Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 11:27 PM

2,674 posts, read 4,398,783 times

Advertisements

Locations are mostly Uptown

Sfuzzi
Eddie V's
E-fitness Uptown
Nick and Sam's Grill
The Ritz
Teddy's
Lamborghini of Dallas (your dad own's a Porsche dealership and you drive a Cayman?)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2011, 03:27 AM

161 posts, read 385,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganongrey View Post
Lamborghini of Dallas (your dad own's a Porsche dealership and you drive a Cayman?)
Didn't he also say he can't drive a manual? How can you be a die hard auto enthusiast and not know how to drive a manual.

Old 08-27-2011, 09:21 AM

931 posts, read 2,137,658 times
Quote:
Locations are mostly Uptown

Sfuzzi
Eddie V's
E-fitness Uptown
Nick and Sam's Grill
The Ritz
Teddy's
Funny that guy is from New Jersey. I watch the show cause not much on end of summer and I can grab it on TIVO. I knew George Nordgren back in the day Matt's Dad.

Old 08-27-2011, 09:30 PM

23 posts, read 37,185 times
So glad to hear that the show doesn't represent the "true" Dallas...this premiered the day I found out I was being transferred to Dallas and I was worried after I saw the first episode!

Old 08-28-2011, 10:03 AM

Actually, I think the show represents a true subset of Dallas in a certain place (Uptown) in a certain point in life (20's, no kids). It's just a distillation of the entire Uptown scene made nice and pretty with editing and graphic transitions.

Now a real housewives of Park Cities would be interesting. Or Armstrong wives... Although I'd think most would be too classy to garner huge ratings and get cancelled like the DC series. Could cause conflict by making one of the women a die-hard liberal originally from the east coast or Druish...

Old 08-28-2011, 10:55 AM

436 posts, read 1,349,623 times
Does anyone think that Matt's dad looks like Randy Galloway? Finally watched the 8/22 episode and that's the first thing I thought.

I find it's better to read the Observer and D Magazine summaries before I watch the show -- much more palatable when I know what's going to happen.

Old 08-28-2011, 12:13 PM

13,194 posts, read 28,339,386 times
Quote:
Actually, I think the show represents a true subset of Dallas in a certain place (Uptown) in a certain point in life (20's, no kids). It's just a distillation of the entire Uptown scene made nice and pretty with editing and graphic transitions.
I agree. I thought the first two episodes were pretty spot-on for that "bubble" in Dallas. The guys don't want to grow up, have money, and can act like Matt does because the girls let them. The girls are either 1) desperate to get married (Courtney) or 2) slutty clones (the sparkly dress/ fake boob entourage Matt invited to Teddy's Room) who keep the playboys entertained.

Old 08-28-2011, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
I agree. I thought the first two episodes were pretty spot-on for that "bubble" in Dallas. The guys don't want to grow up, have money, and can act like Matt does because the girls let them. The girls are either 1) desperate to get married (Courtney) or 2) slutty clones (the sparkly dress/ fake boob entourage Matt invited to Teddy's Room) who keep the playboys entertained.
Teddy's is a dive.

Old 08-28-2011, 02:02 PM

2,169 posts, read 5,177,447 times
And the bad reviews keep coming:

'Eligible' won't do Big D any favors

Old 08-28-2011, 11:41 PM

161 posts, read 385,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
I'd surmise that the vast majority of people under 30 in Uptown don't have real money (they don't earn a six figure income), made worse by a propensity to spend like they do. It's part of the reason why Dallas has some of the lowest credit scores in the nation and also why I won't move back to Dallas until my experience can command a six figure income (I'm 25 now).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas