Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 01:07 PM

377 posts, read 387,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonsimmons View Post
the commute will be tough but Frisco and Prosper are great areas and much better than the ones he mentioned IMO

it has everything you and your family need and in the next 5 years it will be the home of the cowboys and have 2 more HUGE developments with shopping, upscale apartments and nice restaurants

FRISCO ISD just had an article in the paper where it was recognized as one of the best in the nation because of its practice of small schools and classroom sizes

there is a reason Frisco and Prosper are 2 of the fastest growing communites in the country, they are worth it.

dont listen to that guy

I dont think you can lump Frisco and Prosper together. Yes, I know they are right next to each other but they are COMPLETELY different cities.

Frisco is a booming mini-urban city whereas Prosper is growing fast but still very small. Frisco has skyscrapers along the 121 corridor whereas Prosper will never approach that level of development.

People who live in Frisco are very different from the people who live in Prosper. People who choose Frisco want access to lots of amenities in a short distance and dont mild large hustle/bustle of an urban environment.

People who choose Prosper want a small town feel. Frisco is NOT a small town type of feeling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2014, 03:02 PM

3,584 posts, read 2,723,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by platon20 View Post
I dont think you can lump Frisco and Prosper together. Yes, I know they are right next to each other but they are COMPLETELY different cities.

Frisco is a booming mini-urban city whereas Prosper is growing fast but still very small. Frisco has skyscrapers along the 121 corridor whereas Prosper will never approach that level of development.

People who live in Frisco are very different from the people who live in Prosper. People who choose Frisco want access to lots of amenities in a short distance and dont mild large hustle/bustle of an urban environment.

People who choose Prosper want a small town feel. Frisco is NOT a small town type of feeling.
As a long time resident, I remember Hwy 121 as a 2-lane blacktop with massage parlors along the sparsely populated area. Frisco was not more than a trailer park and gas station. Funny how things change over time.

Old 09-10-2014, 09:46 AM

1,315 posts, read 2,690,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by platon20 View Post

Agreed.While Frisco is a great option,it should not be compared to Prosper.Frisco is on its way to be a bustling mega city with close to 300,000 people.Prosper will remain a town with a build out of close to 60,000.I think they get compared due to location.There is alot more to Prosper than what you see driving past on 380....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: