Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2008, 03:48 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,621,282 times

Advertisements

Good morning! NCN had a cute little story in yesterday's thread so heres mine. So, the kids were off from school friday, yesterday, and today, so my husband and I decided to take them bowling yesterday...http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee109/jeannie216/bowl.gif (broken link)...It was the first time since my husband's knee surgery so he bowled very protective of his knee and didn't do very well the first game. So, thinking I was all that I made him a friendly wager I would also beat him the second game. Well, I guess he came to life and I lost. The kids wanted to know what our bet was but I couldn't tell them but I'm sure you ladies can figure it out. What a shame things have resorted to this. Then we went out to eat at, yes, Outback since it was right next store, so really was a nice day with the kids. Coffee with sugar in the raw and soymilk......have a great Tuesday everyone! http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee109/jeannie216/Tuesday.gif (broken link) Jeannie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2008, 06:21 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,387,901 times
Good afternoon Jeannie!
Bowling, oh it has been ages since I went last, hmmmm, let me count on 3rd of January with all the moms from my toddler group.

I really like bowling and sometimes I'm pretty good, sometimes not so good. And the bowling balls are always so heavy my arm's aching after a while.
And the next day my left thigh and a.. are sore from bending down and the arm from the throwing the balls.

Already went for a short walk today and ironed two baskets full of clothes. DS woke me up really early at 6:40 a.m. so he wasin bed for his nap at 11:40 already.

I also took a nap b/c I somewhere read that sleep uses a lot of calories lol, so I try to sleep a while every day after lunch. Maybe it works rofl

Chocolate milk for breakfast and a piece of flaky pastry on our walk.
Leftover pasta grating for lunch and I'll have another helping before I go to school.

Another of my fellow students had her birthday yesterday so we might expect cake in the evening hmmm, hopefully.

Old 02-19-2008, 08:27 AM

4,610 posts, read 11,102,781 times
I think I only have been bowling once. It looks like it could be fun though.

I had my usual breakfast. Now I'm debating if I should drive into Fort Worth to do some more shopping for the home or not. I hate the drive. It's a ticket trap and I got a ticket going there before.

Anyways, Have a great day everyone!!!!

Old 02-19-2008, 09:33 AM

72,418 posts, read 18,203,422 times
Good Morning! Bowling? not since I was a child!

soymilk
scrambled eggs and muffins

it's 8:30 just got up. I guess I am tired. and it's raining

Old 02-19-2008, 10:42 AM

oatmeal with fresh blueberries
water with lemon
supplements
banana
fresh pineapple
green salad with broccoli, corn, beans, and chicken salad with balsamic

Old 02-19-2008, 09:55 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
Yeah, Jeannie, I can guess.
I remember going bowling with my sister years ago. I accidently threw the ball backwards and I was so embarassed I would never pick up another one until a friend talked me into taking bowling lessons. After the lessons the bowling lanes had a Mother's Morning Out League. To even up the scores we had handicaps. My average was 120 by the end of the second part of the split season, but I was bowling much better by then. So was my friend, so our team won the second season and we had a playoff with the winners of the first season. We were not expected to win. One of the girls on the other league tried to upset us. An upset bowler doesn't usually bowl very well. I thought, "You are not going to do this to me," and concentrated on each ball and bowled a 208. I had never bowled over 200 before that. We won the trophy for the year.

Fast forward to this year. Saturday our granddaughters basketball team won the season playoffs. They were the last seeded team. My daughter said she was expecting to go to one game and come home and study. She said that our granddaughter walked into the gymn and saw the trophy and decided she wanted it. The first game she scored almost every point. She had a terrific second game and her team won the third game. She was upset because she had not scored more in the winning game. My daughter said she played her heart out in each game and she said if there had been a most vauable player she would have been it. She said although she had not scored so much in the third game, she had gotten many rebounds and she was about the only player on the team that could successfully get the ball down the court without losing it.

Yep, granddaughter has a little bit of grandma in her.

I pruned and ate today. Prunning is a very physical undertaking.

I got up too late to post this morning. Dh starts work at 12 Noon in our computer room.
Did you pay up, Jeannie. LOL

Old 02-19-2008, 10:35 PM

no. got a raincheck. Now, your granddaughter is my son's age, I believe? The one thing I notice with the kids with talent at this age are the ones that aren't afraid and are more aggressive. Sounds like your granddaughter. My sons has his moments but has not taken advantage of his size and weight yet, still somewhat intimidated. He is almost 5 ft and weights about 128 lbs. If and when he begins to use his size, he really will be quite good.

Last edited by jeannie216; 02-19-2008 at 10:45 PM..

Old 02-19-2008, 10:56 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeannie216 View Post
no. got a raincheck. Now, your granddaughter is my son's age, I believe? The one thing I notice with the kids with talent at this age are the ones that aren't afraid and are more aggressive. Sounds like your granddaughter. My sons has his moments but has not taken advantage of his size and weight yet, still somewhat intimated. He is almost 5 ft and weights about 128 lbs. If and when he begins to use his size, he really will be quite good.
Yes. I believe she is a little older than your son. She is twelve now. Chip off two blocks. Both parents are very assertive. I used to worry that they would intimidate her. She is very confident. More than my children ever were.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals