Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2011, 11:13 AM

82 posts, read 333,210 times

Advertisements

Can someone recommend one to me? I really need to get this case dismissed or cut down. Who do you recommend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2011, 04:13 PM

6,255 posts, read 17,119,998 times
I've never needed an attorney for something like that, so I can't offer you any personal recommendations. What I would suggest is looking at the "Texas Best" lists, like this one from D Magazine.

Dallas/Fort Worth Best Lawyers in Dallas 2011 | Lawyers | D Magazine

There are a few on there who specialize in Criminal Defense.

Old 06-18-2014, 09:04 AM

1 posts, read 1,062 times
I chase my husband and a woman down in our truck cornered them at a stop light got out with my keys in my hand unlocked the door, on her side. She started kicking me while Im yelling her to just get out of my truck. Unaware she had a blade in her hand she began cutting me my husband said baby get back she has a knife, I said I don't care just want her out of our car. Then he said look your car is rolling. When I went to get the car they drove off. I drove off after them didn't realize how bad I was cut. We began driving crazy, until I lost them but I knew they were going to her job. So I proceeded to FedEx where she worked ask the guard for bandage told him part of what happen and called police. To sum it up had to get stitches in multiple places. I filed charges against her but can I be liable or in trouble too?
Had run ins with her before.

Last edited by P1easehelp; 06-18-2014 at 09:17 AM..

Old 06-18-2014, 09:59 AM

1,212 posts, read 2,301,160 times
Yes. You can get in trouble too. You initiated the contact and confronted them. Thereafter, you drove unsafe chasing them. Then, you went to her employer and ratted her out to the guard. That could be a case for slander. Personally, I think you need to just let the cheating a-hole go and move on with your life.

Old 06-19-2014, 01:05 AM

153 posts, read 226,357 times
Disclaimer: claims of legal analysis, theory, research, synthesis, or counsel offered on this forum should not be relied upon or construed to be predictive of a prevailing outcome.

Shalleye Sueya
Senior Partner, Mee, Ahh & Kulpa, LLC.

Last edited by JoeSiczpak; 06-19-2014 at 02:32 AM..

Old 06-19-2014, 01:53 PM

2,206 posts, read 4,752,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockDad View Post
Yes. You can get in trouble too. You initiated the contact and confronted them. Thereafter, you drove unsafe chasing them. Then, you went to her employer and ratted her out to the guard. That could be a case for slander. Personally, I think you need to just let the cheating a-hole go and move on with your life.
There is a provision in TX law allowing a "heat of passion" defense to prosecution for more serious charges.

If you have kids, then I'd find a good divorce attorney and:

1. File for divorce and get full custody and child support. I'd get a temporary custody and provisional child support and then go for the permanent ruling, He will have to fork over 25% of his income for a long time. TX is very mother friendly as far as child support goes. Almost no one gets alimony in TX but you never know what a guilty man will do to get you to go away.

Most affairs last less than 18 months. More than likely he will come crawling back to you.

Personally, I'd ask yourself what you can do to improve yourself going forward.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas