Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 09:15 AM

1,399 posts, read 2,176,107 times

Advertisements

Yeah, you will probably be forced to use Coserv. I wasn't pleased with not having a choice, but I like them better than TXU and we've had very few outages in the 5 years we've been here (almost all were related to the 2011 snow storm).

We own a Highland home and love it. They are well regarded in the area and we haven't had any issues. Our home has a ton of insulation (blown in and foam) but one of the previous owner's had it installed. I think it helps, but I don't know much about it in general.

We shop at Kroger at Main/Teel and occasionally Market Street for specific produce that is on sale.

Water restrictions vary from 2x a week (trash day and another day) to 1x a week to 1x every other week. Just depends on the time of the year and how much rain we aren't getting. Most people should have their sprinklers off right now (not sure what you need to do if you just had sod laid).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2015, 12:14 PM

103 posts, read 237,390 times
CoServ is very good I think. We have both power and gas with them and it costs less each month for both than what I paid to Reliant for just power in the apts in Plano. So I am very happy with them.

Old 01-23-2015, 09:24 PM

100 posts, read 187,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by martowski View Post
Congratulations on finding a home. We are moving down there this year, from the same area you moved from. :-) Although I will be working in Richardson.
Ah, I assume for a certain Insurance company, did a lot of contract business with them at my old agency! The new complex they are building in Richardson is huge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by escanlan View Post
Any type of aftermarket radiant barrier can provide at least some benefit. However you have to weigh that with the type and installation method used. The Reflective Insulation Manufacturers Association (RIMA) has a large amount of information to help you understand radiant barriers including after markets Technical Info | RIMA International . One very large consideration is the current condition of your attic insulation. If it is old, settled, displaced, etc., and time to replace it then adding a radiant barrier prior to that is the more opportune time. If your insulation is currently in good shape then it will be displaced, potentially damaged, etc., during the installation of these products.

As for the quality of the builder even the best builders have been subject to individually built problem homes or bad years. Unless you're seeing major problems I would not concern myself with trying to determine if that specific home was built well or not. Too many variables to worry about.
Great info! Thank you very much for that!

For those asking about if my area is "Coserv", I dont know, I'm getting my insurances lined up now. Power is next, then choosing an internet provider (though that choice seems easy as I only seem to have At&t and suddenlink to choose from, and only sudden link offers a good speed)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas