Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2013, 05:34 AM

384 posts, read 596,120 times

Advertisements

I am looking for recommendations for the most cost effective and reliable Brake and/or Tire stores in Dallas. North Dallas would be the ideal location.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2013, 01:37 PM

390 posts, read 715,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cy_flembeck View Post
I am looking for recommendations for the most cost effective and reliable Brake and/or Tire stores in Dallas. North Dallas would be the ideal location.

Thank you.
Discount Tire hands down for tires. If you need cheaper, you should look at something like Wal-Mart.

For brakes, stay away from Just Brakes - they are crooks; you'll never get out of there for under $500. I've had good luck with Firestone and Midas. The guys at the Firestone location on Campbell Rd in Garland are great, and I've also had good luck with location on Greenville Ave in Dallas.

Old 09-22-2013, 02:03 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,474,737 times
Discount Tire for tires...and get the 'road force' balancing using their Hunter GSP9700 Wheel/Vibration Balancing System. I highly recommend Brakes Plus for alignment (see Les at the Brakes Plus on Coit near Parker in Plano.) This Brakes Plus location is also recommended by many Discount Tire stores in West Plano for alignment since Discount Tire does not do alignments.

I prefer to us OEM brake pads on my cars so I have my brakes done at the dealerships. However, I would recommend Brakes Plus for your brake work 'if' you do not care what brand of pad is used...or maybe they will install OEM brake pads if you provide them. Dunno...

PS - Wherever you go to buy your tires - buy a good tire...like Michelin.

Old 09-22-2013, 04:02 PM

2,256 posts, read 9,762,286 times
I recommend Stop on a Dime break service, they come to your house or place of employment! We have used them for all 3 of our cars and have gotten great, honest service. We found them on Angie's List:

Stop on a Dime Mobile Brake Service - Rowlett, TX

Old 09-22-2013, 06:58 PM

718 posts, read 1,389,658 times
Discount tires are the best. Their plan includes a warranty for 60 000 miles , something needed in Texas , since no matter what quality of tires you buy, you will change them by 30 000 or before 24 months.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: