Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2016, 06:49 PM

185 posts, read 173,972 times

Advertisements

For Saturday night and Sunday night , I was looking to find the best area that is walkable in downtown Dallas to check out a bunch of bars and pubs . I have heard deep ellum is decent which area do you recommend ? I'm staying downtown at the Crowne plaza on elm street and using public transit and my legs .

Also where can I find the best patio bars I am under the impression when I will be in town in two weeks is considered patio weather ? What are some of the best patio hangouts and is there places I can hangout on a rooftop bar with views of the city skyline ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2016, 08:47 AM

1,167 posts, read 1,815,958 times
Uptown

Old 04-30-2016, 09:06 AM

2,169 posts, read 5,169,500 times
Deep Ellum, Uptown, and Lower Greenville Avenue are the three areas that might appeal to you most. Deep Ellum is more live music/art/restaurant oriented, Uptown is more bars, and Lower Greenville is restaurants/bars.

There are two DART light rail stops in Deep Ellum and Uptown has the free trolley up and down McKinney Avenue to go from one place to the next. More compact is the Bishop Arts District across the river in Oak Cliff and, if it's still running, you can take the free D-Link bus to get to it.

As far as decent patios, there are quite a few. I put asterisks by the ones that are outdoor rooftop bars:

Truck Yard (Lower Greenville)
HG Sply (Lower Greenville)*
Wit's End (Deep Ellum)*
Katy Trail Ice House (Uptown)
Trinity Groves (West Dallas/Oak Cliff)
The Rustic (Uptown)
The Den (Uptown)*
Quarter Bar (Uptown)*
Soda Bar at the NYLO Hotel (The Cedars area, south of downtown, fantastic city view)*
The Vetted Well at the Alamo Drafthouse (The Cedars area, fantastic city view)*
Bar Belmont (West Dallas/Oak Cliff, though the view is not as good since they built the development across the street)*

Not a patio because it's indoors but the view is great:
560 at Reunion Tower (downtown, at the top of the structure with the big ball on top)

Old 04-30-2016, 10:26 AM

645 posts, read 834,838 times
Might as well drive to Addison.

Old 04-30-2016, 07:28 PM

185 posts, read 173,972 times
Do you guys recommend twisted root ?

Old 04-30-2016, 10:04 PM

2,169 posts, read 5,169,500 times
Twisted Root is good but there are better burger places like Off Site Kitchen, Rodeo Goat, and Hopdoddy.

Old 05-01-2016, 08:16 AM

3,076 posts, read 5,646,838 times
Deep Ellum, Uptown (McKinney & West Village area), Knox Henderson, lower Greenville, and Addison if you want to go a little north. Tons of areas with nightlife in Dallas.

Old 05-01-2016, 10:37 AM

2,973 posts, read 9,478,415 times
Saint Ann and Happiest Hour for patio.

Old 05-03-2016, 09:42 AM

551 posts, read 1,098,236 times
If you're doing public transit then The Rustic is right next to the Cityplace DART stop. It's a great outdoor bar and live music venue. DART runs right by your hotel. Any eastbound train except the Green Line will take you there. From there you could take the free M-Line Trolley the goes along McKinney where there are lots of other bars and restaurants. The M-Line terminates downtown just a few blocks from your hotel. You could walk or jump back on the DART for a couple stops.

FYI. At cityplace make sure you take the escalators on the right. Those will drop you on the west side of 75 right by the Rustic.

DART to Rustic
M-Line Bar Map
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas