Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 07:48 AM

493 posts, read 1,762,895 times

Advertisements

Thanks for all of your replies. When I get to Royal I would be going east on Royal, however when I have just checked Mapquest it tells me to go onto Macarthur (from Schulze Drive) and then to go rt onto Rock Island Rd, then lt onto N O'Connor which eventually turns into Riverside and then rt onto Royal for 0.2 miles. Is that a better route do you think? Thanks again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2008, 08:16 AM

6,848 posts, read 11,806,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtotx View Post
Thanks for all of your replies. When I get to Royal I would be going east on Royal, however when I have just checked Mapquest it tells me to go onto Macarthur (from Schulze Drive) and then to go rt onto Rock Island Rd, then lt onto N O'Connor which eventually turns into Riverside and then rt onto Royal for 0.2 miles. Is that a better route do you think? Thanks again
Well, that's an interesting route... would never have thought of it but I rarely get past Northgate on MacArthur! The only way I've ever known is to go straight up MacArthur and turn right on Royal... or straight up MacArthur and turn right on Walnut Hill and then right on Royal as I said before, which puts you a block from what, Citi? I'd suggest doing a few trial runs and try both to see what works best for ya. And, it may be that sometimes one will be better than the other... at least you now have some choices!

Just note that when you reverse the route to return, and are going west on Royal to Walnut Hill Lane (and MacArthur would be the next intersection), the name of Walnut Hill Lane at Royal is now called Love Dr where it intersects with Royal (same street, different name, I don't know why!).

Good luck!

Old 02-01-2008, 12:06 PM

6,848 posts, read 11,806,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2sa View Post
Well, that's an interesting route... would never have thought of it but I rarely get south past Northgate on MacArthur! The only way I've ever known is to go straight up MacArthur and turn right on Royal... or straight up MacArthur and turn right on Walnut Hill and then right on Royal as I said before, which puts you a block from what, Citi? I'd suggest doing a few trial runs and try both to see what works best for ya. And, it may be that sometimes one will be better than the other... at least you now have some choices!

Just note that when you reverse the route to return, and are going west on Royal to Walnut Hill Lane (and MacArthur would be the next intersection), the name of Walnut Hill Lane at Royal is now called Love Dr where it intersects with Royal (same street, different name, I don't know why!).

Good luck!
I was just looking over this route again... and realized I had tried this in the past... at least from Northgate to O'Connor going towards where I thought I'd end up, at 114... as I knew O'Connor did intersect 114 on the other side... but at that time, O'Connor just came to a complete stop when you got into University Hills, so I had to turn around and go all the way back to MacArthur... and never tried it again.

So, now it looks like from the directions on mapquest, they've cleared it all the way through! The same with Riverside... on the south side of Royal, it just stopped and you had to turn around! Woohoo!! Ain't progress great?!?

So, yes... back to your original question, I DO believe this would be THE best route!!!

Thanks... this time it was the help-ee that actually ended up helping the help-er!

Old 02-01-2008, 01:02 PM

493 posts, read 1,762,895 times
Well, glad to have helped !!

Old 02-01-2008, 09:23 PM

123 posts, read 534,386 times
One acre is like 43k sq ft, so yes you can have a horse in dallas on 1/3 an acre.

Old 02-02-2008, 01:23 AM

4,207 posts, read 15,261,385 times
Most cities around Dallas require that you have only 1 horse per acre. If it's less than an acre, you cannot have a horse unless it's a property that has been grandfathered before the law came into place.

Naima
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas