Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2009, 06:07 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,625,629 times

Advertisements

Good morning! Since we have such a lively bunch lately, I wanted to start a Sunday thread today. A beautiful, sunny morning in good ole NC at the moment. Coffee with sugar in the raw and soymilk so far......have a very peaceful Sunday all! Jeannie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2009, 06:28 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,865,204 times
Good morning Jeannie-I was thinking the same thing this morning.

Beautiful here but about 50 and maybe well needed rain this afternoon-I hope. Some areas had frost!

Norm breakfast-yog/fruit.

Lunch-I'm craving avocado and cottage cheese.

Dinner-sticky chicken wings I've been marinating 2 days, rice, zucchini.

Painter and Barb-one day at a time-low and slow is how you want to go.

NCN-hurry and get on that book.

Old 05-31-2009, 08:15 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,415,796 times
Good morning ladies. Wow Jeannie and Judi so glad you see sun. Rain here which is never fun.

I bought a bunch of strawberries yesterday so it looks like strawberries and pancakes for breakfast.

Leftover something for lunch.

Eggplant Parm for dinner.

Judi- The wings sound great.

Old 05-31-2009, 08:39 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,865,204 times
Lisa-eggplant parm-I love it, Mr. L not so.

Lord are you getting rain-send it here.

Old 05-31-2009, 09:31 AM

72,427 posts, read 18,210,652 times
Happy Saturday everyone! Nice to see everyone trying to be healthy!

Abnormal cool temps here in California,just around 70's which is wonderful. We need the rain from you.

Avocado is great to have,I need to get those.

Having 2 boiled eggs and coffee this morning

Old 05-31-2009, 09:54 AM

oatmeal with sliced banana and soymilk
water with lemons
supplements

Old 05-31-2009, 10:52 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,391,732 times
Hi ladies! Just a quick check in before we're off and running to a bbq with friends. At the moments it's pouring outside so I guess only the smokers will be grilling the meat and we non-smokers can sit inside infront of the fireplace and wait for the food to get ready lol

Busy morning today. We had my parents and grandparents over for lunch so I made a 3-course Sunday-lunch.
1st course - Greek salad (tomatoe, cucumber, feta cheese, onion rings, pepperonis, chili peppers, olives and a white wine vinegar dressing)
2nd course - minute steaks topped with bacon and mozzarella cheese in a chickenbroth/tomatoe sauce along with vermicelli nests
dessert - ice cream

Only had a bit of everything but I guess the bbq will be the death of my dieting today. Well, there's always a tomorrow *g*

I already prepared a pasta salad and a dip for bread made of sour cream, fried bacon cubes and some salt and pepper.
I also have a roll of flaky pastry in the fridge which is stuffed with feta cheese / sour cream / salami cubes / bacon cubes and lots of herbs. It only has to be cut into fingerthick slices and put in the oven for about 25 mins.
See - no dieting will be possible tonight hehe

Okay, off to at least comb my hair before we go lol
Enjoy your Sunday

Old 05-31-2009, 11:24 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,279,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguel's mom View Post
Hi ladies! Just a quick check in before we're off and running to a bbq with friends. At the moments it's pouring outside so I guess only the smokers will be grilling the meat and we non-smokers can sit inside infront of the fireplace and wait for the food to get ready lol

Busy morning today. We had my parents and grandparents over for lunch so I made a 3-course Sunday-lunch.
1st course - Greek salad (tomatoe, cucumber, feta cheese, onion rings, pepperonis, chili peppers, olives and a white wine vinegar dressing)
2nd course - minute steaks topped with bacon and mozzarella cheese in a chickenbroth/tomatoe sauce along with vermicelli nests
dessert - ice cream

Only had a bit of everything but I guess the bbq will be the death of my dieting today. Well, there's always a tomorrow *g*

I already prepared a pasta salad and a dip for bread made of sour cream, fried bacon cubes and some salt and pepper.
I also have a roll of flaky pastry in the fridge which is stuffed with feta cheese / sour cream / salami cubes / bacon cubes and lots of herbs. It only has to be cut into fingerthick slices and put in the oven for about 25 mins.
See - no dieting will be possible tonight hehe

Okay, off to at least comb my hair before we go lol
Enjoy your Sunday
Diana, you have made me extremely hungry..what are fried bacon cubes? sheesh that sounds wonderful..and the feta cheese pastry, yum..enjoy!

Old 05-31-2009, 11:25 AM

8,545 posts, read 10,279,114 times
Good morning ladies!

So far this morning:
coffee, 2 cups
graham cracker
bowl of shredded wheat with 1% milk.

We have a refrigerator full that I need to use up this week so who knows what I'll be eating, will try to make it healthy..

later!

Old 05-31-2009, 05:28 PM

lunch...

vanilla yogurt with flaxseed and Grapenuts

dinner...

baked chicken pieces
ginger ale

probably will make some organic popcorn later.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals