Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2012, 07:26 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,027,890 times

Advertisements

Are all the cops & firemen in dallas as dense as these were ? Total overkill.
http://www.texas-fire.com/2012/01/couple-says-police-firefighters-went-too-far-in-dog-rescue/ (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2012, 07:28 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,291,156 times
Uh....from what I hear, he put his Yorkies in the trunk of the car. There is no way that can be considered acceptable regardless of the weather.

Old 01-14-2012, 07:32 PM

1,190 posts, read 2,636,480 times
why were the dogs in the trunk? As BigDGeek says, that is not acceptable, not matter the weather.

Old 01-14-2012, 07:35 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,027,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Uh....from what I hear, he put his Yorkies in the trunk of the car. There is no way that can be considered acceptable regardless of the weather.
I just saw it on the news in L.A. & they didnt mention anything about the guy putting his dogs in the trunk. The news anchor did say she wonders why the firemen broke through the trunk. So did i & now you may have answered it. If thats the case then i agree totally with you.

Old 01-14-2012, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
I just saw it on the news in L.A. & they didnt mention anything about the guy putting his dogs in the trunk. The news anchor did say she wonders why the firemen broke through the trunk. So did i & now you may have answered it. If thats the case then i agree totally with you.
The story you quoted was a tad misleading but this story is all over the web and several include interviews with the people who called the police in the first place. They and the police confirmed that the dogs were in the trunk. Poor doggies! What pisses me off is that they were returned to them!

Old 01-14-2012, 11:34 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,425,311 times
Don't leave your dogs in the car for more than a few minutes, ever. No matter the weather. I think the cops and firemen should have taken a trip around their car with a crowbar and smashed a few windows, some headlights, really driven the point home.

Old 01-14-2012, 11:45 PM

178 posts, read 399,132 times
the guy locked the dogs in his trunk. 55 degrees becomes 75-80 degrees within hours here, police and fire aren't weathermen. the idiot got what he deserved. glad he was charged. and i'm not even a dog lover.

Old 01-15-2012, 02:17 AM

4,207 posts, read 15,258,757 times
The dogs were not locked in the trunck. They were in the back seat with the seats folded down with access to the trunk. The cops could have looked throught he windows and bust it instead of making so much damage to the car.

Old 01-15-2012, 02:55 AM

1,518 posts, read 3,056,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsumner View Post
The dogs were not locked in the trunck. They were in the back seat with the seats folded down with access to the trunk. The cops could have looked throught he windows and bust it instead of making so much damage to the car.
Right, and considering it was about 55 degrees outside, there was no need to bust anything. I've slept in my car when it was a lot warmer than that. I'm strongly against animal cruelty and have two dogs of my own, but if conditions are pleasant to me, they're good enough for dogs.

Old 01-15-2012, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsumner View Post
From what I've read, according to both witnesses and the police the dogs were in the trunk, not the backseat.

Also, even if you give a dog access to an area by leaving a passageway open, that's no guarantee they'll actually use it. Dogs aren't the most clever animals, and small breeds can be especially dense. (I have a Maltese, so I know.)

For example, my dog does not seem to understand the difference between the garage door being up or down. He will run around the garage when the door is up, but will scratch wildly at the door to be let into the house so he can exit the house through the den door leading to the patio. He won't pee unless he goes this way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas