with this front and strong winds, stay safe friends.
Well we have Church, cleaning and laundry day today. Other than that nothing!
Hubby got a call yesterday from one of his friends at the old work and the crew is down to just 3 day work week, I think hubby got the best deal by being laid off. Think of it by the time they take taxes, insurance, dental, etc not much would be left of a three day work week. Too bad, but glad hubby got the lay off
Well must go and begin getting ready for Church. Have a great day all.

Old 04-25-2010, 08:33 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,292,607 times
Morning peeps!

Shadow & I have been for a nice long walk this morning. Later she will head to MIL's house with DH so I can watch the race in peace.

The weather is headed for us later this evening into tonight, but they are not calling for anything worse than 25 mph winds here. Now is is just humid and breezy.

Old 04-25-2010, 09:24 AM

Not only that, Sandy, but the lower wages would affect the unemployment checks if and when they do get laid off. Not a fun situation at all.

Evey, sounds like a good day for you.

Old 04-25-2010, 11:11 AM

17,833 posts, read 33,183,280 times
good afternoon my dear friends

Well he lawn is mowed edged & whacked this time I did it all whew I had forgotten the workout it is lol I think they can smell me across the street

The peach tree we put in last year didn't survive the freeze so I took it out and replaced it with one of the lemon trees I had in a pot

I finished everything just as the first raindrops started to fall

lol I came in expecting it to be around 4 pm imagine my surprise that it was only 1

Hubby is still in the woodshop he is making this really cool trivet from different kinds of wood
I think it is going to be a prototype for future ones made with exotic woods

Pattie how warm does it get in the house when it is 87 outside ?

When the inside hits 78 the A/C goes on especially if it is humid don't was to deal with any mold issues

I am so sweaty that a pool to jump into sounds great right about now do they serve adult beverages at the pool party ?

Evey I think it is so funny how shadow has play dates at grandmas on race day I take it hubby is not a fan or does he drop her off and come back to watch

Sandy I agree hubby got out of there in the nick of time do they think the company may close if they are down to a 3 day week
I never thought about it but pattie brought up a good point if the 3 day week goes on for weeks it will affect the unemployment

well lol the dogs won't come near me so I guess I better hit the shower
tonight I am making calzones I got some pizza dough & pizza sauce from our favorite pizza place so I am going to give it a try
Mine will be plain cheese but hubby got some pepperoni to add to his

Old 04-25-2010, 11:25 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,238,835 times
Yummy calzones sound great. We have left over bean soup! I might just pull out the bread maker and get a loaf of cheese bread going to go with it.
You are correct Pattie, I think the crew is a little worried about what the future holds but there is no printing jobs in AL. I keep telling him he came out the best.......
Well all cleaning and laundry calls, have a great day.

Old 04-25-2010, 12:25 PM

I think the house got up to 85 yesterday. According to the indoor/outdoor thermometer, it's currently 82 inside, 86 outside. But the sky is cloudy and there's a really nice breeze blowing, so it really doesn't feel that bad.

I just got back from the pool party. Last year, they built a tiki bar and the plan was to sell adult beverages on certain weekends, but they never did that this year. Just hot dogs, burgers and brats, chips, ice cream and sodas. So I had a brat, chips and a diet pepsi.

Calzones do sound good. But, then again, so does bean soup and cheese bread! Can ya tell I'm hungry???

Old 04-25-2010, 03:04 PM

8,189 posts, read 31,292,607 times
OMG you guys! I would die if it ever got to 78 in my house! Especially down here with the humidity. Thermostat is set at 68 and if it gets over 73 in the house the A/C goes on.

Karla, DH is not a sports fan. No sport of any kind.

Old 04-25-2010, 04:53 PM

I know, evey, but I moved down here for the warmth, and it really doesn't usually bother me unless I'm trying to do some housework in it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Exercise and Fitness > Daily Exercise Journals