Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 01:40 PM

59 posts, read 222,586 times

Advertisements

I was just reading a post about the illegal immigrants over in Houston, Tx. I do know this goes on in many parts of the country, however I was hoping that maybe it was not as bad in Dallas, let alone Houston. Here in California, the problem is totally out of control here.
Have a Good Day!

Old 01-08-2007, 05:48 PM

1,067 posts, read 5,655,098 times
Yes we have a huge influx of illegal immigrants. I have not been to California to know if it is worse here than there but I will tell locally, I see them all the time being used not only in business's but by the city. The mayor where I live has said they only want to feed their families. As a result I see many companies that subcontract out with our city using illegal on road crews or at least I percieve it to be. They don't speak english. They have a system too where it is easy to get fake working papers on the street and I was so shocked to see how legal they looked. Lately it has been all a buzz with the demonstrations that went on a few months back and with now Farmers Branch making it against the law for landlords to rent to illegal aliens.

Old 01-08-2007, 05:51 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times
There are some pockets that attract them but it is only pretty much in these areas. You don't see them EVERYWHERE in the Dallas area. Even in areas that have apartments it is only going to be in the lower end apartments closer to lots of buses and easy to walk to the ethnic stores that they concentrate. You could practically insulate yourself if you so chose to and never even notice them.

Old 01-08-2007, 06:05 PM

431 posts, read 393,821 times
Yes, Dallas is FULL of Illegals! I'm from there ~ lived there for YEARS and still work in Dallas at least once a month. Illegals are a huge problem, as they are in any city. You will find them working everywhere, living in every suburb. You can not insulate or isolate yourself from them completely ~ unless you live in a castle surrounded by a moat.

Old 01-08-2007, 09:09 PM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannie View Post
Yes, Dallas is FULL of Illegals! I'm from there ~ lived there for YEARS and still work in Dallas at least once a month. Illegals are a huge problem, as they are in any city. You will find them working everywhere, living in every suburb. You can not insulate or isolate yourself from them completely ~ unless you live in a castle surrounded by a moat.
I have to disagree w/ this 100%. I'm a native and been here for over 40 years. They do NOT live in neighborhood in every suburb. They don' work "everywhere" either. Being an employer we DO NOT hire illegals at all. Shopping at my neighborhood SuperTarget I do not run into people that can only speak Spanish shopping there or working there. I think this poster has blown it completely out of proportion.

Old 01-08-2007, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
I have to disagree w/ this 100%. I'm a native and been here for over 40 years. They do NOT live in neighborhood in every suburb. They don' work "everywhere" either. Being an employer we DO NOT hire illegals at all. Shopping at my neighborhood SuperTarget I do not run into people that can only speak Spanish shopping there or working there. I think this poster has blown it completely out of proportion.
No, "this poster" hasn't blown it completely out of proportion. And the first poster, stargazer agrees with me. I'm native, too. Born and raised. Live and work in both Dallas and San Francisco - and the question was whether or not Dallas had a large influx of Illegals. Yes, we do. Because you don't see them at your local Super-Target does not really qualify as illegals being here or not.

You employ truck drivers. I'm not sure you'd get too many calls for illegal hispanic women to do that job. They are, however, in every restaurant whether you see them or not, in every store whether you see them or not - possibly you should look at your neighbor just north, Farmer's Branch. It's so bad there the town is fighting back and winning against these illegals. And they are winning. The only thing that seperates Dallas from Farmer's Branch is 635. Ever go down to Oak Cliff? Ever go into East Dallas? Ever drive up to Carrollton? Or Irving? Or downtown Dallas?? Hispanic labor moves it.

Old 01-08-2007, 10:50 PM

3,035 posts, read 14,432,399 times
In CA illegals live in the canyons and under bridges.

Here, we have niether.

Old 01-09-2007, 07:27 AM

1,560 posts, read 7,146,916 times
But we do have overpasses and I've seen some people (but I can't atest to their ethnicity) appearantly living under the Hwy 75 overpass over I-35.

Old 01-09-2007, 07:38 AM

5,641 posts, read 24,955,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
You could practically insulate yourself if you so chose to and never even notice them.
Maybe you can but not if you drive in Dallas. My family has been affected in three incidents of traffic accidents where the other party had no license, no insurance, and spoke no English. In two cases they ran before the police showed.

It seems to me there has been a huge influx of illegal immigrants in the last ten years, with some neighborhoods overwhelmed. Since I am not asking for papers I cannot tell you they are all illegal, but that is the suspicion.

Old 01-09-2007, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdelena View Post
Maybe you can but not if you drive in Dallas. My family has been affected in three incidents of traffic accidents where the other party had no license, no insurance, and spoke no English. In two cases they ran before the police showed.

It seems to me there has been a huge influx of illegal immigrants in the last ten years, with some neighborhoods overwhelmed. Since I am not asking for papers I cannot tell you they are all illegal, but that is the suspicion.
~~~~~
Exactly....and the number increases every day. In Dallas and here in SF and in EVERY city across America. It was surprising to see a post stating that Dallas doesn't have an illegal problem! Just amazing....some people live in a state of denial about illegal immigration; hoping it will go away, I suppose. Even if you can afford to live in an exclusive neighborhood, gated and made up of Anglo's, illegals are still there doing those people's yard work, providing their nanny care and cleaning their homes. (But those are the "good" illegals because the rich whites are benefiting from them..)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas