Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2013, 08:46 AM

11 posts, read 20,018 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are having a touch time deciding on which subdivision to live in. I would love to hear your opinions on which one is better. Thank you in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2013, 03:34 PM

1,315 posts, read 2,680,702 times
Both neighborhoods are nice and very similar.I would choose the neighborhood according to which you personally like the feel of best.Whether you are buying pre owned or doing a new build,look at the actual floorplan and what you are getting for what you are paying.Since bothe neighborhoods are so similar,that should assist you in the decision.Witley Place has higher price points,other than that there are few differnces...

Old 08-15-2013, 05:52 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,860,718 times
If it makes a diffrerence, Prosper's newest elementary school is located within Whitley Place. Not having to leave the development to get to school would be a big plus if I still had elementary aged kids. Also, Whitley Place is right next to a great church. I go there, so shameless plug....

Personally I like the topography of Whitley Place better, has a beautiful creek cutting through the middle of the development, more rolling and more mature trees. Lakes of Prosper is built mostly on flat land that would have been cornfields or pasture, few trees, makes the neighborhood less inviting.

But as a Georgia native, I consider anything in this area with large trees and a bit of elevation change to be prized. Might not matter to others.

Old 08-16-2013, 07:09 AM

7,891 posts, read 11,410,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
If it makes a diffrerence, Prosper's newest elementary school is located within Whitley Place. Not having to leave the development to get to school would be a big plus if I still had elementary aged kids. Also, Whitley Place is right next to a great church. I go there, so shameless plug....

Personally I like the topography of Whitley Place better, has a beautiful creek cutting through the middle of the development, more rolling and more mature trees. Lakes of Prosper is built mostly on flat land that would have been cornfields or pasture, few trees, makes the neighborhood less inviting.

But as a Georgia native, I consider anything in this area with large trees and a bit of elevation change to be prized. Might not matter to others.
I agree with you that trees, a creek, vegetation and hills make for a pretty area anywhere. I recently discovered Fairview and found it a gem due to these factors. I do not know the two subdivisions OP is asking about.

Old 08-16-2013, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhw2 View Post
I agree with you that trees, a creek, vegetation and hills make for a pretty area anywhere. I recently discovered Fairview and found it a gem due to these factors. I do not know the two subdivisions OP is asking about.
Fairview is definitely one of the most attractive areas in all of North Texas, agreed.

Old 08-16-2013, 10:12 AM

1,187 posts, read 1,023,277 times
Quote:
Fairview is definitely one of the most attractive areas in all of North Texas, agreed.
Is Heritage ranch in Fairview expensive and very desirable area? Some homes are built on smaller lots.

Old 08-16-2013, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritholtz View Post
Is Heritage ranch in Fairview expensive and very desirable area? Some homes are built on smaller lots.
I am pretty sure that this is an active retirement community, so yes, lots are smaller than what you find in the rest of Fairview. Most of Fairview has a custom home/non-subdivisiony feel (if I can make up a word). Heritage and some of the development by the mall are the only real exceptions to this.

Old 02-15-2016, 10:01 AM

117 posts, read 150,744 times
Quote:
I am pretty sure that this is an active retirement community, so yes, lots are smaller than what you find in the rest of Fairview. Most of Fairview has a custom home/non-subdivisiony feel (if I can make up a word). Heritage and some of the development by the mall are the only real exceptions to this.
The area around the mall (Village of Fairview) is McKinney ISD. Fairview is split in half at Meandering Way. Most homes West of Meandering Way (not all homes because there is a split) are McKinney ISD. Most homes to the East of Meandering Way are Lovejoy ISD.

Heritage Ranch is purely a retirement community and students are not allowed to live there or use a grandparents address to attend Lovejoy.

Lucas doesn't have as many rolling hills but there are some nice treed lots in Lucas and Parker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas