Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2007, 12:31 AM

77 posts, read 238,339 times

Advertisements

Hi, my husband is either getting transferred to Dallas or another city. Will know soon which one. He would be working ten hour days so we don't want his commute to be more then 45 min. Is there anything with land within that drive time? Maybe I should say miles because the commute will vary on what shift he gets. I'm guessing 30-35 miles? We do not want to live in a neighborhood. We would love 5 or more acres. Any ideas? The most important issues for us is privacy and trees. Need shade in Texas.
TIA

Oh...Someone mentioned Flower Mound as being rural. Does anyone know if there is land there, not in a neighborhood?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2007, 08:09 AM

990 posts, read 2,303,765 times
The only problem would be living that close to Las Colinas, there will be neighborhoods everywhere. And if there aren't they will reach that area in the next 5 years.

Old 07-03-2007, 08:30 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,882,290 times
Flower Mound is NOT rural at all. There are a few of the large estates on acreaage but most people in FM live in subdivisions on typical subdivision lots. There are SOME areas to the north and west of Flower Mound that still have acreage and not all the subdivisions - Justin, Cooper Canyon, etc. Is your husband going to be working around Las Colinas or in downtown Dallas? If he is going to be out towards Las Colinas and the airport then I'd recommend staying out on that side of the metroplex. Look out around Alliance Airport although traffic can be tough and that whole area is growing. If he is going to be downtown then I'd suggest going to the east side of the metroplex out to Rockwall County and try Royce City & Fate. These are WAY more "rural" feel than anything in Flower Mound and you can find acreage.

Old 07-03-2007, 11:30 AM

77 posts, read 238,339 times
Thanks again momof2dfw! Your replies are so helpful. (although a little dramatic...LOL...I'm talking about the one where you reply why you love Texas so much and every grain of sand in it! )I've been wanting to read that one to my husband, I just couldn't get it across when trying to express in my words what you said! It was too funny! I mean that in a good sense...
Life is so crazy right now, and that 's not including this move that is suppose to happen in a little over a month,...still no idea if it's KC or big D. Your answer is a nice voice of calm in this storm I find myself in! BTW...we could use some goats here in Houston too. Rain, rain, and more rain

Old 07-04-2007, 06:33 PM

1,383 posts, read 3,433,976 times
Try Decatur. It's GROWING FAST but still has a lot of open acreage that hasn't been developed but will be soon. There is a lot of new subdivisions and neighborhoods but there is also a lot of places where you caould have a house and many acres by itself. Its about a 25-30 minute drive to Fort Worth and roughly 45 minutes to Dallas(maybe a little more...depends on what time of the day it is with traffic and everything.) There is a TON of people that live in Decatur and commute to Dallas and Fort Worth everyday and I am also one of them. I commute everyday to downtown Dallas and the drive really isnt that bad at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas