Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2013, 06:10 AM

12 posts, read 24,357 times

Advertisements

Looking for a friendly, safe and green area in good travel distance to the centre.

I do like water and green areas, so it would be nice to see more then just tarmac and houses. : )

Not sure if anyone has used the train for commuting?

You can give me your favourite area if that helps, also maybe one better to stay away of.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2013, 06:25 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,213,992 times
You must be British ? Are you looking for an apartment and what is your price range ?

The Las Colinas area of Irving is peppered with lakes, canals, green parks and "The Campion Trial" which is very popular. The Dart rail line will take you easily to downtown and later this year to DFW airport. Just about minutes away is every type of restaurant you might want with plenty of shopping.

Old 11-11-2013, 06:25 AM

2,353 posts, read 3,865,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeticetea View Post
Looking for a friendly, safe and green area in good travel distance to the centre.

I do like water and green areas, so it would be nice to see more then just tarmac and houses. : )

Not sure if anyone has used the train for commuting?

You can give me your favourite area if that helps, also maybe one better to stay away of.

Thanks!
What do you consider "good travel distance"? 30 minutes? An hour? And, are you considering the Central Business District of Dallas as "the centre" or somewhere else?

Buying? Renting? What is your budget?

Old 11-11-2013, 06:53 AM

5,680 posts, read 11,551,112 times
East Dallas, esp. the area around White Rock Lake, has lots of green spaces and mature trees. White Rock Lake has a park/trail all the way around it, and it is very near the Santa Fe Trail. The nearest DART line is the Blue Line, which is a bit to the north of the lake.

Old 11-11-2013, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DitsyD View Post
What do you consider "good travel distance"? 30 minutes? An hour? And, are you considering the Central Business District of Dallas as "the centre" or somewhere else?

Buying? Renting? What is your budget?
Ideally not more 30min-45min. But then I also dont know how bad the traffic is?
Centre , something like UT Hospital or Oak lawn area.

Old 11-11-2013, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Made_it_To_the_Metroplex View Post
East Dallas, esp. the area around White Rock Lake, has lots of green spaces and mature trees. White Rock Lake has a park/trail all the way around it, and it is very near the Santa Fe Trail. The nearest DART line is the Blue Line, which is a bit to the north of the lake.
Thank you,

what are your thoughts about Grapevine area?
Are the lakes man made or natural?

Old 11-11-2013, 07:35 AM

2,825 posts, read 4,465,373 times
Quote:
Thank you,

There is only one natural lake in Texas and that is Caddo Mills. All other are "reservoirs".

Old 11-11-2013, 09:56 AM

11,858 posts, read 26,891,424 times
Quote:
Thank you,

I've lived in Grapevine for 12 years and I love it.
The lake is made by damming a creek, so it's technically man-made. However, it's not like a small pond that was dug out by machinery...

Old 11-11-2013, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
I've lived in Grapevine for 12 years and I love it.
The lake is made by damming a creek, so it's technically man-made. However, it's not like a small pond that was dug out by machinery...
How long does it take you to let's say the UT Hospital?
Is possible to rent a house there or is it more a buyers area?
Does the airport create much noise?

Old 11-11-2013, 01:40 PM

11,858 posts, read 26,891,424 times
Quote:
How long does it take you to let's say the UT Hospital?
Is possible to rent a house there or is it more a buyers area?
Does the airport create much noise?
I'm not sure of the commute to UTSW. I drive to the Fort Worth medical district, which usually takes 35-40 minutes.
Yes, there are houses for rent.
Grapevine does get some airplane noise, especially when the planes take off to the north. Some areas of town get more noise than others. The areas by the Mall, and along 114, get more noise.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas