Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2016, 04:54 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,738,469 times

Advertisements

I've done my share of eye doctor appts in my long life, 77 right now. I decided NOT to go to an eye doc for probably the last 6-7 yrs. My eyes have not changed, my reading and distance glasses still work good and I'm banking on my grape seed extract to keep my eyes healthy.

Is Grape Seed Extract Good for the Eyes? | Healthy Eating | SF Gate

I use a homeopathic eye drop daily and bought another product not long ago for cataract prevention. An eye doc told me years ago there was some cloudy film but so far I'm fine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2016, 03:46 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,738,469 times
My eye health continues to be fine for heading to 78....no eye doc appts either.

Old 05-24-2016, 07:49 AM

18,780 posts, read 18,130,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Barnes View Post
Humana !!!

We have Geisinger Gold. It is the little things that drive us nuts; like a $5 copay on lab work. We go for lab work and I will ask them several times if there is any copay and they tell me NO. Just a few weeks later I get a bill for the $5 copay. The next time I see them I will again insist that they have the $5 copay and they again insist that they don't!

I have to ask why we ever started this stupid copay system in the first place? I would rather just get billed a little more each month and have the insurance pay the whole bill.

In Monroe County PA Geisinger Gold scraped their PPO plans and now only offer the HMO's. So we are going through checking to make sure that all providers are in network, we have to have a current referral, and we have to call to make sure the provided services and physician will be covered. I just feel that the insurance is always looking for any excuse not to pay. I also do not understand how insurance companies can offer different plans in different counties even in the same state?

Old 05-24-2016, 10:46 AM

14,938 posts, read 12,136,035 times
Well, I hope the OP has his eye issues and general health under control despite his vicissitudes with the health system and insurance. I can sympathize with his sentiments there, but not going through that gauntlet might result in blindness, or worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals