Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 08:57 PM

157 posts, read 706,151 times

Advertisements

Drywall is almost done! If they work tomorrow it should be finished. They were down to one room left last night and it's a smaller one. Insulation and drywall quieted down the house quite a bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2015, 08:27 AM

1 posts, read 2,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdevan View Post
Yeah there are 3 Baypoints (4 if you count around corner) all very close in different phases, which is good to see how they are moving along. I too was really only concerned about straight walls and foundation, but something I saw (because of the multiple Baypoints).

Every single one has different roof support beams and different ductwork. If you take a look at the attics in them they are all built very differently. This concerns me some as it shows me obviously beyond the blueprint of walls/roof each actual building crews build how they want. How do I know the supports are spaced evenly enough to be good for the next 20 years?

This is something I am bringing up to the inspector. I could be just being silly.

As to the price markups, yeah, it depends on where you go. I have seen Baypoints go for $280k and $480k depending on location and amenities, but I did see a Baypoint for sale in Woodbridge 3 months ago at $420k so I was glad to see it going for way more than I am paying.

Good luck with the new home!
Do you remember where you saw the Baypoint for $280?

Old 02-02-2015, 09:23 AM

It wasn't in this area at all. Keep in mind the Baypoints have an option to not include the second floor. I was just referring to the fact the cost is greatly dependent on location and amenities. For instance my home (12 years ago) was going for $120k in Oklahoma, but I paid $152k because it was in Wylie Tx (voted #2 best city to live in the USA).

Drywall is done. We did have a setback though, and this is for all Megatel (and possibly other builders) the "Furniture" option for the master bathroom and powder room is off the table. Something to do with a dock strike in California/Asia? They have downgraded us to custom cabinets with granite. It isn't horrible, but my wife loved those furniture style sinks.

Apparently there is no other option.

Old 02-02-2015, 12:05 PM

Well, again Megatel surprises. Today they called us to say they found another supplier that sells a very similar furniture style bathroom cabinets and sent us a pic. They look awesome and they ordered them for us today.

We would have still been very happy with our experience so far despite the furniture, but the fact they still tried to resolve it is a big plus in my books.

Old 02-04-2015, 08:57 PM

Tape & bed and rounded walls are all but done, will be done tomorrow. They are putting up the brick and stone! I didn't expect this for another 3 weeks (looking at the one a month ahead of us). The brick is probably 25% complete as of tonight.

At the rate they are going it should be finished by Monday. It's really looking like a home. I found 2 issues with the drywall and Megatel is addressing them.

Old 02-09-2015, 11:24 AM

Walls spackled and prepped for paint. Brick is about 50-60% complete. Had a day they couldn't work on brick due to weather.

Old 02-09-2015, 02:39 PM

I found a Baypoint in DeSoto Tx for the lowest price of $329k fully loaded (3850 sqft) and I found 1 in Prosper Tx for $490k and was less sqft 3815. These are brand new for sale from Megatel, not pre-owned.

Just FYI from previous post.

Old 02-13-2015, 06:36 PM

Cabinets are in! Also Staircase moldings and railings! Brickwork is complete. Doors are all sitting in garage as is crown molding and window sills and seats. Looks great and Megatel corporate contacted me multiple times this week to make sure everything is going well and that I am happy with the pace and quality and I definitely am.

Old 02-18-2015, 09:50 AM

9 posts, read 11,028 times
Thanks for all the updates, it's been really helpful. Keep 'em coming!

Old 02-18-2015, 11:57 PM

8 posts, read 13,415 times
Default Baypoint in the $280's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna K View Post
Do you remember where you saw the Baypoint for $280?
Megatel Baypoint rough number of $289K in Gunter, Tx on a golf course! If you don't mind living a little rural this is a nice area with very little traffic. I think they expected things to go faster out there but there is still some building going on with very nice homes in the area. For the money and what's included, not a bad deal and I'm sure they will work with you some to get some homes up.

We are building in Prosper.

Side note: Thanks for the updates and glad things are working out for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas