Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2012, 05:47 PM

203 posts, read 271,524 times

Advertisements

I am close to my MS in Psych Counseling but have thought of moving at some point. I have a ways to go before i am fully licensed as I still need internship hours with associate license but wondering what the need for counselors is out there. I know therapists are needed everywhere but some states also have a glut of certain occupations and I don't want to try to set up a private practice if it's impossible. No matter what, I'm expecting it to be a slow process and word of mouth is what drives it but I don't want to set myself up for failure. Just wondering what the market is out there. I understand I'll be doing some case management while I'm working for others but eventually want to move into actual counseling. Thanks for any insight you can provide. My husband also needs to secure employment but Dallas is one of the places I have in mind so I'm wondering if my career would be within reach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2012, 07:29 AM

5,760 posts, read 11,548,273 times
Hopefully better than the responses.

------------------

Try indeed.com. It does overlay searches of all the other job boards.

Set the city and terms (e.g., LPC) you are looking for and the city. On the second page you can set the distance at say -- Dallas, 100 miles, and then list by date -- that will give a "big picture" map for the last month of what the local market is.

If this link works for you . . .

Lpc Jobs, Employment in Dallas, TX | Indeed.com

Old 04-28-2012, 07:38 AM

173 posts, read 402,151 times
Jobs in that field would be similar to most places. The pay in Texas is kind of low in the field. There are sooo many universities in Dallas with counseling programs. Lots of new grad competition, but not totally impossible. Depending on where you are coming from (like Northeast) you might expect a big pay drop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: