Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2015, 06:49 AM

1,167 posts, read 1,817,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad0118 View Post
Personally don't see anything too out of whack in the video. That girl was clearly resisting arrest and needed excessive force to be restrained. The cop was then charged at and pulled his weapon to defend himself.
+1, semi-agreed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Must be why the other two cops restrained him and then uncuffed the girl.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Minded View Post
You have got to be kidding right?

I usually try to defend the police as I understand how difficult their job is but that little power tripping *** was out of control. He has major issues (a Napoleon complex being one of them) and should not be a cop.

I seriously hope he gets fired and never gets another opportunity as a police officer.
See below

Old 06-08-2015, 06:51 AM

110 posts, read 168,559 times
Quote:

I usually try to defend the police as I understand how difficult their job is but that little power tripping *** was out of control. He has major issues (a Napoleon complex being one of them) and should not be a cop.

I seriously hope he gets fired and never gets another opportunity as a police officer.
Where do you see power tripping? He was trying to get an out of control situation under order. Nobody was listening so he had to crank it up a notch. I'm sure you would have handled it in a much more well thought out and organiZed fashion. Perhaps you should join the force.

Old 06-08-2015, 06:52 AM

28,675 posts, read 18,795,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unknown00 View Post
+1, semi-agreed

See below
Once again: The other two police officers were there, saw the same events in the same situation, but did NOT see a reason to go crazy like that one cop. They moved to keep him under control.

Old 06-08-2015, 06:54 AM

28,675 posts, read 18,795,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad0118 View Post
Where do you see power tripping? He was trying to get an out of control situation under order. Nobody was listening so he had to crank it up a notch. I'm sure you would have handled it in a much more well thought out and organiZed fashion. Perhaps you should join the force.
The other two cops did handle it in a "much more well thought out and organiZed fashion."

After all is said and done in these forums look at the other cops. Why defend the crazy one?

Old 06-08-2015, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Once again: The other two police officers were there, saw the same events in the same situation, but did NOT see a reason to go crazy like that one cop. They moved to keep him under control.
Again, I semi-agree. He could of handled it better, there's always room for improvement. However, the situation there was out of whack and I can see why he acted the way he did. No one is perfect

Old 06-08-2015, 06:57 AM

3,127 posts, read 7,630,608 times
I get so sick and tired of people always trying to make excuses for the people that were asked to leave but refused and then started causing problems.

So does that mean that I can come to your neighborhood uninvited and when you ask me to leave I can refuse then start fights, vandalize, and act like a zoo reject and it's totally acceptable?

Old 06-08-2015, 07:04 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,749,614 times
We will never know exactly what happened before the event, however this is what I observed.

The officer pointed to only black males and asked them to sit down. During the video, we saw them all comply.

The officer was telling the black girls to cross the street. They were disrespectful towards him. One young lady (14!!) was mouthing off at him. The officer overreacted and grabbed the girl and started throwing her around. She Was screaming and crying because she was freaked out and didn't understand what he was doing.

Her friends ran to her defense. Not the smartest thing to do, the officer thought one boy was going towards him. (Remember the officer's head was down he could not see exactly what was happening) he pulled his gun.

The other officers pursued the two males that came towards the officer.

The officer then proceed to scream at the girl to put her face on the ground, screaming profanity and using excessive force. The girl repeatedly told the officer she was on the ground. He forcibly moved her to her stomach, shoved her face into the grass and dug his knee in her back. The girl tried to lift her head to breath, the officer shoved it back in the grass.

This is a 14 year old girl in a bikini. Crying for her mother. Was she respectful? No. Does that warrant wat the officer did? Absolutely not!! She wasn't threatening him, she was using freedom of speech. The officer should be fired period.

To me what was equally disturbing were the adults watching. Not one adult came to help the 14 year old girl. Only the teens were expressing concern the officer was in the wrong. Shame on the adults for not stepping up and saying something.

Last edited by veuvegirl; 06-08-2015 at 07:17 AM..

Old 06-08-2015, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post
I get so sick and tired of people always trying to make excuses for the people that were asked to leave but refused and then started causing problems.

So does that mean that I can come to your neighborhood uninvited and when you ask me to leave I can refuse then start fights, vandalize, and act like a zoo reject and it's totally acceptable?
Agreed +1

Old 06-08-2015, 07:09 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
Quote:

The cop was suspended while the Department does an investigation. What part of that is not handling the situation correctly?

Old 06-08-2015, 07:16 AM

16,062 posts, read 26,749,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXTwizter View Post

People aren't making excuses for the behavior. You are making excuses for a cop's behavior. He was frustrated at a girl mouthing off to him and assaulted her period. She didn't threaten him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas