Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 04:51 AM

7,573 posts, read 10,618,513 times

Advertisements

...just until after the games today. Good morning! A rainy forecast ahead today with a soccer game this morning and a football game in the evening. Humm... So, whats on your schedule for today? Coffee with sugar in the raw and soymilk.... Oh, I have started my annual tight, barky cough that usually turns into bronchitis. Any hot advice as how to loosen the cough before it does get worse? So far I was told to drink lemon juice mixed with honey. I'll take any and all advice. Happy Saturday! Jeannie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2009, 07:22 AM

20,548 posts, read 30,387,300 times
Good morning all. It's cool and rainy today. Double yuck, lol. I will take the cool over the heat but I'm pretty darned tired of the rain, lol.

jeannie I am so sorry hear you are not feeling well. I only know about the tea, honey, and lemon formula. Maybe some lozenges?

I made some new recipes yesterday. First I made clam balls which was supposed to be like stuffed baked clams. They tasted like spicy stuffing. Then I made baked tortillas so I could have guilt free chips and salsa. They weren't great but I enjoyed some with salsa. I took whole wheat tortillas and cut them into triangles. Sprayed with an olive oil spray and baked about 15 minutes. I think they might need some salt, lol.
Then I made a veggie and white bean burger. Yum. Now those I really liked. I made 5 and froze them.

B- Oatmeal
L- Chicken and veggies
D- White bean and veggie burger. I might have some pumpkin soup with that if I make it.

Snack- Chips and salsa.

Does anyone have a healthy recipe for banana bread or muffins? I need to use up some extra bananas this weekend.

Old 09-26-2009, 08:53 AM

3,927 posts, read 8,666,797 times
Morning everyone.

Still raining here as well. I am so sick of all this rain, it's been raining almost all month here!!!

Lisa, I don't have any recipes for banana bread, sorry.

Jeannie, my boys have been sick with that and find gargling with salt water seems to help. Also, do you have allergies? or nasal drainage? Stopping the drainage seemed to help them as well. I also take the Vicks Vapo Steam made for steam humidifiers and pour a bit into a simmering pot on the stove. It really seems to help us when we start getting sick. I do not get good results by putting in in the humidifier in the living room as it is so large of an area, and the simmering pot seems to work best. Just, if you do this, make sure it does not boil dry as the smell is horrid!!!

I have left overs in the fridge, am going to try to make some soup with some of the meat...a good day for it for sure. If so, that will be dinner and lunch.

have a great day guys....

Oh, and dear son came in 2nd alternate....He was a cutie pie, they all were, and dang it, I still didn't get a good tux pic...oh well... here is one

So far this morning, I've had coffee while watching it rain. Oh dear, I don't know how to make it smaller!

Old 09-26-2009, 09:16 AM

1,678 posts, read 2,545,891 times
Good morning ladies....wish we'd get some of your rain...it was 103.5 here yesterday...again!

Jeannie...sorry you're not feeling well...try the lemon juice and honey...that's what my grandma always used!

Lisa...I'll look in my WW cookbook for you to see if there are any recipes there for banana bread. Your veggie/white bean burgers sound good...we had Boca Burgers yesterday for dinner...I love that kind of stuff, because once you put on the pickles and lettuce, I can't tell the difference! I've also done the baked tortillas with salsa...they are a good substitute for the fried.

aiangel...your son looks so cute...I know you were proud of him!

Izzy...Yay to In-n-Out...love their cheeseburgers with grilled onions...did you know you can get one wrapped in lettuce and no bun?

So far this morning I've had my coffee...hubby is taking me to the Mall to have lunch out on the patio...will either have another 1/2 Subway Sandwich or a Chipotle soft chicken taco...dinner...???

Have a nice Saturday girls!

Old 09-26-2009, 09:17 AM

72,412 posts, read 18,199,076 times
Good morning everyone! real warm here still over 95 with no rain.

Aiangel Thanks for sharing the pictures! He is a cutie! Nice!

YL you are so creative! as long as it satisfied your cravings!

Having some oat meal this morning,I am going to a few parties,I will report later.

Carmac really? I didn't know that,next time I will try one with lettuce wrapped.

Old 09-26-2009, 09:35 AM

28,227 posts, read 21,847,106 times
Good Sat morn all-so sorry some of you are still getting rain. Cool and sunny here.

Sorry Lisa-don't bake, cook yes,bake-nope.

Breakfast-low fat van yog with grape nuts sprinkled and fruit, coffee.
Lunch-out I think
Dinner-linguine and white clam sauce that I didn't make yesterday.

We're to get pretty cool tomorrow and early week so I have all the makings for a beef stew.

Just swept the front porch-yuck this time of year with all the dang spiders building while we were away.

AiAngel-he's going to be a heartbreaker-so very handsome.

Old 09-26-2009, 11:30 AM
NCN

21,662 posts, read 25,623,824 times
Good morning ladies. I was wondering if we would be eating anything today before going grocery shopping. I mostly eat from the freezor and our electricity went off at 7:08 last night and they did not get it fixed until 9:30 this morning. Ice was still frozen in the freezor, but I will be cooking the food we eat very thoroughly before we eat it, but then I always do.

Lacey, it is about time for your weather to be better than ours. You deserve it, enjoy. Me? I will just keep blowing and coughing and I know why. I am allergic to mold and I am sure the mold spores are having a party. I just emptied out the Lysol spray. Time to go shopping or I will just plug in the ionizer.

Have a happy food day.

Never mind the tux, I love that hair and he is one more handsome young man. I said hunk first, but I was afraid it might mean something I don't know about at other places. Oh, youth is so wasted on the young, but we parents and grandparents can enjoy watching all that energy.

Old 09-26-2009, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post
Oh dear, I don't know how to make it smaller!
aiangel...I have the same problem...when I added a picture to my profile I was shocked that it was soooooo big!!

Breakfast was going to be an eggo strawberry waffle, but when I took the box out of the fridge they were moldy!! Oh yuck! So I ate a 'Curves' chewy granola bar (1pt).

Hi NCN...glad to see you here!

Later...

Old 09-26-2009, 12:37 PM

28,227 posts, read 21,847,106 times
Hate when that happens NCN but I'm sure everything stayed well frozen if you still had ice.

We went out for lunch and I had the best chicken ranch wrap I've ever had. Even Mr. L's huge burger and fries didn't tempt me.

Old 09-26-2009, 05:33 PM

Hey all...never did get Subway for lunch. Our daughter came by to visit and her and I ended up going to Chipotle Mexican Grill and I got a Chicken Bowl, of which I ate about 1/3...

Dinner will be some Healthy Choice turkey, 2% cheese and avacado on a whole wheat tortilla (0 pt.!). Maybe a pkg. of 100 Calorie Sun Chips. But definately a low fat ice cream cone for a snack this evening while watching our last episode of "McCloud" with Dennis Weaver...we rented the series from Netflix.

Everyone enjoy your Sunday...see y'all on Monday!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Daily Journals