Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2014, 09:41 AM

1,256 posts, read 2,492,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX75007 View Post
Exide was a legal, long-running business which fully complied with EPA regulations. In Fact, the lead recycle plant was built to get lead out of the communities.

And then the EPA changed the rules. Exide agreed to fund new scrubbers. But Frisco refused to approve a permit.

The real problem I see now is if the EPA, Frisco, the DMN, and the various haters in Frisco really want to face a Legal Discovery Process.

Chevron recently won a RICO suit and there are a number of others being considered in other cases like this.

Exide's only problem is that they tried to win a Witch Trial with facts. The only way you can win in a Witch Trial is to show who the real Witches are.
Trying to position Exide as some kind of benovolent entity that has been unfairly harrassed by the bad ol' government is laughable.

Exide's environmental record is abyssmal - they are responsible for contaminating and polluting in multiple states, including California:

Health Alert Issued in Southeast Los Angeles Near Exide Battery Plant

And for the record -- there is no "safe" level of lead in the blood for children. None.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2014, 10:23 PM

125 posts, read 191,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taroberts View Post
Funny you should mention this. I live in a red area of that map but in Plano. My kids pediatrician is within an even more red map area in Frisco. When I took my son last year for his 2 yr well visit the doc poked his finger for blood and told me it is for a lead test. I thought his was strange as I come from Baltimore and here (Plano/Frisco) there are very few buildings old enough to even have been built around lead paint time.

I shrugged off the pediatrician's response. Anyway, not surprisingly although my 2 year old has spent his entire life going to day care, church and living in the red zone his lead test came back in the all clear.

So, I say all that to say I am not sure that map factual.
Knowing all of this, I'd be fearful of moving to the area. Sure people could say that it's completely safe, but how do you really know. I'm not going to take a chance with my toddler's life. The last thing I'd want is for something to happen and blame myself for the rest of my life.

Old 05-23-2014, 10:32 PM

409 posts, read 1,045,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbyK View Post
Knowing all of this, I'd be fearful of moving to the area. Sure people could say that it's completely safe, but how do you really know. I'm not going to take a chance with my toddler's life. The last thing I'd want is for something to happen and blame myself for the rest of my life.
I am guessing you wouldn't live on the east coast then.

Old 05-24-2014, 05:42 AM

125 posts, read 191,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taroberts View Post
I am guessing you wouldn't live on the east coast then.
Probably not, but a better question would be, why would I want to live on the east coast? Of all the coasts in the continental US the west coast is by far much better weather and terrain wise.

Old 05-24-2014, 07:46 AM

1,256 posts, read 2,492,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeh19468 View Post
Feds coming to the rescue. Lol! Would that be the EPA, BLM, IRS, NSA, the VA? Yeah, gotta lot of faith in DC right now...
Dude - have you ever heard of a "Super Fund Cleanup Site"? Because that is where this is headed.

Old 05-24-2014, 09:12 AM

325 posts, read 757,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookside View Post
Dude - have you ever heard of a "Super Fund Cleanup Site"? Because that is where this is headed.
Dude, have you ever heard of a thing called the deficit? $17-18T and growing. People who think the Feds and big govt are the answer to everything are the same ones that seem to think the Federal Govt has an unlimited supply of money.

Old 05-24-2014, 10:03 AM

2,885 posts, read 4,646,754 times
Yeah, this thread is moving in even more productive directions. Maye the mds can shut it down.

Old 05-24-2014, 02:43 PM

91 posts, read 151,047 times
There are plenty of homes in Texas, why take unnecessary risk?

Old 05-24-2014, 04:44 PM

19,797 posts, read 18,085,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renu.Uner View Post
There are plenty of homes in Texas, why take unnecessary risk?
Because no one can show any real risk.

Old 05-24-2014, 05:04 PM

91 posts, read 151,047 times
Yeah but why bother. Who needs undue stress in life? Why you must buy there? Is there a shortage of homes or leukemia vs new windows is a difficult decision to make?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas