Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2014, 02:09 PM

80 posts, read 109,681 times

Advertisements

Hello,

My family and recently moved to the NE Dallas area (Garland, Richardson, Plano) and we're looking for a church with the similar vibe as LifeChurch.tv (there's a location in Keller), or North Point Ministries (we attended Buckhead Church in Atlanta for some time).

Any recommendations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2014, 03:46 PM

788 posts, read 1,225,713 times
Chase Oaks, Christian World, Watermark, Fellowship Church, LakePoint

Old 11-16-2014, 07:00 AM

213 posts, read 315,545 times
The Village just opened a campus in Plano.

Old 11-16-2014, 08:07 PM

73 posts, read 112,242 times
All the ones listed by CMC_TX are great, and so is The Village. I currently attend Lake Pointe Church and I think it's probably closest to the location you're wanting. They have the main campus in Rockwall and smaller campuses in Mesquite, the Firewheel area of Garland, a new Richland campus close to Richland College (basically bordering Richardson), and the Forney campus. However, I must say that out of all the churches listed already, The Village was my favorite. I began attending LPC because I didn't live close enough to feasibly commute to The Village, but this was long before they opened multiple campuses. I now teach high school girls at LPC, so that's where my roots are for at least another year or so.

I've attended LifeChurch.tv in Oklahoma City with my cousin, and honestly, I think The Village or Fellowship would be the most similar, even though my knowledge of Fellowship isn't much more than just what I hear from friends about the church. I do know that the teaching at The Village is compelling and challenging, and if you like that type of experience, you'll fit right in. Finally, I know one of the worship team leaders at Chase Oaks, but I don't know anything about the church itself. I'd recommend checking out the websites for all these churches. I know that you can watch LPC services live online, and each church's website will have similar options and tons of information that will give you an idea about the feel of the church so that you're not walking in blind on Sunday morning (or Saturday night or whenever). Good luck on your church search, as I'll be in that position myself once my girls graduate!

Old 11-18-2014, 12:58 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,871,632 times
I would say Fellowship Church is the closest to Northpoint. I remember Andy Stanley once saying that Ed Young Jr. (Pastor of Fellowship) was one of his closest friends and confidants. Both are sons of former SBC presidents, both are pastoring two of the largest evangelical non denominational churches in the country. The similarities don't end there. Fellowship has multiple congregations in the metroples, one downtown Dallas, one in Plano (that I know of), the main campus is in Grapevine just north of the airport.

Old 07-11-2016, 07:36 PM

1 posts, read 1,756 times
Default churches

Where is the Fellowship Church near Plano Texas and is it affiliated with Trinity Fellowship? Is there a North Point church close to Mckinney that follows the one affiliated with Andy Stanley?

Old 07-12-2016, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacakesandcoffee View Post
Where is the Fellowship Church near Plano Texas and is it affiliated with Trinity Fellowship? Is there a North Point church close to Mckinney that follows the one affiliated with Andy Stanley?
I don't think Andy Stanley has had any desire to have a branch of Northpointe in the DFW area since he is so closely connected with Ed Young Jr and Fellowship Church. The building where Fellowship Church had a satellite location in Plano off 75 and Spring Creek now has Watermark Church labeling. Not sure if the Fellowship satellite group relocated, closed or decided en masse to affiliate with Watermark. Not as up on these matters as others may be.

In McKinney I would recommend Christ Fellowship as being in a similar vein. But if you want the honest truth, and this is both a recommendation but somewhat of a disappointment to me... Most every large evangelical church... the non denominational ones and a good number of the Baptist ones... have a similar feel. When I first arrived, I visited both FBC McKinney and Christ Fellowship. They were both doing a sermon series based on the 40 days of purpose, and I promise, in consecutive Sunday visits, they sang almost the exact same worship songs. Felt like I had been to the same service twice. On some levels that was impressive, on another level it made me feel like church was becoming pre-packaged from headquarters.

Maybe a bit too harsh. Probably is. I sure don't want this to turn the thread into a church bashing site. I opted for a smaller fellowship that preaches the same gospel centered message but isn't quite as trendy. Probably a better fit for me.

Old 07-12-2016, 07:51 AM

I would also recommend any of the Gateway Church locations in the area. Main campus in Southlake. A satellite location on Legacy in Frisco as well as others.

Oh, and Fellowship Church is it's own mega church as far as I know and not a branch of Trinity Fellowship. I think Gateway has more of a connection with Trinity. If I am not mistaken, the pastor that founded it came from Trinity in Amarillo (or Lubbock). Sorry, at work and sneaking on here for a minute, not time to Google and research.

Old 07-12-2016, 09:01 AM

80 posts, read 109,681 times
I never followed up on this post from a couple of years ago. Ultimately, we found a home at Covenant Church. We love the pastoring and the diversity that's there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas