Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 09:32 AM

190 posts, read 288,346 times

Advertisements

Why not look in Murphy or Allen? That'd be cheaper and offer a better commute. Allen ISD and Frisco ISD are very comparable (high school is a different matter) from what I know. Murphy with Plano ISD would be better than them both.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2015, 09:39 AM

143 posts, read 208,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtorichardson View Post
I and my wife came over to Plano last month. Toured around the area to house hunt ... we couldnt really agree on any existing homes. Finally decided that we would build a brand new home in Frisco.
We want a good school district and FISD was something we heard from everyone as one of the best in the area. After looking at lot of model homes, builder specs.... we liked the model home that Emerald had in Arbors at willow bay . It was kind of pricy, but we loved the plan compared to other cookie cutter plans which all looked same .
We would end up spending 530k (after all discounts) for a 4600sft - 4 bed, 3.5 bath, 1- game room, 1- loftroom, 1 - media room, 2 good size balconies on first and second floor each ....
the standard offerings were mostly good enough for us... we have about 7k left in the price to change a few things like hardwood in main walkways etc... as needed.. we have another 10k planned in our own budget for wiggle room for any more upgrades.
so guessing around 540-545k for the house built by Emerald - at Arbors at willow bay .

I would be commuting to Plano/Richardson at George bush and 75 intersection. it would be a good 35 min commute for me... which i can deal with if the family and kids are happy . There are going to be new schools in the neighborhood... with in less 2 miles. so my kids wont have to ride long distances for schools.

i am here to ask about your opinion on the area and the builder more specifically. Has any one in recent past bought from Emerald? have they had any issues? are they good in general ?

The lot size is 75*116 with mature trees behind the plot (for now).
I am not familiar with this builder but I assume you like the floor plan and the options. What I suggest is you hire a home inspector to do phased inspections( pre-pour, pre-drywall, final etc) so that anything that the builder and the city inspectors missed out will be addressed. Trust me, it is well worth the money.

Old 06-29-2015, 10:39 AM

1,341 posts, read 4,907,535 times
Here are some ones you can look into, still new schools and just farther towards 121 down independence.

http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...31-74927?row=1
http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...53-41711?row=1
http://www.realtor.com/realestateand...61-03180?row=1

Also look at liberty crossing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas