Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 09:29 AM

8 posts, read 9,250 times

Advertisements

[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Hello everyone..[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]I’ll be a graduate student at UT Dallas and reading a lot about the area and need your advise on where to live.. I’ll have my wife and my son (3 months old) and l have looked at the village [/SIZE][SIZE=3]http://www.thevillageapts.com/Apartments/module/properties/[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]It looks nice but I want to know how much commute will it take to UT Dallas?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Also, want to know which part of the village is the newest?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Is it doable to live in the village and commute on daily basis to UT Dallas?[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Thank you[/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2012, 09:52 AM

690 posts, read 1,729,503 times
Yes, downtown Dallas to Richardson (Floyd & Campbell) is approx. a 15 mile one-way trip.
On an average a thirty minute ride in the auto depending on traffic. Heavy traffic or accidents sometimes around 635 and 75, that can be a parking lot for thirty minutes in itself sometimes.

Old 03-09-2012, 12:10 PM

812 posts, read 2,184,401 times
Look at Richardson. Lots of apartments and a very multicultural area with south Asians, Middle Easterners, and shops and restaurants that cater to them. I think you'd feel very comfortable there, and you'd have an easy commute too.

Welcome!

Old 03-09-2012, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyJoe817 View Post
Yes, downtown Dallas to Richardson (Floyd & Campbell) is approx. a 15 mile one-way trip.
On an average a thirty minute ride in the auto depending on traffic. Heavy traffic or accidents sometimes around 635 and 75, that can be a parking lot for thirty minutes in itself sometimes.

thanks for the reply... i used google map and it gave me a 20 minute commute but i'm sure you are more accurate...

Old 03-09-2012, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggolf View Post
Look at Richardson. Lots of apartments and a very multicultural area with south Asians, Middle Easterners, and shops and restaurants that cater to them. I think you'd feel very comfortable there, and you'd have an easy commute too.

Welcome!

thanks for the advise... would you suggest any "luxury" gated community around Richardson or Plano?

i'm willing to pay around $1,800 a month for 2 bedroom apartment.

thanks again

Old 03-09-2012, 01:13 PM

812 posts, read 2,184,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faisal.cpc View Post
thanks for the advise... would you suggest any "luxury" gated community around Richardson or Plano?

i'm willing to pay around $1,800 a month for 2 bedroom apartment.

thanks again
google "dfw apartment locators" or "Richardson TX apt locators" and you'll find a lot of agents that would help you

the good news, you don't need to pay them, the apartments pay for their services, so they will not cost you a dime

I used one when I moved here in 1999 and they took me around to various locations and I was able to find a great place in N Dallas for a good price.

Old 03-09-2012, 01:15 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,835,634 times
google times are not accurate in general for the DFW ara. The traffic is much worse than they calculate. The usual advice is 3-4 minutes per mile during the standard commute hours.

Old 03-09-2012, 02:12 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,751,740 times
I second the suggestion for living in Richardson or Plano.

Very multicultural, tons of people from the Middle East, friendly people, and right next to UTD.

Im Lebanese and I live in Plano. I love it here.

Old 03-09-2012, 02:32 PM

43 posts, read 94,952 times
Default Nice Gated Places to live in Richardson

Below are some links to very nice apartments very close to UTD

Brick Row Urban Village
Apartment Community Details - Post Apartment Homes - Furnished and Unfurnished Apartments
http://www.amli.com/apartments/dallas/galatyn-station/

These are all very nice, in safe areas and gated. The Village apartment complexes are more for singles or couples. Not many children live there. A lot of the complexes in The Village are not gated and the areas to the north and east have high crime rates. Richardson or Plano are much safer, better schools and closer to UTD. For $1,800 a month you could also rent a nice house almost within walking distance to UTD.

Old 03-10-2012, 06:59 AM

13,194 posts, read 28,302,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyJoe817 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
google times are not accurate in general for the DFW ara. The traffic is much worse than they calculate. The usual advice is 3-4 minutes per mile during the standard commute hours.

It's actually closer to 15-20 minutes because it's going against traffic - assuming your classes start in the AM. If you're going to be driving north for night classes, then it certainly can take 30+ minutes. Unless there's a big wreck, it's NOT a 30 min average drive on a daily basis.

The Village is great! Northbridge, Dakota, and Westside are the three newest complexes. All built in the last 3-10 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas