Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2012, 09:09 AM

8 posts, read 32,095 times

Advertisements

Hi everybody.

My wife and I are going to be moving from a rental home 4bdrm (2200 sq ft) to a 5 bdrm 3200 sqft home in August.

Seems like there aren't many moving companies that have great reviews online. We have a grand piano and are likely going to get a piano mover separate, but I just wanted to see if any one had a GREAT experience with their movers and could pass along who they used? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2012, 02:48 PM

670 posts, read 2,998,497 times
We used Midnight Movers or Moving. Good experience for us and was recommended by a friend who has used them multiple times. HTH

Old 07-17-2012, 03:21 PM

19 posts, read 51,487 times
Transmovers is awesome and well priced. The guys work hard, and even the owner, Omar, pitches in and helps. We always have stairs and I am always amazed at how hard they work to get the job done. We have used them several times over the last six years--they even did a big "college" move for our family between here and Houston. They are also really honest with the time (they will deduct their breaks and lunch time from the bill). They do charge a fee for connecting a Washer/Dryer and a truck "trip" fee for fuel, so watch out for that. Other movers also charge a fee for that, as well.

Under no circumstances should you use North Texas Moving Systems Moderator cut: no names. They broke my stuff on one move and instead of compensating me for the broken pieces, they offered to "fix" the furniture really cheaply--they suggested coloring cracked stained wood with a magic marker. They no-showed on the day of the move the last time I tried to give them a second chance. They are on my blacklist.

No matter who you go with, be sure that you ask for an all non-smoking crew. I have moved many times and I've noticed--especially when you have stairs--that the smokers get tired more often and spend a lot of time moving slow, sitting down, or actually taking smoke breaks.

Also, you will want to wrap larger, more expensive pieces, televisions, and glass pieces with moving blankets. They will do it for you if you ask them to bring moving blankets when they move you. Be sure to confirm the blankets the day before the move so they will be sure to load them into the truck.

I always put my mattress covers on my mattresses and then use a plastic mattress bag, as well--the last thing you want is sweaty men pressing dirty hands and chests against the place you sleep. Throw the mattress bags away the day of the move, and then pull the mattress cover off to sleep the first night, wash it when you get settled.

We've never moved anything as large as a piano, but the way these guys handled our stuff has always impressed me and my stuff has usually survived the move in good condition. Good luck with whatever moving company you decide.

Old 07-17-2012, 04:42 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,091,967 times
AAA-5 star moving. The guys have moved us three times and helped move furniture for us once. They were on time, quick and courteous and above all reasonably priced.

I would have no problems or even hesitate to use them again.

AAA Five Star Moving and Storage - Home

Feel free to DM if you have other questions.

Old 07-18-2012, 08:51 AM

69 posts, read 238,224 times
I used this site to get quotes for the number of people I needed and all worked out well.

Reserve Day Labor in Dallas, Texas | HireAHelper.com

Old 07-18-2012, 09:27 AM

1,282 posts, read 3,556,646 times
I've used Apple movers in the past (twice) with good results. Also had Frisco Moving Company move some new furniture in for me recently and I was quite impressed with them to.

Old 05-24-2019, 09:47 AM

9 posts, read 7,391 times
I agree with goodhugh - I used hireahelper as well and got various quotes from different movers - ofcourse went with most affordable yet good reputation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: