Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2015, 12:49 PM

1,103 posts, read 1,665,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nissan View Post
Curious if anyone knows how sales of these homes are doing? We checked them out when they opened, but I left confused. The homes' finishes aren't really that high-end and the plans were meh. It seems like they cater to a pretty niche market, wonder if buyers think about resale given how different these homes are from the norm. That good be a good thing, I guess *shrug*. We're likely in their target demo (under 35 young profs, $250K+ incomes), but neither of us were wowed.
I am really interested to see how they are doing. I loved the models but way overpriced for areas they are in. They would seem to fit better in areas of Dallas or Las Calinas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2015, 07:04 AM

63 posts, read 133,986 times
Heard a month ago they only sold one house at PCR in Frisco. Lots of foot traffic at their models but
people are afraid to buy that style due to resale and probably because they are overpriced (IMO).

Old 05-18-2015, 07:55 AM

1,399 posts, read 2,181,083 times
We walked through the models a couple of months ago out of sheer curiosity (no plans of moving) and I was really shocked at the prices. I could get something with more square footage, nicer finishes, and from an established builder for the same price or less in other parts of Frisco. I couldn't believe what they were asking for them. I like the style and it is definitely something that isn't common in that part of DFW, but not for $700k.

Old 05-18-2015, 01:09 PM

1,341 posts, read 4,911,896 times
I wanted to walk in out of curiosity because I do like a very modern feel, however the moment I saw that the side backed up to a tom thumb, I was left thinking..really backing up to a grocery parking lot!? Maybe there are some lots that are better suited away from tom thumb, but at that price point...nope, would much rather move into a more vibrant area of pcr.

Old 05-18-2015, 05:37 PM

179 posts, read 285,321 times
These homes really see out of place for me in Frisco and McKinney. I toured the PCR models last weekend. I really liked the look, but my wife still prefers the more contemporary look of the other builders. There was a good amount of manufactured finishes though. The price didn't bother me so much, but I do agree with mom2gurls about the lots available not being the most desirable.

Seems better suited if they were smaller homes in Lakewood, LH, or East Dallas neighborhoods, but of course there is not oodles of land there. I'll have to ask later this week when I am up there how they are selling.

Old 02-19-2016, 11:09 AM

6 posts, read 8,286 times
I'm considering putting an offer at the MainVue Fairwaters location in Frisco. They are closer to the Tollway and cheaper in price. I was even contemplating putting an offer at the lot backing to an electric tower and putting the offer at $25k less (4%) than asking. Would you do the same ask for a discount? 4% or more like 10% of asking price? or would you just stay away from those lots?

Old 02-19-2016, 11:47 AM

501 posts, read 1,464,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpfcSMU View Post
I'm considering putting an offer at the MainVue Fairwaters location in Frisco. They are closer to the Tollway and cheaper in price. I was even contemplating putting an offer at the lot backing to an electric tower and putting the offer at $25k less (4%) than asking. Would you do the same ask for a discount? 4% or more like 10% of asking price? or would you just stay away from those lots?
Bear in mind those are city for Frisco but Lewisville ISD.

Old 02-19-2016, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyDadof2 View Post
Bear in mind those are city for Frisco but Lewisville ISD.

We liked the home style enough to consider forgoing Frisco ISD for LISD. The lot would be zoned for Tom Hicks Elementary which is a good school though.

Old 02-20-2016, 12:55 PM

1,103 posts, read 1,665,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpfcSMU View Post
We liked the home style enough to consider forgoing Frisco ISD for LISD. The lot would be zoned for Tom Hicks Elementary which is a good school though.
Might want to check the other thread on this builder.

Old 02-22-2016, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikestrong View Post
Might want to check the other thread on this builder.
I checked some of the comments including the ones in the Seattle area. I think i'm ok with taking the risk on not knowing the builders reputation or work quality (at least so far has been issues that i know i can manage with them). The biggest concern has been the proximity to the power lines. In one hand I hear people saying they would never even consider such house and in the other i see multi-million dollar homes on the other side of the power lines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas