Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 05:56 AM

3,035 posts, read 14,432,399 times

Advertisements

Mckinney finished with 2 High Schools in the top 200 or so in America:

America's Top Public High Schools - Newsweek America's Best High Schools - MSNBC.com (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18757087/site/newsweek/ - broken link)

McKinney Independent School District (http://www.mckinneyisd.net/departments/communications/pressroom/index.cfm?newsID=208 - broken link)

It's definitely more likely also that a school that has been around for many decades will have more merit scholars than one that is just a few years old.

You need to see through the insane amount of burb bashing that is now common here on the boards and make your own decisions. At this point, I think the information here is becoming less and less useful by the day....

As for Plano, Mckinney, Frisco and Allen, all 4 have great schools and so-so schools as there is no district that has excellent schools across the board. The definite knock I have on Allen is the sheer size of the High School. I seriously think they just need to break down a build another one. It's a good school yes, but your kids may get lost in there as it is the size of a UT campus. Also, East Allen and West Allen schools are very different at the Elementary level, as is East vs. West Plano, Frisco and Mckinney. Just do your research and visit the schools in person, you'll see what I mean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2007, 01:20 PM

2 posts, read 3,038 times
I went to school in Plano as well as other districts in DFW. Plano definately had the best curriculum, AP programs and athletics, as well as extra curricular stuff. I moved back here to raise my children. Allen has one huge mega highcshool, so I think that lowers your chances for making a team or club. I've always been very happy with the quality of Plano teachers. I feel it (PISD) has the right amount of competition. Perhaps if you have a child struggling though, it might be a small enough environment to go at the right pace for them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas