Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-11-2013, 06:28 PM

70 posts, read 131,926 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know which subdivisions have more more amenities vs. the neighborhood pool plopped in the worse lot in the subdivision?

Not really talking about the few master planned communities, but the ones that might have some walking trails and an upgraded pool or workout facilities, etc.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2013, 07:30 AM

2 posts, read 3,743 times
In Mckinney you have Reserves at Westridge, Stonebridge Ranch, Craig Ranch, and Tucker Hill
In Frisco you have Richwoods, Hunter's Creek, and Heritage Lakes
Further north off 380 (in between Denton and Mckinney) you have Savannah, Providence Village, Carter Ranch in Celina, and several neighborhoods in Prosper
There's also Castle Hills in Lewisville.

There's good and bad about all these places. I just listed the neighborhoods and subdivision that I know of that have a lot of amenities. We've been looking for the last several months ourselves. We currently live in Providence Village and while we love the neighborhood amenties (particulary the water park and the playgrounds and parks that are on nearly every street corner) there are downsides. The houses are very close together, there's not much of a yard unless you can get a corner lot and the HOA is a little overbearing with all their rules. Same with Savannah and the Reserves at Westridge.

Tucker Hill in Mckinney is a beautiful neighborhood and has a lot of nature trails but the houses there are pretty expensive and I'm not sure what your price range is. Same with Stonebridge Ranch in Mckinney.

Richwoods and Carter Ranch are pretty new subs so still a little early to say how they are going to pan out. Richwoods is going to be on the higher end price-wise and the amneity center hasn't been built yet (last I checked) but the plans I saw for it look pretty impressive. You'll have to build though since these two subs are so new and have very few pre-existing houses for sale.

Heritage Lakes and Hunter's creek both have awesome pools with a lazy river and a splash park but we haven't driven out there yet to check out the rest of the neighborhood. It's on our list of places to check out though.

Old 09-13-2013, 08:16 AM

953 posts, read 1,830,946 times
In addition to the above community's listed by jshoemaker, Frisco also has Lawler Park adjacent to Richwoods and Hunter's creek. However, many people do not know that Lawler Park actually is going to have in the next year or so a walking trail that connects directly to the multi-million dollar Frisco's city park called baccchus park (~ 80 acre I believe and has sports fields). Imagine just walking to it instead of hauling kids and stuff in a car. You can see it on here -
http://www.lawlerpark.com/siteplan.pdf

and read about it here
Lawler Park in Frisco to offer residents easy access to city park - Frisco - You + Dallas

Old 09-13-2013, 08:20 AM

953 posts, read 1,830,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshoemaker410 View Post
Richwoods is going to be on the higher end price-wise and the amneity center hasn't been built yet (last I checked) but the plans I saw for it look pretty impressive. You'll have to build though since these two subs are so new and have very few pre-existing houses for sale.
Amenity center is built out already. The pool is beautiful and completely done.

Old 09-13-2013, 08:22 AM

794 posts, read 1,670,716 times
West Park Estates & Avingnon in Plano have great facilities. There are many preexisting communities with upscale facilities, e.g. Gleneagles, Prestonwood etc. If you buy near Tom Muhlenback Recreation Center , Arborhills nature reserve or Oak Point then its pretty awesome and free.

Old 09-13-2013, 07:08 PM

33 posts, read 83,174 times
You mentioned The Colony, so I'll chime in with The Tribute. Two golf courses, rubberized running service, multiple pools, water features, several mile nature trail out to lake.

Near there is 10? year old subdivision in Frisco called Lonestar Ranch. I thought they had a decent greenbelt and pool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: