Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2014, 11:55 AM

11,855 posts, read 26,876,979 times

Advertisements

There is no timeline for the final leg of the PGBT through Sunnyvale.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2014, 12:56 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,860,718 times
Prosper and Celina are the new Frisco and McKinney.

Old 11-18-2014, 01:02 PM

718 posts, read 1,389,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
Prosper and Celina are the new Frisco and McKinney.
Agree, even the new mall on 380 and Preston is a reminiscence on Stonebriar , a decade ago The only difference I think is that Prosper and Celina will probably stay on a smaller scale.

Old 11-18-2014, 02:33 PM

34 posts, read 90,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
There is no timeline for the final leg of the PGBT through Sunnyvale.

Correct, but it will happen, as imminent domain has already been discussed with the Sunnyvale community and is foreseeable for the project. They have discussed several options, one of which would be over Lake Ray Hubbard as well. Link below for the meeting

The East Branch - Home Page

Old 11-24-2014, 12:04 AM

45 posts, read 70,732 times
I think it will continue to increase in value as demand for the area in general continues to be strong. People are moving here for work and will need homes with reasonable commutes. Most projections I've seen show estimates between 3-5% in property value growth for the metroplex as a whole.

It won't grow in the same way as Frisco or McKinney, it will probably always be more of an apples to oranges type of comparison. They are just different types of areas.

Prosper, Celina, and the 380 area in general are coming up. Growth is definitely showing a strong northbound pattern, thanks to many of the employers setting up shop in Denton and Collin counties. Celina's growth plans closely mirror Frisco's, while Prosper's seem to look more like Highland Village in a way. Prosper is much smaller; Celina's city limits are about the same size as Frisco. With the Cowboys' Star complex in Frisco, no other suburb will be able to compare.

Old 11-25-2014, 12:52 AM

990 posts, read 2,303,464 times
East Dallas has to grow more in population, wealth and white collar jobs in the I-30/US 80 corridor for this to happen. Then you start to have people and developers moving east to escape higher land prices and provide more and more middle-class housing. You saw this with areas to the Northwest of Dallas up 114 as well. If anything, NW is the new north from the Stemmons Corridor and up 114 all the way up to Justin. I would think I-30 would be next, but I think I-35E/US. 67 actually has the chance to be "next" with the huge job explosion along I-20 in that general vicinity. Just need the office space and a developer like Perot or Jerry to make that big investment. Can't go north forever or you will have to build out a new airport.

Old 11-30-2016, 11:36 AM

4 posts, read 4,866 times
Talking Forney is growing,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brywood View Post
No, Forney does not want to become the typical "north suburb" city; it has never been the focus of community leaders nor does it want to be. Yes, it will continue to grow and the homes prices will continue to rise. PGBT will expand all the way to I-20.

Continue to ask people who live in the area who can provide facts. However, the same builders who build in those northern suburbs build in Forney (Highland, Drees, DR Horton, etc).

Another reason for the growth is its proximity to downtown Dallas (21 miles).
** We are ten minutes from the Dallas County line, and 25 minutes from NorthPark Mall. When we lived in N Plano, it took the same length of time to get to NorthPark. Win/win - we love it here, we love the feel of a small town - while it lasts!!

Old 11-30-2016, 05:55 PM

4 posts, read 4,866 times
Lightbulb Rockwall is our next door neighbor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartAx View Post
Yes, I've seen Forney and Terrell constructing a lot of homes and businesses, but I don't think it will be the "new north". In order for Forney to boom, it needs more businesses, great reputation, lower crime, and widen US80. The NTTA is also expanding PGBT to I20 and I think it will affect the area.

The city that's really booming in the east side is Rockwall. It's way more bigger than Forney and has more to offer.
We live in the Travis Ranch subdivision - just outside of the city limits. We have phase 1,2 and 3. Half of the jr high and HS kids go to school in Forney, the phase 3 kids go to Rockwall ISD high school. We pay RW school taxes. Here in Forney, I am not apprehensive to walk outside after dark to take a walk or move the trashcan or check the mail. In NE Plano, it was not very safe, and we lived in a good neighborhood. Here we don't have people stealing packages off our front porches, or waiting for a victim to arrive home to rob. The alley garages are not safe, you must always be on guard. We know both neighbors on either side of us. We've exchanged numbers. We were out of town last week and the young woman sent me a text message and asked about when we'd return. A pkg had been delivered the previous day and it was still there. She paid attention. I had her get it for me and we got it when we got home the following day.

Heath is building a 'Yacht Club' (golf course) and there's a high dollar housing development going in near it. There is a brand new elem school being built just up the road, in Heath (RWISD) and just down from there, you enter Rockwall. I run over there at least twice a week, it's closer than going to see my orthopedic surgeon when we lived in Plano, and Plano Orthopedics was in Plano, but getting there wasn't just up the road!! I can get to NorthPark Mall faster at 11 AM from Forney, that I could get to my doctor's office when we lived in Plano.

There are huge, beautiful homes in Heath. Estates. I was shocked when we moved here and started going back and forth to Rockwall, but Forney, Heath and Rockwall are similar to going from Allen to Plano to Richardson, it's hard to tell where one ends and the other begins!!!

Old 12-01-2016, 12:25 PM

501 posts, read 1,463,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brywood View Post
No, Forney does not want to become the typical "north suburb" city; it has never been the focus of community leaders nor does it want to be. Yes, it will continue to grow and the homes prices will continue to rise. PGBT will expand all the way to I-20.

Continue to ask people who live in the area who can provide facts. However, the same builders who build in those northern suburbs build in Forney (Highland, Drees, DR Horton, etc).

Another reason for the growth is its proximity to downtown Dallas (21 miles).
I was thinking the same thing. I don't actually live in Forney but am very familiar and Devonshire (for example) is a wonderful development with very good builders.

Old 12-05-2016, 05:14 AM

2,997 posts, read 3,103,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETex2 View Post
I think this post illustrates perfectly a couple of the reasons I'd never want to move to cities such as McKinney, Frisco, or Grapevine. Overpriced homes and people who look down their nose at people who live in Mesquite, Forney or Terrell.
LOL, well, many of those same folks look down on DALLAS, so of course they look down on smaller cities like Mesquite, Forney, or Terrell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas