Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2017, 04:28 PM

5,673 posts, read 7,491,643 times

Advertisements

The forwardness and progressiveness of Texas is increasing at an alarming rate. Innovative projects are popping up everywhere in Texas. We are working on the second subway line additional line from the airport to Ft.Worth and a line from Plano to the airport. Klyde Warren park has become a Dallas Staple. It melded two of the most important districts in Dallas into one. From the day it opened until now this park has delivered way more than expected. It is the only park of its kind in the whole state...But not for long. Dallas has really turned the focus to the southern sector of Dallas. This is the initial step in my opinion to actually begin to "GROW SOUTH"

Dallas is a progressive city and to not focus on the largest underbuilt portion of the city would be backwards and negligent for a city with as much class as Dallas. This is a sign of the times!! We've always wondered why the southern sector of Dallas has been overlooked and underbuilt. Building this park over I-35 proves that the efforts to rebuild or build up the southern sector is well on it way!!!!!

This along with the new Golf course in the Trinity Forest will create the momentum that the southern sector needs to pull in developers.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=...98948594718539

https://youtu.be/CfvfDtmTAiE

https://youtu.be/iRLmhL1o4ng

https://youtu.be/xSEY5yfzsdA

Last edited by dallasboi; 06-30-2017 at 04:38 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2017, 11:55 AM

I-35 deck park gets unanimous support from Dallas City Council | WFAA.com

Old 07-06-2017, 11:59 AM

638 posts, read 572,828 times
Default Cool!

That's a great location for another deck park.

Old 07-06-2017, 08:59 PM

2,520 posts, read 2,248,469 times
It's a great idea but I'd also like them to come up with the money to maintain and improve the parks they already have.

Old 07-07-2017, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcualum View Post
It's a great idea but I'd also like them to come up with the money to maintain and improve the parks they already have.
This park will be privately run. Meaning no city money.

Old 07-07-2017, 04:35 PM

11,900 posts, read 27,045,166 times
Dallas needs to get the crime in the southern sector under control first. No matter how many parks or golf courses there are, no one will go there if they get robbed on the way, or their car gets broken into in the parking lot.

Old 07-07-2017, 07:21 PM

482 posts, read 402,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
The forwardness and progressiveness of Texas is increasing at an alarming rate. Innovative projects are popping up everywhere in Texas. We are working on the second subway line additional line from the airport to Ft.Worth and a line from Plano to the airport. Klyde Warren park has become a Dallas Staple. It melded two of the most important districts in Dallas into one. From the day it opened until now this park has delivered way more than expected. It is the only park of its kind in the whole state...But not for long. Dallas has really turned the focus to the southern sector of Dallas. This is the initial step in my opinion to actually begin to "GROW SOUTH"

Dallas is a progressive city and to not focus on the largest underbuilt portion of the city would be backwards and negligent for a city with as much class as Dallas. This is a sign of the times!! We've always wondered why the southern sector of Dallas has been overlooked and underbuilt. Building this park over I-35 proves that the efforts to rebuild or build up the southern sector is well on it way!!!!!

This along with the new Golf course in the Trinity Forest will create the momentum that the southern sector needs to pull in developers.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=...98948594718539

https://youtu.be/CfvfDtmTAiE

https://youtu.be/iRLmhL1o4ng

https://youtu.be/xSEY5yfzsdA
This looks great -- especially if the park winds up having anywhere near the impact Klyde Warren has had. These transportation and deck park initiatives are indicative of the can-do attitude in Dallas that has already attracted so much corporate growth and, in my opinion, will continue to attract much more. I'd say the only thing I dislike about Klyde Warren is that there's not enough of it. Only five acres??? Fortunately there are expansion plans in the works.

In general I'm pleased with how more cities nationwide are investigating and beginning to turn to deck parks to reclaim some of the urban activity/living space that has been lost to highway construction. I'm especially proud that Dallas is helping to lead the way.

Old 07-07-2017, 10:52 PM

4,457 posts, read 5,385,257 times
Congrats to Dallas???

I do not think you have gained a single resident because you know how to put a park on top of a freeway? Focus on murder and traffic.

Old 07-07-2017, 11:02 PM

2,520 posts, read 2,248,469 times
I don't know that Dallas has gained a single resident because of the park but it has helped draw people into new downtown housing. Here's an example. Have you ever actually visited the park? I never go but whenever I drive past the park it's crowded.

Old 07-08-2017, 12:38 PM

6,779 posts, read 10,040,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
Dallas needs to get the crime in the southern sector under control first. No matter how many parks or golf courses there are, no one will go there if they get robbed on the way, or their car gets broken into in the parking lot.
Don't get me wrong, there's crime in Southern Dallas, but it is not on the level of Chicago or Detroit. People really need to stop acting like Dallas is the most dangerous city in America. Every major city in America has a crime problem.

How do you expect an area to redevelop if there's no investment? Klyde Warren Park has greatly increased property values around it and developers are building residential towers around it due to its popularity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas