Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 08:39 PM

827 posts, read 1,672,186 times

Advertisements

Dallas Texas County Street Gangs Read upon this for those who want the info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2011, 10:08 AM

1,257 posts, read 2,534,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxCar Willie View Post
Dallas Texas County Street Gangs Read upon this for those who want the info.

"Check-a-hoe Crips" and "Slap-a-b**** Bloods"?

Maybe it's time we just blow this whole thing up and start over.

Old 08-23-2011, 10:19 AM

2,482 posts, read 6,530,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarenceBodiker View Post
"Check-a-hoe Crips" and "Slap-a-b**** Bloods"?

Maybe it's time we just blow this whole thing up and start over.
It's a crock of crap...if you ask me. It's some bad seeds that ruin it for any partitular city. Bunch of wannabes that need to actually get a life and grow up and get honest paying jobs or an education.

Old 08-23-2011, 10:35 AM

2,206 posts, read 4,746,122 times
Dallas is actually pretty safe. And once you get North of 635, most of the crime is car theft or car break ins.

However, back on topic - this is as bad as it gets. Violence in Mexico spilling over into Texas. It has not seen a repeat since.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/dalla...-shooting.html

The chase and machine gun fire then went into downtown Richardson and the Richardson police stopped the pursuit due to the danger to the general public.

This was a game changer for many of the police departments in the suburbs of Dallas. Not only are the police now heavily armed, but the police work very closely with each other and the FBI.

Major sweeps are made on a regular basis and there are active task forces.

Old 08-23-2011, 03:57 PM

1,487 posts, read 1,706,810 times
I'm wondering about the genocides in Africa...our problems with gangs is moot, since "gangs" have been in existence for quite sometime...I have trouble fathoming, they'll ever be eradicated.

Old 08-24-2011, 12:25 AM

29 posts, read 45,480 times
Being that I went to high school in Mansfield and mother living in south Arlington, I can tell you this: Gangs and violent crime in general are rare in south Arlington and Mansfield. Street racing has long been our number one problem. (I almost got caught up in it myself) Only until recently, (after Katrina) did we notice our neighborhood starting to have some "issues" with destructive or violent crime. But again that is rare.

Old 11-30-2012, 07:14 PM

1 posts, read 1,798 times
are there any gangs in hurst, north richland hills, keller, or bedford?

Old 11-30-2012, 07:22 PM

11,853 posts, read 26,858,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katz4lyf View Post
are there any gangs in hurst, north richland hills, keller, or bedford?
Not that I'm aware of. Those are pretty nice, quiet suburbs.

Old 03-08-2013, 04:24 PM

1 posts, read 1,624 times
Heres what you dont know. Irving "Crooked I" Texas,, is full of gang members but in Irving, theres respect to the citizens, we dont perform random acts of voilence. If you wanna live in Irving,,, Dont ever honk at anyone, Dont be rude, dont snitch or call the cops when u see things happen and everythign will be just fine. Ur totoally safe in Las colinas and Valley ranch, both ares north of and associated with Irving. South/ central Irving has a MAST variety of gangs. Main ones include but not excluded to; Surenos, Northside, MS, And Different Crip and Blood Cliques. Enjoy a fear free life in irving jsut dont mess up or disrespect, cuz in Irving, we get down. Thank you.

Old 03-08-2013, 04:39 PM

19,778 posts, read 18,060,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justme02 View Post
I believe that there are a bunch of Asian gangs operating in the burbs. The Viet gangs are more prominent Garland and Arlington. There are Lao and Khmer gangs to the east of Dallas. With the huge Chinese community in Plano, I would be amazed if there werent some Chinese gang activity there.

However Asian gangs tend to target their own people as opposed outsiders.

There are Hispanic gangs everywhere in DFW. That went without saying.
We have a huge problem in parts of Dallas, generally south of I-30, with Asian gangs strong-arming business for protection money - "pay us or we'll burn your business down" kind of stuff.

Plano has Latino gangs for certain. In 2003 (IIRC) a Latino gang from East Plano, according to the police, tagged a small portion of our brick fence. I called the PD - they said we'll get a crew over there ASAP to remove the paint - gang logic is if you leave the paint up that area becomes part of their territory. I wasn't waiting at all for any Plano city crew. I rented a soda blaster from HD and strapped on my model 19 Smith & Wesson .357 - open carry on my property - and started blasting. The paint was gone in less than 2 hours. I don't know but certainly suspect the young Latino men driving by in crapped out old beaters were the taggers. Anyway we were never tagged again and we never had any related issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas