Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-13-2015, 11:34 AM

4 posts, read 4,872 times

Advertisements

Due to delays in home purchase, I'm likely looking to lease. I'm a little worried, as basically all online reviews that I read sight excess noise and poor construction/insulation as issues with the apartments in this area- even with the higher priced "luxury" apartments.

I can attest to this with the apartment I'm living in now. For example, I know that Kim, my next door neighbor, has in-laws visiting next week. I have never met Kim. Rather, I know this due to casual conversations I am able to hear since my apartment bedroom shares a wall with her living room.

Anyone have recommendations? Anyplace that doesn't have units set up above or below you or else with minimal shared walls or nice thick insulation?

Must be < 30 min commute to Garland with a budget of $1,500 a month and hopefully in an area with plenty to do for someone in their early 30's and single.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2015, 10:39 AM

100 posts, read 187,454 times
we basically were looking for similar things when we first moved to Dallas, mainly because I'm a home theater enthusiast and wanted to still enjoy my systems while we were between houses. Unfortunately we never found anything short of leasing a home, so we just got a top floor apartment and I boxed my systems until we bought a home.

Have you considered just renting a small house?

Old 04-14-2015, 07:15 PM

133 posts, read 175,437 times
When I first moved I lived in the Murray Lofts in Deep Ellum. Never, ever heard my neighbor. This was true when everybody on my row kept the doors and windows open on the weekends. Also, my neighbor said her husband played video games all the time. Never heard anything.

The price is probably in your neighborhood. I had (2 years ago) a 2 bedroom with 2 covered parking spots for about $1700 per month. Gated patio.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: