U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-07-2013, 02:51 PM
 
24 posts, read 48,307 times
Reputation: 18

Advertisements

Ok.. I will investigate all of your suggestions. Thanks so much
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-07-2013, 06:01 PM
 
155 posts, read 340,237 times
Reputation: 253
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebird View Post
These two areas have the highest concentration of furniture and design stores.

The North Dallas Design District.

North Dallas Design District

And of course the Dallas Design District.

http://www.dallas-design-district.com/
I second the Dallas Design District -- it's the best place in Dallas to find tons of antique (or what passes for antiques ) in Dallas.

The North Dallas Design District is mostly new furniture, so over all the two are quite complementary, but simply different in focus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2013, 06:03 PM
 
Location: Texas
42,203 posts, read 49,740,662 times
Reputation: 66975
What kind of furniture are you looking for?

I have started doing most of my shopping at Kathy Adams.
If they don't have it, my consultant has been able to find exactly what I want (style, etc) elsewhere and order it for me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2013, 08:15 AM
 
401 posts, read 524,149 times
Reputation: 194
I read somewhere that Weir's furniture in Dallas also has their warehouse location where they have closeout/clearance priced furniture. Does anyone have their postal address? I want to check out them in this week.

I need to buy new sofa/loveseat for my living room and I am looking to spend up-to $1500 for leather (fabric is also an option if we like the design and build quality). Does anyone have a good suggestion which can fit in our price range?

This is what I have short-listed so far (feel free to share your thoughts from any of these stores):
1. Weir's (most ppl like their build quality but some complains about their higher than average price)
2. America's Furniture Mart (mostly heard a good quality furniture for unbeatable price but a bad customer service)
3. Ikea (college students central, so I may keep it as a last option)
4. The Dump (mostly ppl find this place either hit or miss....... but they have a large selection)
5,6 Ashley and Rooms To Go (I bought most of my furniture from these two stores in the past with a good experience, so I have them in my list)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2013, 04:15 PM
 
Location: Dallas, TX
1,161 posts, read 738,412 times
Reputation: 248
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallas_cowboy View Post
I read somewhere that Weir's furniture in Dallas also has their warehouse location where they have closeout/clearance priced furniture. Does anyone have their postal address? I want to check out them in this week.

I need to buy new sofa/loveseat for my living room and I am looking to spend up-to $1500 for leather (fabric is also an option if we like the design and build quality). Does anyone have a good suggestion which can fit in our price range?

This is what I have short-listed so far (feel free to share your thoughts from any of these stores):
1. Weir's (most ppl like their build quality but some complains about their higher than average price)
2. America's Furniture Mart (mostly heard a good quality furniture for unbeatable price but a bad customer service)
3. Ikea (college students central, so I may keep it as a last option)
4. The Dump (mostly ppl find this place either hit or miss....... but they have a large selection)
5,6 Ashley and Rooms To Go (I bought most of my furniture from these two stores in the past with a good experience, so I have them in my list)
Are 1 and 2 better than 5,6.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2013, 04:19 PM
 
261 posts, read 357,693 times
Reputation: 104
I have shopped at American Furniture Mart several times and have got the best bang for the buck and customer service was good as well....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2013, 04:21 PM
 
401 posts, read 524,149 times
Reputation: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseball123 View Post
I have shopped at American Furniture Mart several times and have got the best bang for the buck and customer service was good as well....
thanks how do you feel about overall build quality of their furniture on a long term?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2013, 04:25 PM
 
261 posts, read 357,693 times
Reputation: 104
I bought a leather sofa and love seat (Ashley Signature brand) from them 3 years ago for 50% of the price Ashley was quoting for the same item. I am satisfied with the quality and have not had any issues so far with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2013, 04:34 PM
 
401 posts, read 524,149 times
Reputation: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseball123 View Post
I bought a leather sofa and love seat (Ashley Signature brand) from them 3 years ago for 50% of the price Ashley was quoting for the same item. I am satisfied with the quality and have not had any issues so far with it.
that's nice. thanks for sharing the info. do they negotiate in their price? how's their delivery service? how much did you pay approx. for your leather sofa and love seat?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-11-2013, 04:55 PM
 
Location: Simmering in DFW
6,947 posts, read 18,681,510 times
Reputation: 7182
We bought some good quality pieces at The Dump
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top