Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 09:46 AM

198 posts, read 502,264 times

Advertisements

Is there any reason why dog folks like to walk their dogs without a leash??? It drives me nuts when people do that....I dont care if your dog "is a good dog...he doesnt bite...he is well trained.." look leash your dang dog people....and dont you dare let them poop in my yard in fact anyone know where I can get a sign that I put on my front lawn that says just that????

Rant over. That is all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2011, 10:14 AM

428 posts, read 1,396,697 times
Amen!

Old 07-13-2011, 10:37 AM

2,017 posts, read 3,523,881 times
It's most likely against the law to have a dog unleashed where you live. You can politely remind they owner they are breaking the law. IMO pooping on your lawn is OK, as long as the owner cleans it up. So annoying when people can't be responsible for their pets.

Old 07-13-2011, 11:28 AM

17 posts, read 29,729 times
This should do the trick.

(Disclaimer: Some of the Signs With An Attitude may be a little shocking or offensive to some people with NO sense of humour.)

Lawn Signs With An Attitude, NO Pooping, no peeing, keep dogs of lawn

Old 07-13-2011, 11:42 AM

256 posts, read 448,454 times
Dogs will squat and poop when they feel the need. You can't drag them off someone's grass mid-poop, but you can and should carry a plastic bag. I would never leave poop in someone's yard.

Old 07-13-2011, 11:47 AM

51 posts, read 105,122 times
Some new neighbors moved in next-door to our house in Willow Bend in Plano about a year ago. They would let their three (3) huge dogs out the front door and they would run over to our yard and unload their huge piles of poop. One day I got an old spatula (that I afterwards threw away) and scooped up all the numerous piles and put them in a box along with a nasty note telling them not to allow their dogs to use our yard as their toilet. I left the box of !@#% on their doorstep. The lady responded a few days later with an equally nasty note, admonishing my method of informing her of the problem, saying she was unaware of the dogs pooping in our yard and their gate was broken so they were just getting out of their yard accidentally. Yeah, right...a few days later we witnessed her standing in front of her house with the three dogs running loose and squatting in our yard. We had our house up for sale and had moved out, but just happened to catch her in the act one morning when we drove up. Unfortunately we realized we had little choice but to tolerate the problem until we could get our house sold. We finally sold it a few weeks ago and actually, the offending neighbors have already moved away also, so our buyers don't have to deal with the problem. But it's neighbors like that that make you hate living in a neighborhood!!

Old 07-13-2011, 12:41 PM

621 posts, read 1,333,550 times
Dogs that are not on a leash should be reported. And I do report. I never take my pets out without a leash

Old 07-13-2011, 01:27 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
people who do let them walk w/o a leash operate under two delusions--
1--their dog would NEVER act out and bite/hurt someone else so they don't require a leash to protect others
2--they don't have to obey the law which normally reguires ALL/ANY dog outside a fenced enclosure to be under leash

sometimes their dogs don't operate well when on a leash--they don't like to walk at certain pace or keep to the side of the owner--they want to be "free" to run around

but the ciy sidewalk is NOT a doggie park--

if I am out and have my phone--and this person is KNOWN to do this persistantly--I will call the city animal control and report there is dog running loose in my neighborhood--
that would get them to come out vs--someone is walking a dog off leash

also if you have a phone with camera--take a video of the person breaking the law--to save for reporting them to police--
citation can be issued

Old 07-13-2011, 02:01 PM

409 posts, read 873,891 times
I am guilty of it, once. I let her go out the front door off leash last winter when we had that ice storm. After being stuck in the house for about a week I figured I let her out to run around and stretch her legs. Figured it would be safe since no one will be outside with all of that ice on the sidewalks and road. So of course someone a couple of houses down picked that monent to start shoveling his driveway. I could have called her back in but I thought, ahhh she not going to bother him. She didn't but it was the wrong thing to do I know.

Old 07-13-2011, 02:55 PM

346 posts, read 498,381 times
At the complex where my brother & sister in law live, this is becoming a real problem. So many people letting their dogs off a leash. I saw more than one dead dog on the side of the highways when I visited- it broke my heart. Not only that, but the dogs off leash often get into fights with my SIL's dog when she's out with her...seriously? That's a lawsuit waiting to happen- big trouble for the owner and the complex.

Not to mention the dog poop they leave behind...is it really so hard to take a plastic bag with you, scoop it up and chuck it in the trash?

This upsets me because apartments in TX are way more lenient about allowing dogs than where I live in NY- boy, do I wish! Some people don't appreciate the good thing they have. Those rules get changed when too many people don't follow rules and wreck it for everyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas