Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 09:36 PM

4,422 posts, read 6,260,506 times

Advertisements

Curious where in MA you're moving from. Most high schools here are quite large (6A or 5A). I second Flower Mound HS attendance zone area. Most of the people in Flower Mound are transplants. Texas has no income tax, but you'll be shelling out $10-12K a year for your property taxes for that $400K house.

https://www.lisd.net/domain/5231
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2017, 08:57 AM

712 posts, read 842,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zama View Post
Thank you so much! It will be a change from New England for sure! How long is your commute?
I35E improvements are complete now, and traffic fly's @ 75mph DURING RUSHHOUR (from south of Denton to middle of Lewisville) - my commute for that 16 miles is 15 minutes or so !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-03-2017, 03:21 PM

23 posts, read 43,457 times
Thank you for all of the replies! My husband has been down there for 2 weeks. Our house is on the market so things are crazy busy! He is meeting with the corporate real estate agent tomorrow night. My son and I will be down in 2 weeks, so we hope to have it narrowed down by then. So any other suggestions are much appreciated!

Old 10-14-2017, 09:24 AM

Any thoughts or advice on Canyon Falls in Flower Mound?

Old 10-14-2017, 01:12 PM

213 posts, read 315,248 times
Quote:
Any thoughts or advice on Canyon Falls in Flower Mound?
It's not zoned LISD (I think most if not all is Argyle or possibly Northwest) and it's a good distance from Lewisville. It would be Cross Timbers/Main Street the whole way right? That wouldn't be a problem until you cross 2499, then those traffic lights get pretty tight and pretty crowded. Personally, I wouldn't want to drive it when there are so many more options closer.

Old 10-14-2017, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masonsmom4 View Post
It's not zoned LISD (I think most if not all is Argyle or possibly Northwest) and it's a good distance from Lewisville. It would be Cross Timbers/Main Street the whole way right? That wouldn't be a problem until you cross 2499, then those traffic lights get pretty tight and pretty crowded. Personally, I wouldn't want to drive it when there are so many more options closer.
Thank you for the advice! We will be down there at the end of the week. Trying to narrow down our search. That area was suggested to us but it does look a bit far out.

Old 10-14-2017, 06:11 PM

213 posts, read 315,248 times
Quote:
Thank you for the advice! We will be down there at the end of the week. Trying to narrow down our search. That area was suggested to us but it does look a bit far out.
In my opinion, you're lucky in that you're not having to drive into downtown Dallas like so many and have a great opportunity to live in a desirable community with a super short commute. There's no need to drive to Canyon Falls or Lantana unless there's something there that you absolutely can't have anywhere else. And I can't think right off of anything there that would make it a must have. I think if you stayed in FMHS or Marcus zone you can find a home that fits your wishes plus gives your spouse an easy drive. Good luck! Hope you find a community you can be excited to move to!

Old 10-27-2017, 06:04 PM

We just got back from Texas. We visited some of the high schools. My son rated them with Argyle High School being #1 followed by Flower Mound, Marcus, Byron Nelson, Guyer. With that said we loved the area. However, the air traffic in Flower Mound was loud. We are thinking of Canyon Falls which some areas go to Argyle High School. My husband did the commute and it is about 25-30 minutes to work. Any thoughts on Canyon Falls?

Old 10-27-2017, 10:35 PM

3,478 posts, read 6,559,658 times
Quote:
However, the air traffic in Flower Mound was loud.
It really depends on the specific neighborhood. It was barely noticeable where we lived. Same in Coppell--I never notice it, but I do on the other side of the city.

I don't think there is anything wrong with Canyon Falls, especially zoned to Argyle ISD. Argyle HS has a good reputation and I've always been interested in maybe settling in that ISD myself because it has good academics, but it is smaller than most of the high schools in the area.

However, if you like Canyon Falls because it feels "out in the middle of nowhere," please know that it will not be that way for long. That whole area is rapidly developing. I would expect that your husband's commute will creep up over the years with the increased traffic. I don't think it is an unreasonable commute, though.

FWIW, I've heard good things about Northwest ISD too. Just be very careful to double check which ISD you will be ending up in!

Old 10-27-2017, 10:37 PM

81 posts, read 136,190 times
Not sure why you would want a 30 minute commute when you could have a much shorter one. Either Marcus or FMHS are top rated and Flower Mound is also a top rated community. Seems like a no brainer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas